Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2018, 09:39 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,384,526 times

Advertisements

Ditto a great post
When you sling that much filth it’s going to get on you
And the dem party smells bad
Signed a former dem

Old 08-22-2018, 09:43 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by honeyinhouston View Post
So you want a criminal to remain President? Your President is basically running a crime syndicate. He needs to go.
Amen!

Old 08-22-2018, 09:43 PM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,275,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Ummm. What did “the left” do?

I mean “the right” controls the federal government at the moment, so maybe you should call your Senators?
Right? It's all them turning on each other, like rats fighting to get off a sinking ship, but somehow we're responsible.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:24 PM

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EuropeanLoyalist View Post
Its easy to understand when you understand that THEY themselves HATE America as well and the democrat party is their tool to destroy America.

Scurrilous and completely untrue - and personally offensive to me as well.

My family has been on these shores since 1647. Many of my ancestors were refugees for religious freedom and in flight from violence directed against the innocent. One of my direct ancestors, whose surname I bear, was with Washington at Valley Forge. He was seventeen years old that winter.

My ancestors helped create this country, and I try to honor the ancestors as well as my country. But even if my family had arrived here just yesterday, I would feel the same.

I love this country and its freedom. I always have, but it's only in this last year and a half that I realized just how precious it is to me and how threatened it is by Trump and his supporters and enablers.

Therefore, I have written and called my congressmen, practicing the participatory representative democracy this country has had as its government since the Constitution became the foundation of our laws. That leading nowhere, not surprisingly considering the identity and lack of quality of my current congressmen, I have also signed petitions in great number and written letters to local papers (which were published). I have applied bumper stickers and placed a sign or two in my yard. I have made posters, and attended rallies carrying them. I have appeared on local television with some of those posters (and some of my posters appeared on local TV news without me being visible). I have registered voters. I have met with other concerned Americans about what course we can best take to bring about the return of honorable and honest leadership in our state and in our country. There are many such patriotic and concerned Americans, and our numbers are growing.

I will soon be contributing financially to the candidates of my choice.

And of course, I have posted over and over and over again here, countering false claims, providing links and relevant information and commentary.

I've even written limericks. Mockery has its role, too - that's where "Yankee Doodle" came from, along with that jingle about "Sir William, he, snug as a flea, lay fast a-bed a snoring..." (look it up). Such humor elevated the spirits of the ancestors and so helped win the war.

We'll win this one, too. It's a war of words and justice, not of bullets and bombs, thankfully, but we will never lose. Patriots don't lose, and our country will not be lost. Freedom is in our DNA.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:24 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,711,220 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Well said !!!!

The idiots are running on hate, conspiracy theory's, and supporting crime and criminal gangs, open borders and foreign citizens but not the American citizen who does vote.

How in the world anyone who loves America can vote Dems is unexplainable.
The sad part is that many Republicans love America very little more than the despicable Dems do. Trump is different. Trump is real. Trump is one of us. And he loves his country more than all of the swamp politicians put together.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:29 PM

2,361 posts, read 2,535,745 times
Quote:
Not following the past 48 hours? ANYONE with more than a few brain cells to rub together can see this is an attempted coup attempt
Note to self— forward copy to Department of Redundancy Department.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:32 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
Scurrilous and completely untrue - and personally offensive to me as well.

My family has been on these shores since 1647. Many of my ancestors were refugees for religious freedom and in flight from violence directed against the innocent. One of my direct ancestors, whose surname I bear, was with Washington at Valley Forge. He was seventeen years old that winter.

My ancestors helped create this country, and I try to honor the ancestors as well as my country. But even if my family had arrived here just yesterday, I would feel the same.

I love this country and its freedom. I always have, but it's only in this last year and a half that I realized just how precious it is to me and how threatened it is by Trump and his supporters and enablers.

Therefore, I have written and called my congressmen, practicing the participatory representative democracy this country has had as its government since the Constitution became the foundation of our laws. That leading nowhere, not surprisingly considering the identity and lack of quality of my current congressmen, I have also signed petitions in great number and written letters to local papers (which were published). I have applied bumper stickers and placed a sign or two in my yard. I have made posters, and attended rallies carrying them. I have appeared on local television with some of those posters (and some of my posters appeared on local TV news without me being visible). I have registered voters. I have met with other concerned Americans about what course we can best take to bring about the return of honorable and honest leadership in our state and in our country. There are many such patriotic and concerned Americans, and our numbers are growing.

I will soon be contributing financially to the candidates of my choice.

And of course, I have posted over and over and over again here, countering false claims, providing links and relevant information and commentary.

I've even written limericks. Mockery has its role, too - that's where "Yankee Doodle" came from, along with that jingle about "Sir William, he, snug as a flea, lay fast a-bed a snoring..." (look it up). Such humor elevated the spirits of the ancestors and so helped win the war.

We'll win this one, too. It's a war of words and justice, not of bullets and bombs, thankfully, but we will never lose. Patriots don't lose, and our country will not be lost. Freedom is in our DNA.

Old 08-22-2018, 11:44 PM

29,212 posts, read 22,344,773 times
Quote:
The Mueller "investigation" is a witch hunt. I am saying ALL this did was insure people who are iffy about voting WILL VOTE now because they see the anti American left,its propaganda arm the media and its pit bulls in the politicized "intelligence community" attacking the President. If the left wins its to try and overthrow President Trump politically that's the easiest way and I don't trust the spineless wimps in the GOP senate to stop them. Ha what do you think is coming if we allow the leftists to overthrow President Trump via political means OR via violent means? Jeez.
Why, exactly, would 'the left' try to overthrow a government they won? if they won, then why would overthrowing Trump be necessary?

And what's so easy about overthrowing a President? Impeachment is not overthrowing anyone. It's the only Constitutional method there is to remove an unfit person from office by trial, not by coup, like Pinochet.

It appears you are using words read somewhere but you don't understand at all. You seem to think it is a very easy thing to accomplish. It's not. If it was, it would have been used much more often than it has been. How many Presidents have been impeached? Two. How many were convicted? None.

This makes about as much sense as your love for Pinochet.

Last edited by banjomike; 08-22-2018 at 11:57 PM..

Old 08-22-2018, 11:48 PM

2,811 posts, read 5,623,002 times
Quote:
Not following the past 48 hours? ANYONE with more than a few brain cells to rub together can see this is an attempted coup attempt and if the leftists get the house the anti Americans in the house will impeach President Trump since leftists are known weaklings they would rather go the political route first if possible. They shot their entire load and missed....all it did was **** off a HUGE chunk of Americans who might not have been excited to vote but will now.

We didn't. We stopped The Clinton Crime Family from getting the WH thankfully.
I'm sure that's what Nixon supporters said, too, at the beginning of his downfall. Because OF COURSE, his terrible, illegal actions were everyone else's fault, right?

Old 08-23-2018, 12:01 AM

10,920 posts, read 6,905,438 times
What is this thread????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies