Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 06:34 PM

12,772 posts, read 7,972,696 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
An interesting defense.

So you are saying Clinton was a larger evil. There is no way to counter this argument since it is impossible for either side to prove Clinton was, or was not, a better choice.

However, it is not justification to keep him in office
No, I'm saying they are both probably equally as evil. She also had a TON of baggage with her, and she also had a relationship with Putin that was exactly the opposite of what Trumps with him appears to be, and that is equally as dangerous.

There needs to be no justification for keeping him in office. He won the election, we have a legal system, and 3 branches of government that are literally designed to ensure that once elected, it remains justified that they are there. If you don't like the way our legal system or our government is designed, feel free to petition for different rules for impeachment or whatever laws you wish.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:40 PM

15,293 posts, read 17,671,176 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Doll View Post
I don’t feel this way at all. But, I do live in reality, and...well...this administration is an obvious dumpster fire (at best). I’d like to see some acknowledgement of that from Trump supporters.
The right wing propaganda mill has them firmly in its grasp. When all they hear is lies and misinformation, of course their position will make no sense.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:01 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,388,778 times
The OP reminds me of "Animal Farm" for some reason...

Old 08-22-2018, 07:47 PM

9,437 posts, read 7,364,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
Based on the fact that you still support and worship Obama I’d say at least 9 years.
And they still think the US needs a Clinton in power.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:49 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,192,353 times
Quote:
I mean, surely many Trump supporters have to know what’s right in front of their faces.

This man is a crook, and he needs to go sooner than later...for the sake of this country.

Trump supporters/voters made a mistake. When will they admit it?
I completely agree! I am guessing only a very small percentage will, unfortunately. I never thought we would see the day again in the USA (since Watergate) when some people would put their support of a crook, liar and raging bully over their nation. Hopefully, they will prove us wrong and change their minds, but I doubt it.

Last edited by chessgeek; 08-22-2018 at 08:01 PM..

Old 08-22-2018, 08:04 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,095 times
Quote:
This country is a disaster right now.

So true...

Record low unemployment. Record high stock market. Rolling back all of BO's pen strokes.

...and the country is a disaster.

What news are you watching?

Old 08-22-2018, 08:07 PM

14,888 posts, read 10,029,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haakon View Post
And they still think the US needs a Clinton in power.
And that the Obama admin was squeaky clean and left without a single scandal.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:09 PM

2,068 posts, read 998,095 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
An interesting defense.

So you are saying Clinton was a larger evil. There is no way to counter this argument since it is impossible for either side to prove Clinton was, or was not, a better choice.

However, it is not justification to keep him in office

If Trump is removed from office, Hillary will not replace him.

Pence will replace him. US Constitution Article II, Section 1, Clause 6.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:18 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,875,030 times
Quote:
Of course you do. So, do you support Trump?
I can't answer for T206, but I'll answer for me. I support America. America first and always. WE haven't had a President that put America first for decades and Trump is no exception. WE are stuck with Trump because:
1. Hillary was that bad.
2. Both parties failed to represent their base
3. 8 Years of Bush followed by 8 years of Obama.

Look at your own party. Ask yourself and be honest, does your party really represent the best interests of you and your family? I can honestly say that neither party represents the best interests for the nation, let alone me and my family. Why would you support at best a kin d of sort of party?
Did Obama represent what was best for America when he involved us in Libya and Syria? Doubled our national debt? spent 40 million on a gas station in Afghanistan? 1 trillion on the F-35?

Trump isn't the disease, he is a symptom of the disease.

Old 08-22-2018, 08:19 PM

2,642 posts, read 1,371,647 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MacInTx View Post
So true...

Record low unemployment. Record high stock market. Rolling back all of BO's pen strokes.

...and the country is a disaster.

What news are you watching?
I am sure you are thankful to Obama for all of that. The unemployment rate was very low and the stock market was at a near record high in the later stages if his presidency in spite of having had inherited the worst financial crisis since the start of the Great Depression.
Trump deserves credit for not derailing the economic good times we are in...but not for creating them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies