Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 06:06 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,926,044 times

Advertisements

I couldn't give a damn. If you can't afford children then quit having them. No excuses. None.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 06:08 PM

51,651 posts, read 25,785,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 11thHour View Post
I couldn't give a damn. If you can't afford children then quit having them. No excuses. None.
Well, that solves that problem.

What next?

Old 08-24-2018, 06:08 PM

26,773 posts, read 22,521,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Sounds like a lot of work. That's why I used my washing machine.

Of course, daycares aren't going to wash your kid's diapers. They aren't going to wash the outfits that get dirty either. They are going to send the dirty outfits home in a plastic bag.

They are also gong to send the wet diapers home in a wet bag. Happens every day, all over the country.

Learn tips and tricks for using cloth diapers in daycare centers | Fluff Love University

Most children in daycare are there because their parents work. If they earn enough to pay for disposable diapers, go for it.

If not, cloth diapers are a less expensive option.
Well I've been sarcastic.
The point is - they can get by with cloth diapers IF mothers stay at home with children.
But if they work, they HAVE TO HAVE those disposable diapers for the day care, since it's a requirement.
And what I see the complaint is, even when they WORK, they still can't afford disposable diapers.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:13 PM

5,315 posts, read 2,111,200 times
Quote:
Sounds like a lot of work. That's why I used my washing machine.

Of course, daycares aren't going to wash your kid's diapers. They aren't going to wash the outfits that get dirty either. They are going to send the dirty outfits home in a plastic bag.

They are also going to send the wet diapers home in a wet bag. Happens every day, all over the country.

Learn tips and tricks for using cloth diapers in daycare centers | Fluff Love University

Most children in daycare are there because their parents work. If they earn enough to pay for disposable diapers, go for it.

If not, cloth diapers are a less expensive option.
But this article says:
"Generally, daycare providers want cloth diapers to be easy to use, and to be as much like a disposable as possible. This usually means all-in-one (AIO) or pre-stuffed pocket diapers. Additionally, many daycares won’t reuse covers, and require all parts of the diaper to be changed each time. This rules out AI2 systems, prefolds, or padfolded flats, unless you have enough covers to send a new one for each change."

Which cost more than the simple prefolds and rubber pants unless you buy lots of covers.

You can buy cloth used, of course. I did for a lot of mine. But I didnt have budget restraints like the people in these situations. It's possibly doable, but not as easy as people think it would be.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by erasure View Post
Well I've been sarcastic.
The point is - they can get by with cloth diapers IF mothers stay at home with children.
But if they work, they HAVE TO HAVE those disposable diapers for the day care, since it's a requirement.
And what I see the complaint is, even when they WORK, they still can't afford disposable diapers.
No, it is not a requirement.

All sorts of daycares accept children with cloth diapers. They are quite the deal among some mothers these days.

Go into the children section of any craigslist and you'll find collections of used clothes diapers and covers for sale.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
But this article says:
"Generally, daycare providers want cloth diapers to be easy to use, and to be as much like a disposable as possible. This usually means all-in-one (AIO) or pre-stuffed pocket diapers. Additionally, many daycares won’t reuse covers, and require all parts of the diaper to be changed each time. This rules out AI2 systems, prefolds, or padfolded flats, unless you have enough covers to send a new one for each change."

Which cost more than the simple prefolds and rubber pants unless you buy lots of covers.

You can buy cloth used, of course. I did for a lot of mine. But I didnt have budget restraints like the people in these situations. It's possibly doable, but not as easy as people think it would be.
Of course, it is not easy. Cloth diapers are more affordable. That's the point.

Disposables are more convenient, but you pay for that convenience.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:22 PM

Quote:
Of course, it is not easy. Cloth diapers are more affordable. That's the point.

Disposables are more convenient, but you pay for that convenience.
Well sure, but there are levels as to how cheap it is. Lots of daycares wont want to deal with the most affordable kinds, so it's a bit more difficult than is being said. I do think a lot of people would try it more if they saw what modern ones are like.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by latimeria View Post
Well sure, but there are levels as to how cheap it is. Lots of daycares wont want to deal with the most affordable kinds, so it's a bit more difficult than is being said. I do think a lot of people would try it more if they saw what modern ones are like.
It's too bad they don't. There are several advantages to cloth diaper other than cost.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:33 PM

2,490 posts, read 2,543,996 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovecrowds View Post
https://www.thenation.com/article/we...fford-diapers/

If they can't even afford cheap, plastic diapers they have no business having a baby then.

Having babies while poor has become a very profitable family business. They live lavish lifestyles already, the last thing America needs is subsidized diapers for children and diaper banks.

Amazing, how senior citizens who worked all their life don't have diapers covered under Medicare which should be included but these poor women with children get a big windfall each month with only a tiny amount of that big, fat TANF check going to diapers.

https://medicare.com/coverage/medica...adult-diapers/

https://www.cnsnews.com/news/article...-born-medicaid

It's all a bluff and desperate plea for higher taxes and more welfare so they can buy gold-rims for their Cadillac SUV's and trying to emulate Kardashian lifestyles.

Maybe they should use TANF money for diapers as opposed to manicures, gasoline for Cadillac Escalade's and steaks and lobsters.

As a single male without kids, I think it is interesting how many articles these days on pampered millennials who complain about child care being expensive and how diapers are expensive also.
1) Your a single male (which reading your post I’ve gained some clarity on why that may be), so you’re really delusional to the cheapness of diapers. A 25$ pack may last a little over three weeks for ONE child...if you let them sit in their own filth for 8-10 hours at a time.

2) Seniors have an alternative. My father gets free catheters from Liberty medical without worrying about running out or cost. Are you so concerned about this because it’s your time to start wearing em?

3) Cadillacs, gold, steak, lobster... I’m guessing you’re not just ignorant but probably a little racist too I bet. Go take your dementia medication grandpa and buy you a copy of THe Help

Old 08-24-2018, 06:39 PM

Quote:
It's too bad they don't. There are several advantages to cloth diaper other than cost.
I love how they usually lead to little or no poopsplosions.
Some kids train faster. My first didnt ever really care if she was wet, though. My second kept getting rashy from them (uncommon...maybe I needed to strip, but oh well) and we eventually switched to disposable with a cover over.

I need to sell a lot of them one of these days,,,try doing that with paper, ha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies