Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 10:42 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,077,935 times

Advertisements

Shut UP that loudmouth, Booker! Ugh! What a self-absorbed loser.

2,830 posts, read 2,503,562 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Can Judge Kavanaugh file a lawsuit for defamation against Dr Ford since she has zero evidence and has damaged his reputation?
I doubt it. Democrats would likely fight back with a massive propaganda campaign... and they would win as most people are gullible enough to buy into it.

Ford's accusation is also practically impossible to prove (perhaps by design), so a lawsuit against her would be difficult.

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I just called MSNBC and CNN ,had to leave a message, but I asked why they are allowing Kavanaugh to get away with this lie'COMMITTING PERJURY'!
That would never meet the standard of perjury by the way. You would have to prove he was willingly not telling the truth, which would be a high bar as the information about his age and about the drinking age, are pretty easy to access, thus it would be hard to prove he was willingly trying to lie about something so easy to verify. So other words, it is just a misspoken statement, which is not perjury.

And this is why you will not even see the most rabid Democrat senator trying to charge him.

3,841 posts, read 1,979,018 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You make an excellent case for why the party of old white men needs to go.
So you agree Broderick could have been telling the truth? And that it is possible she signed an Affidavit under duress because she was intimidated by powerful WHITE MEN? Do you?

Or do you only defend and believe liberal accusers? And only defend and believe liberal white men?

Old 09-28-2018, 10:43 AM

89,018 posts, read 44,824,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Wasn't Booker accused of groping? I guess that is why he is focusing not on the accusation but other things lol.. or he can say "his alleged groping was worse than my alleged groping".
Booker himself ADMITTED to groping. Yes, he admitted to committing sexual assault.

Old 09-28-2018, 10:43 AM

29,486 posts, read 14,650,004 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Mild for the times?

Ford said he and Judge dragged her into the bedroom after she left the upstairs bathroom. That is outside of what was considered "acceptable" even during the wild parties of the 70's - at least any I went to.

That the era was "different" I agree with - which is part of the reason I find the characterizations of Kavanaugh's behavior believable. The setting for what he did sure was real - the setting promoted excess.

But still HE in this incident was extreme - to where Ford thought he might accidentally - her word - smother her, which is the primary source of her trauma.

Kavanaugh comes across as an entitled bully - both in her description and in how he behaved during his testimony.

Great pick for SCOTUS.

Actually I thought she said "I was pushed from behind into the room" Then the door was locked behind her, the same door she quickly ran thru after escaping.....

Old 09-28-2018, 10:44 AM

19,635 posts, read 12,226,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post
Fine, but what Ford described was not a sexual assault, it was physical assault. Laying on top of her and placing his hand on her mouth, that's not sexual. What Cory Booker admits to, repeatedly forcing his hand under the bra of a drunk teenage girl, that is sexual assault.
He was trying to pull her clothes off but had difficulty because she had a one piece bathing suit under her clothing. Thus his hand was under her outer clothing. It of course is sexual assault.

1,991 posts, read 900,502 times
Very misleading title to this post. Broderick didn't crash the hearing, she was outside of the Senate building at the time the hearing was going on. And the "media" consisted of the one reporter who she talked with. As others have pointed out, she recanted her accusation and has now changed her mind again. Unlike Ford, she is not very credible.

12,039 posts, read 6,570,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Can Corey Booker shut up already?
Hey, he’s Spartacus — what would you expect?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

8,312 posts, read 3,927,691 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EveryLady View Post
Mild for the times?

Ford said he and Judge dragged her into the bedroom after she left the upstairs bathroom. That is outside of what was considered "acceptable" even during the wild parties of the 70's - at least any I went to.

That the era was "different" I agree with - which is part of the reason I find the characterizations of Kavanaugh's behavior believable. The setting for what he did sure was real - the setting promoted excess.

But still HE in this incident was extreme - to where Ford thought he might accidentally - her word - smother her, which is the primary source of her trauma.

Kavanaugh comes across as an entitled bully - both in her description and in how he behaved during his testimony.

Great pick for SCOTUS.
You are being sarcastic, but you have to understand that Trump chose him for this very reason. They are kindred spirits. And there are plenty of Republican men that consider this "boys will be boys" behavior to be perfectly acceptable.
Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies