Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2018, 10:11 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,435,823 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What crime is there hard evidence that he is guilty? What evidence? What facts? What crime?
Conspire ing to defraud the United States.

No on is going to reveal the evidence until after an indictment of don, don Jr. , Kushner...but not Cohen.
Too bad. So sad.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2018, 10:35 PM

4,540 posts, read 2,767,067 times
I would like to congratulate all you Trump supporters for your progress!

Denial: That's been going on for a long time, and some of you are still there. Give it time...

Anger: We've seen a lot of this... ya'll are really good at this one

Bargaining: Finally some of you have arrived! It'll fall on deaf ears of course, but it's an important step.

Depression: Steel yourself... it's coming. Those of you who were alive during the Nixon Error will remember. But we Liberals will be there to help you through it

Acceptance: Some will run, some will stumble, and still more will be dragged. But you will all make it to the finish line

Last edited by turkey-head; 08-25-2018 at 11:00 PM..

Old 08-26-2018, 04:18 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,671,835 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCobb View Post
“If he is a guilty of a crime, fine.” Well then, yes, yes it is. There is hard evidence he is guilty of one crime already. There’s plenty of circumstantial evidence that he’s guilty of many more. So by your own criteria - guilty of “a” crime - then looks like it’s time to pull the plug and out of the White House.
That's right. Some do not see there is enough reason to remove him.

Old 08-26-2018, 06:58 AM

33,321 posts, read 12,511,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No more cookies View Post
He is not gonna be impeached at least til 2020. Democrats don’t have the senate votes to impeach him.
Impeachment is a House action, not a Senate action.

Bill Clinton and Andrew Johnson were both impeached, but neither was removed from office because both were acquitted in their subsequent trials in the Senate.

The Constitution gives the House of Representatives the sole power to impeach an official, and it makes the Senate the sole court for impeachment trials.

Impeachment | US House of Representatives: History, Art & Archives

Quote:
It’s much easier that he won’t get re-elected than that he will get impeached. No republican will vote for impeachment.
If the precedents set by the Bill Clinton and Andrew Johnson trials held, no Republican would vote for removal from office.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:01 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,615,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DavePa View Post
Sorry kitty.... I'm not nor was Hal on C-D. You are hitting strikes tonight ..... and I don't mean bowling. Really, my typos, sentence structure and grammar. Would out me in another ID.
Well again ..... saying "When" to me. Denotes it WILL happen. "If" is a possibility over "will" happen.

After all. You want to call someone out for mixing up - too and to. So again? Would/Will you be a big Pence booster on C-D?
As usual, the context is always missed by you guys.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:09 AM

14,771 posts, read 8,101,600 times
You could ask yourself that about anyone....Will it be worth it to charge and try that Pedophile,
or that bank robber....that embezzler....or rapist.....that *********.

Yet we are a nation of laws. If you break any of those laws, you can and should be held liable.
No one should be above the law of the land. Nobody.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
If there was any conspiracy between the Trump camp and Putin's gang, Pence was in the thick of things and knew about it. That could be why he's been laying low for the last couple of months.

A year ago, I predicted that if everything could be proven that was alleged, we would be looking at President Orrin Hatch. I haven't changed my mind on that in the least.
Why?

The most recent Presidential Succession Act (passed in 1947) puts the Speaker of the House (Paul Ryan) ahead of the President pro tempore of the Senate (Orrin Hatch). Retirement vs. non retirement shouldn't enter in to that equation, as both Ryan and Hatch have announced that they are retiring at the end of their terms (in January of 2019).

Do you think that, given the opportunity to become POTUS, that Ryan would still retire and Hatch wouldn't?

Hatch is 84 years old. Ryan is 48.

If both stuck with their decision to retire. We'd be looking at a President Mike Pompeo.

Old 08-26-2018, 07:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
I don’t think a POTUS can be impeached for a crime that occurred before taking office, no?
That is my understanding as well.

Quote:
Seems to me potential obstruction of justice and perjury are Trimp’s greatest exposures to impeachment.
I imagine the Emoluments Clause argument could be trotted out in addition to those two.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
He is a hit and run type poster.
She, not he.

That poster (WaldoKitty) is a woman.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike930 View Post
When the choice is Trump or Hillary, you can’t win. Both were a disaster waiting to happen.
I also didn't want either of them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies