Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 04:21 PM

14,221 posts, read 6,961,631 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
Justification is always subjective.
What does this mean? Do you or do you not support giving up what you own to the native American tribes? Are they justified in using violence to get what they want from you or anyone else who lives in America?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 05:11 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
So why dont you justify giving what you own to the native American tribes? You know, someone actually lived where you live now. Is the native American justified if he or she uses violence to take what you own?
I never said anything about land ownership. The point is fear of former oppressors that the oppressed are gonna take revenge on them. THAT is the paranoid bit.

Old 08-24-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
I never said anything about land ownership. The point is fear of former oppressors that the oppressed are gonna take revenge on them. THAT is the paranoid bit.
Plenty of people have hatred in their hearts towards people who share the same skin color as the people you call "former oppressors" and who you claim need to be taught a lesson. With hatred comes violence. You claimed that the whites are now being taught what fairness is, as they had to "re-learn" it because as you say, they are "former oppressors". So why dont you show some of that fairness yourself and give up what you own to the rightful owners? Is it too difficult for you to do? You just cant get yourself around to do it?

Old 08-24-2018, 06:05 PM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 1 day ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,599,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PCALMike View Post
Plenty of people have hatred in their hearts towards people who share the same skin color as the people you call "former oppressors" and who you claim need to be taught a lesson. With hatred comes violence. You claimed that the whites are now being taught what fairness is, as they had to "re-learn" it because as you say, they are "former oppressors". So why dont you show some of that fairness yourself and give up what you own to the rightful owners? Is it too difficult for you to do? You just cant get yourself around to do it?
It wouldn't do any good, especially in a post-agriculture based age.* I say this country needs a lot of "moon shot" type programs for education and infrastructure improvement. Unfortunately, poverty simply takes a very long time to eradicate even under the best of circumstances. Yes, there is that story of that occassional poor person who winds up being a millionaire, but for the most part that doesn't happen. If it were that easy, then how come most janitors kids don't live in glitzy sections of town. Plus there's the general lack of opportunities in rural areas, even relatively prosperous ones in the upper midwest and parts of the great plains (which most native lands are located in, and which are not wealthy). Although the US government can help the Natives, ultimately it can only do so much.

*I said based, meaning that's the primary source of wealth creation. Since then, its been manufacturing, service, and technology-based industries that create the source of wealth - especially in "tomorrows tech and ideas today" type industries.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil75230 View Post
It wouldn't do any good, especially in a post-agriculture based age.* I say this country needs a lot of "moon shot" type programs for education and infrastructure improvement. Unfortunately, poverty simply takes a very long time to eradicate even under the best of circumstances. Yes, there is that story of that occassional poor person who winds up being a millionaire, but for the most part that doesn't happen. If it were that easy, then how come most janitors kids don't live in glitzy sections of town. Plus there's the general lack of opportunities in rural areas, even relatively prosperous ones in the upper midwest and parts of the great plains (which most native lands are located in, and which are not wealthy). Although the US government can help the Natives, ultimately it can only do so much.

*I said based, meaning that's the primary source of wealth creation. Since then, its been manufacturing, service, and technology-based industries that create the source of wealth - especially in "tomorrows tech and ideas today" type industries.
So you dont feel that you need to re-learn what fairness is, but you are shaming people in other countries claiming they need to be taught a lesson because of the color of their skin and you're using genocidal rhetoric to boot. If you refuse to give up the land you occupy then give up your wealth and income to the native Americans then. If 92% of the US population was native American and the elected government sang songs about torturing and murdering you and your family because of your skin color, and the people of your skin color in neighboring Canada had already been exterminated (like in Zimbabwe), I think you would have a different opinion.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:42 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,873,534 times
I'll tell you what SA represents to me. It's an example that once non-whites become a majority and whites are a minority, whites will be dispossessed and brutalized even as has always happened when they are outnumbered and don't have control. What leftist call "white supremacy" is just whites keeping enough control to prevent that. I don't know how bad it will eventually get and spiral to in America but I think it could be as bad as Nazi Germany or Stalinist Russia. At best something worse than Brazil or latin America.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:45 PM

16,590 posts, read 8,610,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
So the right is obsessed because Trump tweeted out false propaganda?

He did this as a dog whistle to the base and to deflect from his legal problems. BS as usual.

Who needs Alex Jones when we have Trump?
Educate yourself with real factual information, not leftist tripe designed to try and boomerang back toward Trump.

The problems of SA have been going on well before Trump was even a candidate, and anyone familiar with ti knows it goes back at least 15 years now, and has been a roller coaster ever since.

`

Old 08-24-2018, 06:55 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,737,137 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I’ve seen so much criticism and attacks of South Africa’s government from right wing media and YouTube channels lately and I don’t get the obsession. Could someone really explain this to me? There’s a lot of misinformation about genocide going on but no evidence. They also don’t talk about the plight of the black majority even though they’re poorer and are more victimized by crime.
It's not "lately". We have been trying to get the MSM to report on this for a very long time. It's to the point that they cannot ignore what is going on, but instead of reporting on it, they pretend it's "white supremacy" making things up.

Except it's NOT made up. South African farmers have been getting slaughtered for a very long time. And the people in South Africa have already decided to take the farm lands from the Dutch South Africans.

If you really wanted to know why, I would have figured you would have actually looked up south african farm murders to see the stories for yourself, NOT from the lying US media, but from media in other countries that are actually reporting the truth about the killings. I mean, you're already on the internet, why wouldn't you have done that, first before creating this thread attacking white people when you don't even know what is going on.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:00 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
Julius Malema of the EFF in RSA.

Kill the boer (white farmer).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKy4OM9EIyI

Old 08-24-2018, 07:52 PM

9,807 posts, read 11,142,657 times
A must watch...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a_bDc7FfItk&t=2042s
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies