Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 10:49 PM

33,325 posts, read 12,491,270 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Cosby was not in politics though. People run night ops missions to bring down school board nominees in Bum*uck, USA. Whole different ballgame.

That's the problem with Ford only coming out now and she admitted it in her statement. Once she saw Kavanaugh was going to be nominated in July she "just had to speak up".

Kavanaugh, who is a monster to her, has held extensive power for decades but somehow it's only a possible spot on the SCOTUS that merits her speaking out.

Ford owes all the litigants who have been impacted by Kavanaugh an apology if she is going to be consistent in her logic.
Re the bolded, we're in the ballpark of being on the same wavelength.

Ford admittedly spends time each year in Delaware with family members and friends who still live in the East.

Those family members and friends are 'plugged in' enough to the DC legal scene that Ford admittedly considered advice from them re attorneys to hire re today's issues.

It's not a stretch at all to be 'plugged in' to that community and the legal community in the Bay Area (where Ford lives)....multiple members of my own family are.

Ford's own husband admitted that his wife expressed concern that Kavanaugh might be nominated for the Supreme Court.

Given all of the above (among other points), if Ford claimed to be unaware of Kavanaugh's nomination to the DC Circuit, I wouldn't believe her....Which, IMO, makes the 'civic duty' claim a crock. Acting on principle re 'civic duty' should apply to the 'second most important court in the land' as well...not 'SCOTUS or nothing'.

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
No, it won't change anything. Republicans will give up the house and the senate in order to get this idiot seated. They can't wait to get a guy on the court who rules for corporations and big money almost 90% of the time. It's a shame that people can't understand that the Federalist boys don't care about the working class, just the elite rich white folk. This isn't about Roe V Wade, that's just a pander to the base, this guy will remove worker protections, allow even more dirty money into politics and let corporations pollute and destroy this nation and Cult 45 will call that 'freedom'
They already have THOSE GUYS on the court
Did you miss Citizen's United
Did you miss the Hobby Lobby case
Have you missed that some deliberate cases of Gerrymandering are not being thwarted by SCOTUS

I don't think with Kennedy being gone there is any semblance that there is a moral center anymore to keep corporations or big money getting the decision they want
This appointment of Kavanaugh is not even really about Roe V Wade--which is a sop to the evangelicals Trump needs--
It is about keeping Trump out of jail--
Kavanaugh is the buffer that Comey wasn't
Kavanaugh is the buffer that Sessions wasn't
Kavanaugh is the one who will keep Mueller from getting to Trump--in Trump's and his WH cabal's opinion
He is Don McGahn's ticket out of the White House still in Trump's good graces...

9,468 posts, read 10,794,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Kavanaugh had to fight back because Trump didn’t like his interview on Fox. But It was just a facade today. And I don’t want a cry baby as a justice. But please tell me how many countless men are going through this without evidence.
Every man knows what a female accuser can do to their job. Often the pointed female finger at you is all that is needed to end your career. Every man knows they could even go to jail if they are accused. This is a war on men, nothing less.

669 posts, read 320,652 times
Wow, looks like a lot of Democrats, Leftists and Liberals here are in full defence mode.

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
That's what these people don't' get. We are watching the public investigation. The FBI already did an investigation. In fact, they did at least 6 on Kavanaugh. Any Senator cold request an FBI investigation. No one is stopping them and they don't need Kavanaugh's permission to do so. Plus, Kavanagh said he would abide by the panels decision to launch an FBI investigation if they decided to do. Reading Allan Dershowitz's collum on FOX news was puzzling to me. All and FBI investigation does is further delay the proceedings for at least 2 weeks which is what Dems want. After that is concluded they will find something else to delay on. It ends here and now. Kav must be confirmed. Enough is enough. At this point, I wouldn't care if VHS tapes were released of the man staring in Multiple S&M snuff films. I want him on the bench. If Dems believed they really had something they would have released this information in July and brought it to Grassley per procedure. I hope DIFI is held accountable for her repugnant actions. Another thing, when is the Liar Blumenthal going to held accountable for the fraud he has perpetrated on his constituents and the country for his lies about being in Vietnam? He brings shame to the Senate and get's a pass. Him holding a Senate seat and sitting in any type of panel is a continuous insult to the American people and deeply hurtful to the men and Woman who served and died in Vietnam.
Give me a break, the Republicans withheld tons of Kavanaugh's documents that were requested, they gave him cover when he lied in the past (under oath) and now they refuse to have the FBI investigate these allegations. And don't give me this "he's been investigated six times" during the Clarence Thomas confirmation hearings they had the FBI investigate the allegations of Anita Hill, he had already been investigated too, remember?

They are determined to push this POS through at all costs but it will be interesting when he has to recuse himself from any cases involving politics since he unloaded on Democrats today and showed his hyper partisanship.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:50 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
What is the point about her politics? Most people have political leanings.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:51 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
I want to know more about Ford's beach friends.

20,758 posts, read 8,562,401 times
Has anyone heard about TWO men who came forward saying they were at that party with Ford but the Dems wouldn't allow them to testify? I heard yesterday about Grassley's timeline mentioning a man who came in (I thought) twice and submitted a written statement. Perhaps that is the cause of confusion. I'd appreciate links.

I'm still looking for that information. If I find it I'll post it.

42,839 posts, read 26,236,305 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
They already have THOSE GUYS on the court
Did you miss Citizen's United
Did you miss the Hobby Lobby case
Have you missed that some deliberate cases of Gerrymandering are not being thwarted by SCOTUS

I don't think with Kennedy being gone there is any semblance that there is a moral center anymore to keep corporations or big money getting the decision they want
This appointment of Kavanaugh is not even really about Roe V Wade--which is a sop to the evangelicals Trump needs--
It is about keeping Trump out of jail--
Kavanaugh is the buffer that Comey wasn't
Kavanaugh is the buffer that Sessions wasn't
Kavanaugh is the one who will keep Mueller from getting to Trump--in Trump's and his WH cabal's opinion
He is Don McGahn's ticket out of the White House still in Trump's good graces...
Bingo! Very well said.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:52 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,512,680 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielj72 View Post
Every man knows what a female accuser can do to their job. Often the pointed female finger at you is all that is needed to end your career. Every man knows they could even go to jail if they are accused. This is a war on men, nothing less.
I don't know if those are considered facts like Toyman was asking for.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies