Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 03:23 PM

40,951 posts, read 49,150,612 times

Advertisements

Sheila Jackson Lee paying off Fords attorney

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...&v=RnINBt4zUVs

45,676 posts, read 23,990,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I'm of the mind that the committee will vote tomorrow to send the nomination to the full Senate and he will be approved.
I am sure the committee will vote to send the nomination to the full Senate.

I think if it is true that there are 2-3 votes that were always on the fence.....we won't know for sure until next week about the Senate. I think having a few days to gauge public sentiment will speak volumes for those who are on the fence and worried about re-election.

27,624 posts, read 21,113,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
The premise the left is putting forth is that if Kavanaugh ever drank to the point that he blacked out then that proves that he is a rapist. Then they wonder why he is reluctant to answer the question. lol
Kavanaugh is afraid to submit to an investigation and he certainly will never consent to a polygraph. His accuser has consented to both. He is a liar and has lied under oath on multiple occasions and it is now public knowledge.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:24 PM

1,728 posts, read 3,124,558 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Why is Kavanagh so afraid of an investigation? Because he assaulted that woman and he knows it, as does the entire GOP crime syndicate.
Because he knows it's going to open up a can of worms. He is already putting doubts into whether Mark Judge and James Roche would make good witnesses. Typical Trump tactic! I hope more witnesses come forward and put this guy in his place 'cus he certainly doesn't belong in the Supreme Court!

If this guy gets voted through, the GOP will forever be known as the Party of Sexual Enablers & Predators!

988 posts, read 682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pogue Mahone View Post
The premise the left is putting forth is that if Kavanaugh ever drank to the point that he blacked out then that proves that he is a rapist. Then they wonder why he is reluctant to answer the question. lol
Disclaimer: I hate Kavanaugh and wish he would disappear. He's been awful, just awful.

That said, you're absolutely right. The new style of condemnation is, "This is equal to that." That is a crime. You don't have it, but you have this. One proves the other. Get it? Cue the psychologists with explanations of tendencies, and who tells the truth and who doesn't, and so on. It's a big cluster. The new world. Evidence optional.

We need an investigation. The only thing that will prove or disprove what happened, is evidence of what happened.

12,003 posts, read 11,887,312 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
Ford put on a pretty good show, but to me, she looked like she was rehearsed and fake. I can see how some can be tricked by her performance.
She struck me as being sincere, dignified, and well-prepared, though clearly under a lot of stress.

Kavanaugh comes across as just the opposite.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:25 PM

2,418 posts, read 2,034,090 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dannyboy84 View Post
Now I am NOT saying he is guilty or innocent for the matter.

While I do support the #metoo movement I am 100% willing to admit sometimes people confuse clumsy flirting with sexual assault (hint not even remotely close to each other) and while every accuser should be heard they should NOT be taken as 100% truthful and the accused is guilty without any chance or defense. That is not the American way.

Now if I was advising the Judge the first words out of my mouth to him would be to drop the choir boy act.
..........<snip>............

Again I am not declaring the judge innocent or guilty..maybe all he is guilty of clumsy flirting, maybe he got drunk and a little frisky and patted a girl on the butt or even tweaked her boob, is it wrong to grab at a girl like that yes of course, but things would be better for him if he just said "I was an idiot college freshman who may have acted inappropriately and I am sorry that I caused embarrassment" Even say WE were drunk and goofing around or so I thought and if you feel this way I am very sorry(acknowledge the feelings of the accuser would help)...people might be more willing to say eh he was 18 he acknowledges wrong doing lets move on, but this choir boy I have done nothing, watch me pray and give service act, he is making it worse...at least I think so.
Hmmm..perspective I guess, but I do not see the choir boy act. I've been listening, and hearing quite a bit more substantive than a choir boy act.

As far as things being better for him if he just said "I was an idiot college freshman who may have acted inappropriately and I am sorry that I caused embarrassment" .........well, why should he admit to something that is just begging for multiple interpretations? He has already stated, numerous times, that he, like many kids of that era (of all eras) did stupid things that we look back on and cringe. Yep, we sure did, & most people in his age range can relate. And he ALSO stated repeatedly and emphatically, that he NEVER sexually assaulted anyone, or otherwise acted sexually inappropriate or abusive. How much clearer does he need to make that distinction?

Wanting him to conform to someone else's semantics when answering the questions is an example of why lawyers make so much money in the first place; it's why BS smear campaigns morph into the monstrous accusations we are witnessing nonstop.

Old 09-27-2018, 03:26 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,520,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He is afraid of an investigation...why? We all know why.
Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
Let's investigate your mother while we're at it. I heard she had a wild past, and the stuff she did to young boys needs FBI investigation pronto!
if sickie's mom says no, i guess we'll all know why...

24,507 posts, read 33,292,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by luckyram View Post
LOL'ing at dems judging alcohol/blacking out when one of their heroes was good ol' boy Ted Kennedy/ Kennedy clan...and he actually KILLED a woman. Oh, and the patriarch of that family was a racist bootlegger who hobnobbed with gangsters.
Good point. Very good point.

988 posts, read 682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CraigCreek View Post
She struck me as being sincere, dignified, and well-prepared, though clearly under a lot of stress.

Kavanaugh comes across as just the opposite.
She was weak, at best. Fake innocent act.

Until Kavanaugh came along! He is orders of magnitude beyond terrible.

Ford looks pretty good now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies