Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 12:09 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,801,084 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Oh well. Stop being a bigot/racist arse on social media. Keep it in your inner circles in person like most people.
"Bigot/racist arse" is a matter of perspective. I see the mainstream media, Democrat politicians etc being that on a regular basis

Old 08-25-2018, 12:16 AM

29,381 posts, read 16,302,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
"Bigot/racist arse" is a matter of perspective. I see the mainstream media, Democrat politicians etc being that on a regular basis
The guy in the article said he would empty his clip into the crowd.

please explain to the forum the perspective that allows that comment to not be evil ?

Old 08-25-2018, 12:21 AM

12,601 posts, read 7,162,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fitzy24 View Post
Oh well. Stop being a bigot/racist arse on social media. Keep it in your inner circles in person like most people.
Thank you.

It's sad that that has to be pointed out.

Old 08-25-2018, 02:00 AM

19,966 posts, read 7,801,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
The guy in the article said he would empty his clip into the crowd.

please explain to the forum the perspective that allows that comment to not be evil ?
You left the part out "cuz I would be afraid of them". It's just hyperbole, exaggeration. He was not making a real threat. People often make comments about events they don't like and use hyperbole and exaggeration.

Look at all the anti-white racist stuff that what's her face immigrant from Korea said and the NY Times still hired her and last I read defended her and kept her employed. Her job as a journalist is a lot more influential than some firefighter. PC seems to be a one way street.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:08 AM

18,399 posts, read 7,000,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
You are both arguing that racist shouldn't be called out for being racist. And on top of that , you are saying that the people calling them out are somehow worse .

How exactly do you support that logic ?

Doxxing someone in an attmpt to get them fired, publicly shamed etc isn't "calling them out".

If you doxx someone in an attempt to ruin their life over something they said on the internet that hurt your feelings....

You are a scum bag.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:08 AM

29,175 posts, read 22,161,193 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
My advice for anyone to avoid getting doxed is to use VPN so no one can pinpoint your location. Two don't use LinkedIn. Just recently Pro-Black Youtuber Tariq Nasheed used LinkedIn to Dox an Asian woman who was rude to a black woman at an Atlanta rooftop lounge over a seat. He shared the information with the black female victim who contacted Porsche the employer of the Asian woman who was rude and the Asian woman was fired. Contact information sites such as Spokeo to have your data removed. Keep Facebook to your friends and family. All of such will help you mitigated the chances of being doxed, and having your livelihood ruined.
My advice to avoid being doxxed is to avoid doing anything that could cause you to get doxxed no matter where you are on the internet.

But it's just as true in street life too, as nowadays, the two overlap a lot.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:19 AM

36,889 posts, read 18,765,566 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
You and your high horse make me ill. Are you going to get me fired? People have said bad things to me and I don't feel the need to add to the unemployment line or destroy someone's life. The fact that you are proud of it is disgusting.
You wave a swastika around or participate in white supremacist rallies, you are fair game if I can figure out who you are. If you don't know what your employer will tolerate, you should ask before you participate. If you are self-employed, you may want to ask your customers. Your opinion of me isn't worth a bucket of warm spit. I don't imagine Al Capone was very fond of Eliot Ness, either.

Last edited by cuebald; 08-25-2018 at 07:43 AM..

Old 08-25-2018, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
I wonder if these idiots go after fast food workers or janitors? Only people that will get them attention? That alone makes it unjust.

Or how about going after some real racists like the Stormfront idiots? They know they will come after them, burn their house down with them in it.
Two of us from this board infiltrated a closed board based in Upper NY State ten years ago that was run by a bunch of Stormfront supporters. The only one we were able to identify positively lived in Hawaii and was retired. There were six more who readily admitted they were members, and a number of people from other groups like the Klan. They are sick people who cannot validate themselves unless they have a group to persecute that they consider to be beneath them because of their race. Burning them out is a bit of overkill, but chasing them into the street in a barrel works very well, indeed.

As I have said previously, violence and destruction of property is not an appropriate answer, when there are much more destructive methods available.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hbdwihdh378y9 View Post
That is sick.
Glad you approve.

Old 08-25-2018, 07:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeaveWI View Post
I understand the direct threats- inexcusable!! Also,
I despise hate and bigotry- that has NO place in civilized society!!!! So I agree with you there-
But what's almost as bad is a cowardly snitch- Someone that doesn't have the courage to handle matters face to face and instead goes the behind the back and tattle on them to their employers!
Guess you're lucky your employer doesn't have a policy against gutless half-men who can't address some one face to face, but have to tattle behind their back!
Mr Employer!!!! Jimmy said a bad word on the internet!!!! REALLY??
Grow a pair !! And either handle offensive comments like a man or get off the internet!!
Let me guess- you grab your firearm when a Jehovah's witness rings your doorbell too! More wimpification of America! Let's go tattle!!!!!
I am retired after working fifty years. Thirty-five of that was as an owner of three businesses and a manager of a couple more. If anyone of my people had ever made a racist comment, I would have walked them to the door immediately. If anyone had ever contacted me with proof that any of my employees were participating in any acitivity that could be detrimental to the business, ditto. Most employers feel the same way, and guard their own interests. If they are smart, they will not allow their name to be associated with any sort of discrimination against anyone. There are federal laws governing that sort of thing with a list of protected classes, and they will follow those guidelines at a bare minimum.

I have been a gun owner for sixty years and hunted deer and hogs for forty-five of those, but I don't keep one loaded in the house. I am not a violent man, and I refuse to live in fear. Everyone gets the benefit of the doubt until they demonstrate they cannot be trusted.

You sound triggered. May I suggest a nice cup of tea and a brisk walk?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies