Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-24-2018, 12:05 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times

Advertisements

Don't get me wrong. Their is no room for bigotry and racism, but at the same time. Why waste hours hunting and trolling to get people fired from their jobs for what they say online. Yes free speech has consequences, but can we think if that person doxxed has kids or takes care of elderly as a financial caregiver to family. What is this count coming to.

If you post hatred or racism on social media, activists are watching, and may tell your boss | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette

Old 08-24-2018, 01:17 AM

1,663 posts, read 875,853 times
There's reason #66,988 to Sh*tcan facebook, twitter, all that mess and pick up the phone when you want to talk to someone. Tell the kids its "retro" and they'll love it.

Old 08-24-2018, 01:39 AM

21,467 posts, read 10,568,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post
Don't get me wrong. Their is no room for bigotry and racism, but at the same time. Why waste hours hunting and trolling to get people fired from their jobs for what they say online. Yes free speech has consequences, but can we think if that person doxxed has kids or takes care of elderly as a financial caregiver to family. What is this count coming to.

If you post hatred or racism on social media, activists are watching, and may tell your boss | Pittsburgh Post-Gazette
Absolutely terrifying what this country is becoming. I can’t believe the Democrats’ response to the election is to make Trump look more reasonable by comparison. As stupid as his Twitter feed is, it pales next to these people. And they somehow think they have the high ground.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:47 AM

20,126 posts, read 16,152,106 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Absolutely terrifying what this country is becoming. I can’t believe the Democrats’ response to the election is to make Trump look more reasonable by comparison. As stupid as his Twitter feed is, it pales next to these people. And they somehow think they have the high ground.
True words, these.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:50 AM

17,003 posts, read 12,588,356 times
I just keep my politics out of FB. Hobbies and family. It is great for those 2 things.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:51 AM

11,404 posts, read 4,083,387 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ottomobeale View Post
I just keep my politics out of FB. Hobbies and family. It is great for those 2 things.
I try to do the same. I had been off of FB for almost a year, but I miss seeing pictures of family and keeping up with old HG classmates.

You know, what Facebook/social media was originally intended for.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:57 AM

4,320 posts, read 5,136,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bronxguyanese View Post

I think that's petty going after people for the bigotry in their hearts. They are individuals who don't have a platform. It's the clear bigotry/white nationalism promoted by the Trump administration that cannot be tolerated. They are trying to change this country to something it is not and has never been.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:02 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,211,164 times
Quote:
It's the clear bigotry/white nationalism promoted by the Trump administration that cannot be tolerated.
What would this be ? Just the facts.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:14 AM

24,476 posts, read 17,215,678 times
Placing some extreme or inflammatory rhetoric on social media is not very smart because it can be used against you in the future. The same goes for drunken naked party time photos where you are passed out on the floor.

These type of posts are not becoming.

It is crazy that these activists are watching. Don't they have better things to do? Who is paying them?

Old 08-24-2018, 07:19 AM

16,200 posts, read 23,039,952 times
My advice for anyone to avoid getting doxed is to use VPN so no one can pinpoint your location. Two don't use LinkedIn. Just recently Pro-Black Youtuber Tariq Nasheed used LinkedIn to Dox an Asian woman who was rude to a black woman at an Atlanta rooftop lounge over a seat. He shared the information with the black female victim who contacted Porsche the employer of the Asian woman who was rude and the Asian woman was fired. Contact information sites such as Spokeo to have your data removed. Keep Facebook to your friends and family. All of such will help you mitigated the chances of being doxed, and having your livelihood ruined.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies