Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 11:40 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I came forward, at age 18.

She's ACTING like she's crying - or on the very verge of crying - but not a bit of actual trembling or a speck of a tear - that's what I'm saying. It comes across to me as an act, an affectation - a lot like her weird speech pattern that sounds like a teenager rather than a competent college professor with several degrees.
So you are not ready to admit that every human being is different in this manner and that millions go off to war.....and some make a life afterwards, yet 10's of thousands kill themselves. All exposed to the same basic thing.........

Maybe a woman like you would have made a good guard at a prison or concentration camp. Not saying you would do anything wrong, but you seem to be somewhat hardened against long-term repercussions of violent events.

Many people are not. Many people would never forget seeing an animal slaughtered for meat - many people do it for a living every day....

I had hands laid upon me by a man (driver) when I was hitch hiking - I was probably 14. I remember it, but since I got right out (he responded to me telling him to pull over).

I was also in a situation where I was locked in a cell with a person who swore they were going to knock me out and rape me (male to male in a JV prison). I will NEVER forget that feeling....it's a "caged animal" feeling and one cannot help but imagine those who didn't get out of said situation (I did)...

BTW, in your opinion - are ALL the Republican women calling up C-Span and on the talk shows right now...taking about their emotion and crying......are they all acting also? Can you give us your opinion on them?

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Ford has provided zero evidence that this happened. Its still only what is in her own mind. She might be acting out a fantasy from one of her classes.
Such a desperate statement.

As this proceeds, Trumplings will become ever more desperate.

Relax. If Kavanaugh caves, there'll be another conservo to take his place.

1,738 posts, read 3,007,483 times
I'm ashamed that Hirono represents Hawaii. She's an embarrassment. I'm sure she'll leave out that she was using this incident for fundraising.

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Crazy Mazie (men should just shut up) is trying to attack the sex-prosecutor lawyer asking Ford questions.

Old 09-27-2018, 11:41 AM

20,757 posts, read 8,576,536 times
The Dems are just grandstanding and have nothing to offer. Maizie Hirono is a bimbo.

20,955 posts, read 8,672,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
Ford says she hid in the bathroom till it was safe. Then she left the party. She doesn't remember who helped her safely get away from the house. Wouldn't that be crucial? She was in a strange neighborhood miles from home.
Thanks Johnny........

I don't remember where I was when that driver laid his hand on my thigh. I can tell you within a couple miles, knowing my usual routes.

9,727 posts, read 9,729,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Yea, but have you listened to Ford's testimony? If the incident happened the way she said, there is no way everyone in that house did not hear it, and there is no way her friend would have not noticed such commotion and the reaction of Ford afterwards, and it not be burned in her head forever.

And in your example, that is just your brother, but would not something be up if every person you identified that was at a party did not recall such party? And even further, stating they never even met a specific person?
.... and if there were only 5 or 6 people in the house and HALF OF THEM left the room for an assault, what were the others doing??

Old 09-27-2018, 11:42 AM

14,834 posts, read 7,412,952 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA4Now View Post
He either was a blackout drinker who has no memory of any of this--hard to believe if one views his yearbook--or he isn't telling the truth.
That may be why Kavanaugh can so strongly deny this. He may legitly not remember it because he was so drunk.

10,800 posts, read 3,593,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
This woman is a mess. She is clearly mentally unstable.
Obviously professors usually are. Good thing that they are in universities, where they don't impact society.

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Whatever happens Republicans are losing some of America. The calls - FROM REPUBLICANS on C-Span are amazing....GOP women (often young) talking about they and their daughters going through the same thing.

The world doesn't change on a dime but something deeper is happening out there...and the Republicans who are trying to dishonor Ford and/or those who make similar claims are going to find their numbers down. Maybe not next week - but eventually.
Yes, you're right, something is happening... democrats are showing themselves to be corrupt liars who complete disregard the rule of law.

The point you fail to acknowledge here is that republicans are merely demanding reasonable evidence that this event took place. That's all. Something... anything... this lady has nothing other than highly questionable witnesses, inconsistent details, and hearsay. Tell me why her word should be believed over Kavanaugh's.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies