Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-01-2018, 11:01 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,656,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
So? I lost my father this year not long ago actually and of course all of us kids loved him.

She isn't anything out of the ordinary.

And unlike McCain my father stood by my mother for her entire life through things that quite a few men would have ran away from, so my father had a great much more integrity than Mad Dog.
And McCain had three times as much integrity as Trump if that's how you're scoring. Count the illicit affairs with prostitutes and various women on the side, then McCain has at least 20 times the integrity as Trump.

Oh, and BTW, McCain was called "Mad Dog" because he refused to take **** or roll over for anybody. Those same characteristics put Trump in the White House if I recall.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2018, 11:06 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
Reprehensible remarks Fromm meghan and Obama!

To use grief to attack a winner is disgusting to me. That shows how low these people are!

Daily speeches about a man who let down the people because of his bitterness and showing that he left this earth not as a hero as he should have resigned to serve the people of his State as clearly he was too sick to do his job.
McCain and Obama have more class, integrity, and decency in their left pinky toenails than your orange messiah has in his entire being.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:07 AM

12,966 posts, read 9,643,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
This over the top love fest with MCCain is not helping the Democrats.

Reagan didn’t het this coverage for his funeral and his was a truly great President.

MCCain crashed like 6 planes and caused all of us to keep it high health care premiums while MCCain for 8 years vouched to repeal Obamacare but because it was Trump who almost accomplished the repeal that was not what bitter and sour MCCain liked so McKudas gave the thumb down!

I will never forgive hm for that!

He deserves some honor but daily coverage is ridiculous and all that happened is that we turned the t off or changed channels. Still when you check online you get co fronted with he ridiculous over the top love fest.

The man never got elected as President and Palin his own chosen running mate is not invited for the funeral. Like she caused him to loose. MCCain lost because of MCCain!

How many over the top love fest have Trump had, a lot. Remember him having everybody at that table go around and praise him, say all nice things about. Every rally is a big love fest, so please don't tell us about love fest. And it's you worrying about this helping the democrats, they are not worrying about anything like that, it's you.

Last edited by ipaper; 09-01-2018 at 11:19 AM..

Old 09-01-2018, 11:08 AM

13,900 posts, read 9,765,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You are a dying breed. Over 60% of Americans now DISAPPROVE of Trump.

My question is, why is it not 100%? #notapresident
Yup. The fact anyone still supports Trump highlights the need for mental health reform.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:22 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,265,944 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
John McCain was NEVER a racist politician. In fact 10 years ago he was trying to champion comprehensive immigration reform under the GW Bush administration. He was also a strong proponent supporting Native American causes.

Please name me one, verifiable incident of overt racism John McCain perpetrated.

Democrats called him a racist in 2008 when John went against Obama....but then again that is their playbook in every election. They called Reagan, HW Bush, W Bush, Mccain, Romney a racist.

John Lewis the civil rights "icon" called Mccain a racist and compared him to George Wallace. He accused McCain of fostering ‘an atmosphere of hate’ and ‘hostility’ like the one that led to white supremacists’ 1963 bombing of a church in Birmingham, Ala.â€

^^^^^^ he said it so it must be true........but wait just last week he wrote this about Mccain:

John Lewis @repjohnlewis

Senator John McCain was a warrior for peace. He will be deeply missed by people all around the world.

which is it? now you know why people view politicians as dirtbags and liars.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:26 AM

79,913 posts, read 44,161,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post

^^^^^^ he said it so it must be true........but wait just last week he wrote this about Mccain:

John Lewis @repjohnlewis

Senator John McCain was a warrior for peace. He will be deeply missed by people all around the world.
This is why with the Republicans being so bad, it's still really hard to support the Democrats.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:26 AM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Substance is not about materials things.
You missed the point.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:28 AM

9,717 posts, read 14,252,784 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kavalier View Post
It is honestly preposterous at this point. Ugh.

Never thought watching 'Paid Programming' would be more interesting to me on this Saturday morning than ever before.
or Bullwinkle cartoons!

Old 09-01-2018, 11:33 AM

26,212 posts, read 19,507,958 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lchoro View Post
McCain probably owes a debt of gratitude to Trump for the send-off. If not for the feud between Trump and he, the intelligence establishment, and the media, the funeral coverage would probably be more in line with his status. Instead, he's given treatment accorded kings and heads of state.
It's more than that, I think, his funeral is being used as an opportunity for both parties to show unity in era of extreme, hyper-partisanship, forced on us all by Donald J. Trump. It's pushback to the Trump agenda by both parties.

For once I am reveling in over the top coverage of a fairly mediocre Senator.

Old 09-01-2018, 11:39 AM

27,212 posts, read 46,720,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by normstad View Post
You are a dying breed. Over 60% of Americans now DISAPPROVE of Trump.

My question is, why is it not 100%? #notapresident
Guess what... if you are an American than President Trump is your president too!

Otherwise you have to go to another country and denounce your citizenship!

MAGA! Pro Trumpers were at least not so childish during the Obama years as at that time, Obama was out President, regardless if we agreed with him or not.

Meghan and Obama may have taken shots at the President which allows us to reply to these ridiculous and misplaced remarks on a day they should mourn their loved one but their hate took the best of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies