Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 09:09 AM

25,826 posts, read 20,698,449 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
I wonder if Feinstein had not made this into a political move by waiting until the day of the vote to release this after sitting on it for weeks and weeks if the committee would have been more moved by the left's argument here. It could have been dealt with in private session and Ford never having to be a target of national media. Again, the Dems actions here precluded that. It's shameful what they did. But again, at this juncture, we know the only (and flat out only) information we have about this alleged event is Ford's assertion of who was there. They did receive information from those three people - they all did not recall any such event and in the case of her very good friend, claimed to not have ever met Kavanaugh with or without Ford. What more is there to investigate? What???

Really, it would have been investigated and dispensed with quickly if Feinstein brought it forward when she received the letter which is exactly why she waited. She knew it would reveal nothing. She knew it would go nowhere. So she used it to create a media circus to suck in the gullible. Are you one of the gullible?
I don't believe that Feinstein knew it would amount to "nothing."
I do believe that Feinstein is of a generation that doesn't see sexual assault the same way as do the generations after hers.

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzarama View Post
The ABA didn't withdraw its highest rating of well-qualified for Kavanaugh. The prez of the ABA in consultation with ????? wrote a letter asking for an FBI investigation and delay in the vote. They should stick to a nominee's judicial qualifications and stay away from the politics.
They find him questionable enough to want this investigated. That's hesitation on their part.

89,000 posts, read 44,804,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nhkev View Post
no statute of limitation on sexual assault. the Montgomery police can investigate this crime. and bring charges against the perp if one is developed.
Exactly. But, guess what....? NONE of the accusers have filed a complaint asserting their allegations with the appropriate local authorities. NONE.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:10 AM

34,938 posts, read 36,249,994 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
I would not. I'd rather have his support from a safe distance, away from the cameras.
It would also be very painful for him to have to listen to her recount that in court and be attacked by Kavanaugh.

57,264 posts, read 26,192,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The local/state police? Post the results of the investigations.

What are you people not getting? JURISDICTION MATTERS. Allegations of sexual abuse are under local/state jurisdiction. Only allegations of violations of federal law are under FBI jurisdiction.
Yes I know, is the committee willing to wait while she files charges and performs a complete investigation traveling to MA, CA and CO. They are not looking for a criminal conviction at this point just information to make a decision.

13,648 posts, read 20,773,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The local/state police? Post the results of the investigations.

What are you people not getting? JURISDICTION MATTERS. Allegations of sexual abuse are under local/state jurisdiction. Only allegations of violations of federal law are under FBI jurisdiction.

They understand that full well. It is a tactic. Just keep repeating the same mantra over and over while ignoring the very simple answer. Feign ignorance about Federal vs Local matters. It is a thinly-veiled way of playing dumb.

Once again, I will post this:

Statement from the Montgomery County Police Department Regarding Victim Accusations of Supreme Court Nominee Brett Kavanaugh:
September 28, 2018 - 7:41 am

At this time, the Montgomery County Police Department has not received a request by any alleged victim nor a victim’s attorney to initiate a police report or a criminal investigation regarding Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh.

The Department recognizes that victims of sexual assault may not want to involve law enforcement and/or initiate a criminal investigation, and we respect that position. The Department, however, stands prepared to assist anyone who reports being the victim of a sexual assault.

Typically, in a sexual assault case, the cooperation of the victim or witnesses is necessary. As with any criminal investigation, a determination must be made as to the jurisdiction where the alleged offense occurred and the specific details of the event to establish a potential criminal charge.

Our Department is ready to investigate any claim of sexual assault that is alleged to have occurred within our County.

33 posts, read 14,412 times
Looks like Jeff Flake is going to vote for Kavanaugh. Excellent. Hope that Collins and Murkowski follow suit.

Because, let's be honest, these allegations are a charade. Sexual assaults in boats in Rhode Island, gang rapes all around the school? Come on.

Old 09-28-2018, 09:11 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,588,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
The whole thing is a train wreck, and I would most like to see Kavanaugh withdraw and the President to move on with another nominee. This is not good for the country, and Kavanaugh, if he's truly worthy of the position he seeks, should recognize that.
They would just make something up about the next nominee.

1,718 posts, read 1,055,424 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
In hiding. Death threats.
Oh please. You're telling me that she is going to go through this traumatic experience by herself flying alone when she is deathly afraid of flying and presenting her testimony in a hostile environment alone?

There is something up with her family if they don't care enough to be there with her.

You watch, more actual facts will come out about Ford as time goes on.

Her scrubbed online profile will be found I have no doubt.

200 posts, read 146,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
I think whatever party prevails on the Kavanaugh confirmation will lose in the mid-term elections. Maybe the Republicans shouldn't push so hard here....
The Republicans would demoralize their base by caving in to the Democrats' tactics. They'd be worse off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies