Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2018, 06:25 PM

2,067 posts, read 1,069,056 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chessgeek View Post
That is so true. This is so reminiscent of Watergate back in 1974 when I was just 14. I remember Nixon flashing the peace sign on his way out. He resigned on August 9, 1974 (yes, I googled that ). I have a feeling Trump will go out with less class and may even flip us the bird.
With all of his money, he still cant buy that word.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2018, 06:31 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
And the walls keep closing in.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:50 PM

3,306 posts, read 1,346,702 times
Dana Loesch went on NRATV and said the Democrats are “trying to Al Capone the president”. Maybe she is uninformed about Al Capone and his criminal enterprise or she is malignantly stupid. Or both. Either way, yikes.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:55 PM

13,900 posts, read 9,771,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellopity View Post
Dana Loesch went on NRATV and said the Democrats are “trying to Al Capone the president”. Maybe she is uninformed about Al Capone and his criminal enterprise or she is malignantly stupid. Or both. Either way, yikes.
Of course the spokeswoman for a traitorous organization would side with Al Capone.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:06 PM

12,601 posts, read 7,227,052 times
Quote:
She's a true paid crisis actor. What a joke.

Old 08-24-2018, 07:33 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Well--I hope they are trying to Al Capone Trump==because
Al Capone was a cancer in Chicago in particular and the US in general...just substitute NYC for Chicago
Al Capone was a crook who cheated the American government of lawful taxes from illegally gotten money,
Al Capone built a criminal empire and depended on the loyalty of his minions to grow it and protect him
Al Capone was involved with foreign criminals in furthering his crime enterprise
Al Capone represented himself as a beneficial citizen who did "good works"
Al Capone was indicted and tried and convicted of tax fraud
Al Capone died in Federal prison from tertiary syphillis I believe because he had unprotected sex with prostitutes

So I see enough similarities that I hope Mueller plays the role of Elliot Ness and takes the mother down...

Old 08-24-2018, 08:13 PM

2,275 posts, read 1,670,725 times
Trump started out on his quest to promote the Trump brand and cash in as much as possible on his widespread media coverage during the campaign. His anger at President Obama fueled the flame.

I thought on election night Melania looked horrified realizing her private life was ending and Ivanka just looked shell shocked. I think she was smart enough to realize that the skeletons in the closet would be revealed.

Maybe they will go back to their original name "Drumpf" as the Trump brand is certainly losing its luster.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:14 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
Allen Weisselberg goes way back and started with cooking the books for Fred Trump in the 1970s. He knows everything.
Trump's long time lawyer has flipped.
Trump's long time CFO has flipped.
Trump's long time guy in charge of paying off sexual assault victims has flipped.
The criminal target is obviously Trump and his crime family.
Just for clarity
Weisselberg and Pecker do not have "cooperating" immunity agreements
Their immunity comes likely because they would not voluntarily agree to a constructed immunity deal...
Their immunity involves compulsion to testify...
by giving them immunity from self incrimination SDNY has taken away any legal reason not to answer and answer truthfully pertinent questions to their investigation of Cohen...right now...since he is the only one UNDER investigation....
But remember at this time in the legal process the SDNY might not have legal reason to go after Trump Corp IN DEPTH
Do I want them to--sure

But it may be the state AG's investigation or Manhattan DA Vance's into tax fraud where there is NO immunity in force yet that may be more productive and painful...

Old 08-24-2018, 08:25 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
non story. YAAAWWWWNNNN
That's the problem now, all the yawning over there on the right.

Old 08-24-2018, 08:29 PM

12,970 posts, read 9,656,695 times
Quote:
I’m interested in what nonsense will come out of Giuliani’s mouth in response to this development. The weekend Trump tweets will be delectable.
Just another truth isn't the truth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies