Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 09:05 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,289,311 times

Advertisements

Because it plays into the racial fears over changing demographics that the Neo-Nazis on this forum want to fan.

It’s also a shiny object to distract from the stupid bigot in the White House.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 09:05 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I am tempted to spend a lot of time trying to educate you, but knowing your leftist ideology, it would likely be a waste if time.
Suffice it to say America and other countries have tried to stop genocide in Africa in many regions, including the one you mentioned. However when you are talking about uncivilized tribes with blood-lust in a remote part of the world, there is only so much you can do.
That alone is a fact whether you wish to open your eyes to it or not.

As to SA, part of the reason it is being mentioned (more so than Zimbabwe or Rhodesia) is because we led the charge to pressure SA to end Apartheid, thus a regime change. When you do things like that, you hope for the best, but if things go sideways you have an obligation to try and prevent people from being slaughtered as a result. So where we did not get involved with the other countries I mentioned, we did in SA. Thus now we must be willing to try and prevent a rogue regime from taking what we helped to create and abusing it.

The same is true of Libya, but the leftist news media is not covering that debacle because it was caused by Obama & Hillary. They also didn't cover the slaughter of Coptic Christians in Egypt that much for the same reason.
But rest assured any misstep of an (R) like Bush, and it was on the news constantly. You might be thinking, damn right is should have been. While I agree in principle, you cannot have a "free press" only attack one political party for it's mistakes, yet cover for the other party by lack of coverage, or outright omission.

The bottom line is that we are partially responsible along with much of the free world for toppling the Afrikaner government, and now have a responsibility to prevent a potential slaughter. If you disagree, try to articulate why with a reasoned response, not just some one sentence quip.

`
I am not a leftist, and nor is it a left vs right issue. I have spent years in Africa, so I can say I know a thing or two about it. If you feel compelled to blame America for their problems, and insist we get involved in some way, then you are just another neo-con world police. Besides, there was a thread about this, which proved there is no "white genocide" in South Africa. SA is slipping into a state of lawlessness, and murders do occur, but as of now only 0.6% of murder victims have been white farmers, and they have been victims of robbery rather than some imaginary genocide you are trying to make it to be. Personally, if I was a farmer in SA, I'd get the heck out.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:31 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
I am not a leftist, and nor is it a left vs right issue. I have spent years in Africa, so I can say I know a thing or two about it. If you feel compelled to blame America for their problems, and insist we get involved in some way, then you are just another neo-con world police. Besides, there was a thread about this, which proved there is no "white genocide" in South Africa. SA is slipping into a state of lawlessness, and murders do occur, but as of now only 0.6% of murder victims have been white farmers, and they have been victims of robbery rather than some imaginary genocide you are trying to make it to be. Personally, if I was a farmer in SA, I'd get the heck out.
Are you denying land will be expropriated? Where exactly should these farmers go, where can they go?

Old 08-23-2018, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Are you denying land will be expropriated? Where exactly should these farmers go, where can they go?
No, I am not denying it. I think it will happen. Nationalization, and redistribution seems to be the path they have chosen, which I why I would be looking to leave if I were them. Best to do it before it kicks in, while you can still sell the land for some money out of it. Where? How should I know where? Each can pick their own destination. I doubt US will take them as long as Trump is in WH, so they can look into Australia, Canada, Europe and other nations in Africa, like Tanzania and Kenya.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:51 AM

19,609 posts, read 12,206,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
No, I am not denying it. I think it will happen. Nationalization, and redistribution seems to be the path they have chosen, which I why I would be looking to leave if I were them. Best to do it before it kicks in, while you can still sell the land for some money out of it. Where? How should I know where? Each can pick their own destination. I doubt US will take them as long as Trump is in WH, so they can look into Australia, Canada, Europe and other nations in Africa, like Tanzania and Kenya.
You seem quite cavalier about it. I'm sure it's very different if you are the one targeted and forced off your property and life. I'm not so certain they can just choose a place to go. Countries are not lining up to accept them.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:57 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,282,260 times
Quote:
You seem quite cavalier about it. I'm sure it's very different if you are the one targeted and forced off your property and life. I'm not so certain they can just choose a place to go. Countries are not lining up to accept them.
Actually Tanzania and Australia both have plans in place to help with immigration.

Old 08-23-2018, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Why are you asking me where they should go? How the heck should I know? If I were them, I would apply for political asylum in Australia or Tanzania. They would most likely grant it. People from SA might prefer Tanzania, since it is in Africa where they grew up.

What would you do?

Old 08-23-2018, 09:59 AM

9,019 posts, read 14,282,260 times
Quote:
You could be like Clayton Williams (R) and remember, if you're gonna get f'd; ''If it's inevitable, just relax and enjoy it.''

Old 08-23-2018, 10:20 AM

23,534 posts, read 17,208,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonta4 View Post
I’ve seen so much criticism and attacks of South Africa’s government from right wing media and YouTube channels lately and I don’t get the obsession. Could someone really explain this to me? There’s a lot of misinformation about genocide going on but no evidence. They also don’t talk about the plight of the black majority even though they’re poorer and are more victimized by crime.
Instability in any country especially in a country that is stable amongst neighboring countries marked by constant unrest and violence is always a concern and should be for all. Instability invites intervention from our enemies China and Russia as well as ISIS and like violent organizations.

Proposal is to take land without compensation. where have we seen that? How about south American countries, Venezuela is a fine example. Other than SA, Kenya, Botswana and a handful of microscopic countries. that continent is a disaster fostered by tribalism and constant violence.

Old 08-23-2018, 10:31 AM

13,561 posts, read 10,348,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post
Instability in any country especially in a country that is stable amongst neighboring countries marked by constant unrest and violence is always a concern and should be for all. Instability invites intervention from our enemies China and Russia as well as ISIS and like violent organizations.

Proposal is to take land without compensation. where have we seen that? How about south American countries, Venezuela is a fine example. Other than SA, Kenya, Botswana and a handful of microscopic countries. that continent is a disaster fostered by tribalism and constant violence.
Gee, where were you when the black South Africans were forced off their lands and had their communities destroyed before and during the Apartheid era? And forced into "bantustans"?

To quote desertdetroiter, you're just PO'd because the rabbit now has the gun.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies