Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 09:03 PM

4,559 posts, read 1,436,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Clue - most Rs don't care what you do in your bedroom.
Even if its gang rape.

15,713 posts, read 9,523,000 times
Her own words --
Quote:
"I'm aware that there's been several GoFundMe sites," Blasey Ford told Rachel Mitchell, the Arizona prosecutor who was hired to ask questions on behalf of Republican senators. "I haven't had a chance to figure out how to manage those because I've never had one."
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/09/27/gofu...ord-costs.html

10,225 posts, read 7,585,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
My take as a libertarian observer who sees the SCOTUS as against my ideals most of the time. Both Kavanaugh and Ford did a great job. Basically cancelled each other out.

Problem with Ford is she sounds sincere but has absolutely nothing to back up her claim. On top of it the people she said were there have sworn statements contradicting her. So either they are all lying or she is. I have had people of the years very sincerely lie right to my face. So anything is possible.

And they are in my age range. I can't recall everyone I talked to or went on a date with that long ago. She could be confused.

Regarding Graham. Never seen him so animated. The whole russia thing with him sounds silly. Why would russia want the GOP to control the SCOTUS? What would that do for them?
Ah...I see you took Kavanaugh's version of the sworn statements. That is not what they said at all.

This was a party years ago, where several people who knew each other were at. Something happened to Ford at that party, so she remembers it. Nothing happened to the others, so they don't remember the party. It was just one of many parties.

Their statements are that they don't recall the party. As Ford said, there's no reason they should. It was uneventful for them. But not for her.

They did NOT swear that there was no party, or that nothing happened at the party. In fact, one of the witnesses said she believed Ford's account of what had happened to her there.

But Kavanaugh intentionally mislead people as to what the sworn statements were. Those statements and Ford's could, and were, both true.

She wasn't with those people at the party. She didn't tell them that night about what happened. Ford left but doesn't remember how she got home.

She says she is 100% sure it was Kavanaugh, just as sure as it was Feinstein asking her the question. Remember...this is someone assaulting her while on top of her. His face is no doubt inches from hers. She knew who he was. No...she wouldn't be confused about who it was. She was equally sure about Mark Judge, who also jumped on top of her.

I know this seems peculiar to some men. But I can tell you that something happened to me decades ago. It wasn't a party, but a group of people were there. I passed out, and something happened. I distinctly remember certain things, even though it's decades later. I left the next morning, but I don't remember actually leaving or anything after that. I can tell you who it was to this day...his name & what he looked like (although his facial features are fading, now). But I didn't know him before. I did know one of the others there, and I could tell you what he looks like in detail. Anyway...I never told anyone. Ever. Even now, no one knows. This is the most I've ever said about it.

I would not be surprised that the group of people there would not remember it. It was a get together, but not an official party. There's no reason they would remember it. It was just another get together for them. But I remember it. Something happened to me that caused me to remember it.

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Judge Kavanaugh is well-respected judge. Good luck Democrats if he gets confirmed to SCOTUS. Like justice Thomas you'll have created an enemy for decades.
Because we all want SCOTUS justices who are petty and spiteful.

11,011 posts, read 11,024,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Back down from what? Taking a risk that you might be appointing liar and sexual predator to the highest court? Why would you want to take that risk? It just makes no sense.
There is no risk. Just dirty politics that did not work to make Kavanaugh turn tail and run. Frankly, this is the kind of thing that would have been privately investigated by committee investigators and promptly dismissed as either not credible due to lack of evidence or not probable for the same. But no, Dems decided to play dirty politics hoping to sway the gullible.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:04 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,294,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Oh, the other story I was was that she was working for a pharmaceutical firm that made a drug used for abortions-a "morning after pill". And she feared that Kavanaugh would overturn RvW, harming the company. ANY truth to that? Another one of those stories that seems too far fetched to be true.

The other one is that she has a gofundme account and has received a crap-ton of donations already.

Again-I have no reason to think any of these are true-looking for someone that can provide proof-either way.
Apparently she has done some work for pharma companies is deleloping procedures for clinical trials. Her primary focus is clinical psyc.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Christine_Blasey_Ford

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
He's gone full nutbar since John died,
Pretty much.

39,869 posts, read 26,508,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
The real story will be is who is behind the conspiracy. No doubt this woman is a liar IMO. However she did not come up with this herself, and she is not doing this for nothing. Who is paying for all this? Who is pulling the strings behind the scene? They could not find dirt on Kavanaugh so they created some. This couldn’t have been done without paying people off. I hope the republicans are looking for the money on this. If the conspirators can be found they can be prosecuted. At the very least the accuser should be sued for defamation of character.
Where is the proof? If those things are true (not saying they are) the Dems (or whoever initiated this) has attempted to corrupt our Constitutional process for confirming Supreme Court justices. IF so, this is a much bigger deal than some Russians putting memes up on Facebook.

Now, I don't necessarily believe that those things are true. That is the reason for the thread.

3,079 posts, read 1,545,725 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
You don't find it odd that the parents of a 15 year old girl would let her go to a party with seniors with alcohol? Growing up in the era in question-it was where I grew up.
You dont know much about teenage drinking parties do you. Not unusual to have a 15yr old partied with 17yr olds. And why would you think parents even knew what was going on at these parties? They might suspect but this was private school,and the drinking is much worst at private schools than public schools. And many parents dont interfere.

Old 09-27-2018, 09:05 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,809,067 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Even if its gang rape.
I can't say what I think of you right now.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies