Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2018, 09:45 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,879,874 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sactown4 View Post
You obviously should feel awful for the family of this girl. The guy who murdered her should face horrible consequences here, and then be deported.

I heard more about this murder today than I have about some far more noteworthy local murders.
I heard more about this murder on Fox News than I did about the Presidents' campaign manager being convicted.
We heard more about it on Fox News than the fact that the President is now an unindicted co-conspirator to a Felony.

We have 50 homicides a day in the US, what made this one so noteworthy?
She was cute.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2018, 09:46 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,231,960 times
What happened to her, while tragic, is not as important on a global scale as what is happening in the executive branch of the US government right now.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:46 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,512,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Yarrabee Farms, a family-owned company that operates dairy farms in the rolling hills outside Brooklyn, said that Rivera had been an employee in good standing for four years and that it was shocked to learn he was implicated in the crime.

The company is owned by the family of Craig Lang, a prominent Republican who previously served as president of the Iowa Farm Bureau.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/officials...132827935.html

Any chance this farm gets raided and Craig Lang gets arrested? Any chance the hundreds of other farms employing illegals gets raided with the owners arrested?

Illegals will never stop coming here until businesses stop hiring them for cheap labor. Neither party will do one thing about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Town FFX View Post
If there were stiffer penalties for those that do the hiring of illegals, perhaps the illegals wouldn't be coming to fill jobs.

Perhaps so.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnOurWayHome View Post
As soon as I heard Mollie was allegedly murdered by an undocumented immigrant, I knew it would be big news on Fox despite the huge stories about Manafort and Cohen. Pence immediately retweeted a Daily Caller article about it. Pretty white girl gets them every time. If it had been an AA male killed, not so muxh.

If she had been killed by an AR15, the right would be saying it's too soon to talk about gun control and sending thought and prayers.

Her dead body will now be used over and over by Trump to whip up his base and promote hate against the 'other' while he ignores our own home-grown crime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Partial Observer View Post
I don’t know about you all, but I personally feel much safer now that we’re using the right label. Whenever I’m confronted with a violent Muslim, I just chant “Islamic Terrorist†over and over until he turns to dust. Works every time.
Oh yeah. Me too.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:53 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,081,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I guess you could ask the POTUS, since he's been supporting it for years.

That said, there's a major investigation going and Trump's lawyer and campaign manager were both found guilty in court yesterday, yet the hot topic on P&OC is the murder (while tragic, of course) of one woman by ONE immigrant who is obviously a criminal and should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

We are really discussing illegal immigration on a nonstop loop here?

Deflection much?

LOL.

I seriously do think we need to revamp the e-Verify system and start charging employers with violating the law, but come on.

Fox News knew this was a deflection when they ran the story.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NOLA101 View Post
I would say someone orange who claims to be against illegal immigration, while married to a (former) illegal, hiring thousands of illegals, and using the issue to fool voters, would be worse. At least others are honest about the issue.
Zing!

Old 08-22-2018, 09:54 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,274,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Threerun View Post
Triple, no multiply that by much more, have been affected by US citizens committing crimes.

Not much said about that.

Kids killed in schools by Kids that shouldn’t have access to guns, family violence all through red America- but no address of that.

I guess you need a straw man for your voting bloc, huh?
I’m not sure if posts like this are just from ignorant people or those trying their best to deflect from the fact an illegal alien murdered this young woman. I suspect the latter. Let me try to explain it in terms even you may be able to understand...

There are things called countries that have borders. Within these borders live the citizens of that country. Other people can come into these countries if they abide by the rules the countries set up to allow immigration. These rules are called laws.

Within the countries the citizens sometime commit crimes. Crimes are when people break laws. The police enforce the laws to keep the rest of the law abiding people safe. Every one of these countries have crime. The countries can enforce the laws but not eliminate it entirely because the citizens and legal residents have a right to be here and people can be bad sometimes.

There are other people called illegal aliens. These illegal aliens break the immigration laws and come into the country illegally. That’s why they are illegal aliens and not “undocumented immigrantsâ€.

Once they’re here, some of these illegal aliens go on to commit other crimes such as identity theft or, in this case, murder. Since these illegal aliens aren’t supposed to be here in the first place, every crime they commit is completely preventable.
You can’t prevent all crime because some criminals have a right to be here. Others do not. That’s why the more illegal aliens we deport or prevent from coming in will stop the crimes they commit.

It’s really not that hard to understand if you’re not trying to push your agenda and stop deflecting.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:55 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I guess you could ask the POTUS, since he's been supporting it for years.
The President supported illegal immigration for years? Why are you telling lies?

Old 08-22-2018, 09:56 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,521,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He passed e-verify. Now what?
That's what the GOP farm owner claims.

And if he did pass, this signals that the e-verify system as it exists is ineffective.

In any case, it's common knowledge that agriculture in many forms employs illegals by the trainload and they'll do what they need to do in order to keep that cheap labor coming.

Illegal immigration won't end and that's because the right people benefit.

And we're not part of that club.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:56 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,831,699 times
Deflection is all you looser Dems have. But, but but the president.

Fact is, if you support illegal immigration, you're are nothing but a traitor to this county.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:57 AM

1,239 posts, read 509,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FKD19124 View Post
and you think rich white liberals like Nancy Pelosi scrub their own toilets???
After you learn to read, please go back and take a look at how I quoted a post that blamed both parties, and agreed with it. I also blamed both parties in my own post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
the killer passed e-verify. please try to keep up.
That's what the rich Republican who was just caught, claims.
Everify requires looking at multiple proofs of Identification, and comparing pictures to the employee standing right next to you. There would have to be a major glitch for him to have been approved.

Do we yet know if this guy crossed the border illegally, or overstayed his Visa?
I'm guessing it's the latter.

Old 08-22-2018, 09:58 AM

6,993 posts, read 6,335,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
Of course this is sad however do we need a thread every time an undocumented person commits a crime? There are 12 million undocumented people living in the USA as many as a small country of course some will commit crimes however the crime rate is lower for the undocumented than the general USA population.
Sadly, appealing to logic/reason is kind of waste of time for many on POC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies