Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 07:57 AM

7,168 posts, read 5,364,890 times

Advertisements

It is not really about seizing land, it is about the farming equipment that is sitting on that land.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 07:58 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,615,131 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
The truth is, people (black, white, yellow) are racist and the most blatant racists tend to be black.
You think it is about racism, but it is about the control of the land. Africa is ripe with violence, and 99+% of it is black-on-black tribalism, like Congo, where an estimated 5 million people have died. Why aren't you complaining about that not being in the news? Oh, that's right, there are no white people involved.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:10 AM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
So... you wanted to discuss this, but thought it would be cooler to frame it as something "the right" wants to discuss?
I think you hit the nail on the head. I have an impression this is not a quest for knowledge/dialog, rather a campfire set up to roast conservatives with people of the same mind. They want to think they know all the answers while demonizing the "deplorables" (or as some have called them, the enemy).
As is typically the case, they only know their emotion based feelings, and that is good enough for them. Facts, discussion, debate are not welcome, just bash the right and they will pass you a wine cooler while patting you on the back for being superior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tall Traveler View Post
Yep, sounds like "the Left" wants to talk about SA to point out their racism against whites as justifiable.

The truth is, people (black, white, yellow) are racist and the most blatant racists tend to be black.
Whether the most racists people are blacks is debatable, but what is not debatable is that the liberal media culture has weaponized speech/thought by creating PC. However with most things left wing, the rules do not apply to all, only those with whom they disagree. So anyone in a PC protected class can be as blatantly racist
as they want. But allow the enemy to even make an off color joke, and they must be silenced and must be sent to PC re-education camp. Then depending on how benevolent they feel you might keep your job, or attempts to ruin your life might be in order.
As this all ties into SA, rest assured things have been going south for quite some time. A friend of my son had his entire family come to America, except the Dad stayed behind to run the family business. We use to get regular reports of life in SA, and the ANC has changed a lot since Mandela was at the helm.
Now a hatred for whites and blaming them for all the ills of society is routine.
Worse, they are headed in the exact same direction of other colonized countries where the whites land is confiscated, are driven out, or killed.

`

Old 08-23-2018, 08:13 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,542,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
You think it is about racism, but it is about the control of the land. Africa is ripe with violence, and 99+% of it is black-on-black tribalism, like Congo, where an estimated 5 million people have died. Why aren't you complaining about that not being in the news? Oh, that's right, there are no white people involved.
lmao. if the races involved were reversed, you'd be howling 'racism!!' loud enough to break glass.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:13 AM

19,620 posts, read 12,218,208 times
Many of us grew up hearing about apartheid and sympathizing and donating and going to benefit concerts. The message was end racist apartheid and there would be peace in South Africa.

Now we should go to such efforts to help these farmers. It's not a right wing thing, just the right thing.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:18 AM

25,567 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
No land has actually been taken yet, it’s just a proposal. And the fact that the majority of farmers are white in a majority Black country should be a concern. I don’t agree with the ANC’s proposal but some type of land reform needs to happen..........
Why? The white South Africans are every bit as South African and the black people are.
Should black American farmers hand over their land to white Americans?

Old 08-23-2018, 08:20 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
I must have seen at least 50 new threads yesterday about Cohen and Manafort.

But genocide looming and possible civil war in South Africa? Nothing really worth talking about there. No, we need to create more threads fantasizing about how a Manafort conviction is going to bring down two-scoop. That's where the real world problems are.
It depends on what you think the focus should be.

Many aren't globalists and think we should focus on national issues that pertain to us.

I would love a kinder, gentler nation.....with empathy, compassion and concern for all.

But I'm afraid that's a little too 'liberal' for some.

Wish we could strike a balance -- and not just on these humanitarian issues but on all our local issues as well.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:24 AM

16,578 posts, read 8,600,121 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am tempted to spend a lot of time trying to educate you, but knowing your leftist ideology, it would likely be a waste if time.
Suffice it to say America and other countries have tried to stop genocide in Africa in many regions, including the one you mentioned. However when you are talking about uncivilized tribes with blood-lust in a remote part of the world, there is only so much you can do.
That alone is a fact whether you wish to open your eyes to it or not.

As to SA, part of the reason it is being mentioned (more so than Zimbabwe or Rhodesia) is because we led the charge to pressure SA to end Apartheid, thus a regime change. When you do things like that, you hope for the best, but if things go sideways you have an obligation to try and prevent people from being slaughtered as a result. So where we did not get involved with the other countries I mentioned, we did in SA. Thus now we must be willing to try and prevent a rogue regime from taking what we helped to create and abusing it.

The same is true of Libya, but the leftist news media is not covering that debacle because it was caused by Obama & Hillary. They also didn't cover the slaughter of Coptic Christians in Egypt that much for the same reason.
But rest assured any misstep of an (R) like Bush, and it was on the news constantly. You might be thinking, damn right is should have been. While I agree in principle, you cannot have a "free press" only attack one political party for it's mistakes, yet cover for the other party by lack of coverage, or outright omission.

The bottom line is that we are partially responsible along with much of the free world for toppling the Afrikaner government, and now have a responsibility to prevent a potential slaughter. If you disagree, try to articulate why with a reasoned response, not just some one sentence quip.

`

Old 08-23-2018, 08:27 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I’ve seen so much criticism and attacks of South Africa’s government from right wing media and YouTube channels lately and I don’t get the obsession. Could someone really explain this to me? There’s a lot of misinformation about genocide going on but no evidence. They also don’t talk about the plight of the black majority even though they’re poorer and are more victimized by crime.
White people.

Old 08-23-2018, 08:28 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ladybug07 View Post
I know there has been some issues with farmers (those of a specific race that is a minority there) land being seized by the South African government. Which I heard about it from a friend of ours who is living near the area. It has been going on for quite a while now.
Yeah... It's been going on for quite some time... but, I am thinking that right wing mouthpieces just picked it up recently to deflect.

How often have you seen the right wing give a damn about ANY part of Africa?

In my experience, the average Limbaugh fan cannot find South Africa on a map.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies