Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 08:09 AM

13,711 posts, read 9,206,123 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post

I've yet to meet a liberal from Ca. who didn't think they knew more that anyone else. They are especially knowledgeable on people they never met and have the uncanny ability to know all about them.

I have lived in San Diego and have a brother that still does. Your BS won't fly by me but good try.

So, have you been to a real city?

Quote:

We know what Ca. thinks of their homeless population after all they pass the laws to help create them.

They have no justification to complain about anyone coming into the state. They would have even more homeless if not for the ones leaving Ca. to other states. Millions of them.
Considering there are 554,000 total homeless in the entire country. That's some right-wing math for you to arrive at millions of homeless just in CA alone.

California Today: State’s Homeless Population Drives National Increase

America's Homeless Population Rises for First Time in Years

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 08:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
Actually, middle class people who live there are being priced out of their homes.

Are you trying to say middle class people couldn't afford houses and sleep on the streets???? For God sake, people; TBYP!!!! (Think before you post).

They just move further away where housing is cheaper. You really think there is a cheaper alternative, say, 10 miles away and people will go, "No! If I can't afford to rent right here then I will just sleep on the streets even though I could afford to live there!"

Is there something about watching Fox News that kills brain cells?

Old 08-26-2018, 08:19 AM

8,580 posts, read 10,101,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by beb0p View Post
$71,760 is not a lot of money in San Francisco. A person can still qualifies for affordable housing with that salary.

If this is fair, San Francisco should be allowed to bill the red states who keep sending their people to camp on our streets.

Quote:
Exactly!!!!!

10,000 homeless got fed up with sleeping on the streets and took SF's offer to buy bus tickets for them to return home. These are people who traveled far to reach SF and greyhound tickets home are expensive because they are from so far away, so they needed the city's assistance.

Thanks for making the point for me.
You must not have read this part:

“Is it fact or urban legend that other cities or even States send their homeless people to San Francisco?”

The answer to Faust’s question? It’s a myth that the rest of the country is bussing people who are homeless to San Francisco as some sort of recompense for having progressive politics.

But, it is true that bussing programs exist. Many cities all over the country will buy you a bus ticket if you’re homeless and you have somewhere to stay in another city.

Over the last 12 years, about 150 people have taken free bus tickets to come here. But, over that same time, San Francisco has bussed out over 10,000 people. In other words, the city’s homeless population would be over twice as big today, if they hadn’t taken the city up on a bus trip.

Based upon this, it appears that other states should be billing San Francisco for bussing out the homeless to their states.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:22 AM

34,301 posts, read 15,599,055 times
Quote:
So, have you been to a real city?

Considering there are 554,000 total homeless in the entire country. That's some right-wing math for you to arrive at millions of homeless just in CA alone.

California Today: State’s Homeless Population Drives National Increase

America's Homeless Population Rises for First Time in Years

Reading Comprehension is not your forte apparently.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZLiam View Post
You must not have read this part:

“Is it fact or urban legend that other cities or even States send their homeless people to San Francisco?”

The answer to Faust’s question? It’s a myth that the rest of the country is bussing people who are homeless to San Francisco as some sort of recompense for having progressive politics.

But, it is true that bussing programs exist. Many cities all over the country will buy you a bus ticket if you’re homeless and you have somewhere to stay in another city.

Over the last 12 years, about 150 people have taken free bus tickets to come here. But, over that same time, San Francisco has bussed out over 10,000 people. In other words, the city’s homeless population would be over twice as big today, if they hadn’t taken the city up on a bus trip.

Based upon this, it appears that other states should be billing San Francisco for bussing out the homeless to their states.

I never once raised the fact that other states are bussing their homeless to CA. Not once. Yes, they're doing that to some degree but....

THE MAJORITY OF HOMELESS CAME HERE ON THEIR OWN FREE WILL. The fact still remains that they are here to escape the hell that is Middle America. If red states can get their act together, there wouldn't be so many people fleeing there to live on the streets here. SF should bill red states because their incompetency is driving a significant not-well-todo population here, draining our resource!

Did I make the point clear? It seems you were confused about my point.

CA sends rich people to red states. Red states send poor people to CA. This means CA has to take care of red states' problem children and this is not fair.

At the very least, red states should compensate SF for the bus tickets for sending their residents back home.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:28 AM

Quote:
Reading Comprehension is not your forte apparently.
Read my post again, learn to do math. You'll get it.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:29 AM

25,303 posts, read 21,387,412 times
I like this ny post headline

It’s a crap job – but it comes with a big paycheck

https://nypost.com/2018/08/23/its-a-...-big-paycheck/

Old 08-26-2018, 08:32 AM

San Francisco and L.A are both examples of liberal regressivenes ruining quality of life in a city . They let the homeless situation get totally out of control and it’s seriously affecting the lives of tax payers and decent people living in the city .

You see the same thing in other liberal run cities like Seattle , Portland , Oakland etc .

Old 08-26-2018, 08:38 AM

8,580 posts, read 10,101,500 times
Quote:
I never once raised the fact that other states are bussing their homeless to CA. Not once. Yes, they're doing that to some degree but....

THE MAJORITY OF HOMELESS CAME HERE ON THEIR OWN FREE WILL. The fact still remains that they are here to escape the hell that is Middle America. If red states can get their act together, there wouldn't be so many people fleeing there to live on the streets here. SF should bill red states because their incompetency is driving a significant not-well-todo population here, draining our resource!

Did I make the point clear? It seems you were confused about my point.

CA sends rich people to red states. Red states send poor people to CA. This means CA has to take care of red states' problem children and this is not fair.

At the very least, red states should compensate SF for the bus tickets for sending their residents back home.

Yes, I am very confused about your point. What hell do you speak of? The hell of unaffordable housing? That occurs in San Francisco, not middle America.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:43 AM

This is a typical liberal situation . Neglect an issue and let it get out of hand due to “tolerance” in this case tolerance of allowing the homeless to truly degrade quality of life in the city .
Then end up spending a fortune on some band aid “solution “ while not really solving the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies