Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 02:05 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,989,726 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
How do you know this? How do all you Kavanaugh supporters know he's innocent? How do you know Ford is lying? How do you know she is being paid for her testimony? How do you know Ford has some political motivation to ruin Kavanaugh? Where did the Republicans get their miraculous crystal balls from? I would love to have one of those. You guys have it all figured out already
I believe he's innocent of this because I have been through an investigation like he went through before back when I was in Intel in the military. His first investigation in 1993 covered this time frame and would have revealed anything at that time if this was even remotely true. Thus, I have confidence in the FBI's background investigators (they are very good) and believe them. Kavanaugh's testimony, for me, was for lack of a better word, icing on the cake in believing him.

12,003 posts, read 11,843,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
How do you know this? How do all you Kavanaugh supporters know he's innocent? How do you know Ford is lying? How do you know she is being paid for her testimony? How do you know Ford has some political motivation to ruin Kavanaugh? Where did the Republicans get their miraculous crystal balls from? I would love to have one of those. You guys have it all figured out already
Oh, but there was that mysterious passing of the mysterious envelope, right out in public and on TV, don't you know! Shameless!

8,131 posts, read 4,304,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Jeff Flake is no McCain. McCain had class, Flake is trash. He is only proposing a pause but it has to be voted on the Senate floor and it wont happen, we all know that. Too much Republicans who think we need a conservative on the court at all costs, even Flake.

True! McCain did the right thing! Flake is doing what Donald Trump wants. Flake is all about camera time, that's all.

9,310 posts, read 16,615,538 times
It is sad that families and reputations have been destroyed without credible facts or evidence. Although many spoke of her "compelling strength in coming forward" and the courage she displayed in testifying, I personally found her testimony to have many inconsistencies and replied that she didn't know or was unaware. IMO she was a drama queen without merit.

Four people who she named as witnesses deny any knowledge. She can't remember where it took place or when. I have no doubt she suffered some kind of trauma but without some collaboration I don't see how she remembers who it was.

Since it is not a criminal investigation they can't bring charges against her but it is possible Kavanaugh might file a civil suit for some charge.

8,439 posts, read 4,490,419 times
McConnell does not have the votes at this time. Finally will call for the FBI investigation that should already have been done. In the end, the heavy handed tactics of the GOP have bit them in the behind as they are now responsible for the delay in a final vote.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:06 PM

24,204 posts, read 19,103,653 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
That's quite possibly the weakest argument I've heard yet. Really, he claimed and it seemed even from your own information provided here that seniors who were already 18 were legal to drink. And really, underage drinking? This is your big thing to go after him for? Here I thought the left had sunk as low as possible. You keep lowering your standard each and every time.
No, not underage drinking.

LYING. TO. CONGRESS. UNDER. OATH.

If your standards are so low that you think that's ok, then your citizenship should be revoked.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:06 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,800,954 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
explain what could possibly serve as 'absolute concrete proof' he did it..

this should be fun.
Honestly nothing will be "absolute concrete proof." Many people are taking alibis and a calendar as fact. Anyone who has watched Law & Order, Matlock, etc. or any number of documentaries of trials know that these aren't. Concrete proof will not be accepted by the Republicans, conservatives or Trump supporters who want Kavanaugh without prejudice.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:07 PM

11,011 posts, read 10,989,726 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
He was seventeen at the time and illegally drinking and thus lied to the panel. It's not the drinking under age, it's the lying under oath...Jeeeez
He testified he drank beers at age 17 which was underage. He said the seniors who were already 18 bought the beers. What part is he lying about exactly?

Old 09-28-2018, 02:07 PM

7,264 posts, read 4,187,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bridgerider View Post
That's a point I wish Ford supporters would respond to. I have to keep up with this thread on work breaks, so I hope I haven't missed someone's comment to that.

I also wish Ford supporters would comment on the very real possibility that Ford (and DiFi) allowed other women to be placed at risk by not coming forward sooner - IF Kavanaugh is guilty of these accusations. If they REALLY cared about the safety of women, they would have "exposed" Kav sooner. The fact that they did not......100% politically motivated and ZERO % wanting actual justice.

Ford is the left's political puppet, she's clearly been traumatized by events in her youth and I would bet this incident was not the only time. I don't think Kavanaugh is the one who did this to her, but DiFi ran with it & has left Ford even more traumatized. DiFi should be charged with pyschological abuse of someone not wholly in control of her faculties.
Yet DiFi denies that she did it for political purposes. Absolute liar she is. Disgusting politician.

Old 09-28-2018, 02:08 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,242,914 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
No, not underage drinking.

LYING. TO. CONGRESS. UNDER. OATH.

If your standards are so low that you think that's ok, then your citizenship should be revoked.

So the FBI should investigate Ford's claim which should be done quick......or how many beers Kavanaugh drank in 1982?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies