Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 04:02 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
Sorry

I just posted with references that Ford wants no limits placed on FBI.
So what.

21,932 posts, read 9,498,367 times
MEME of the day: "President Trump should nominate Hillary Clinton to the SCOTUS so the FBI can finally get an investigation of her started".

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The audacity to expect Kavanaugh to want to clear his name. Just wow! Do you not realize that there even Republican governors that are insisting upon an investigation?
I'm thinking it doesn't even get to the end of next week. This weekend there will be all the Sunday news shows that will replay clips of Ford looking credible, and Kavanaugh looking wild and angry, and public opinion is going to turn even further against Kavanaugh. By this time next week the GOP will have pulled this nomination as a lost cause.

2,083 posts, read 1,087,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Are you going to ask when the last time I beat my child was next? Look, the whole process is being derailed. It's ridiculous. There is a point where one has to say enough is enough. Obviously, this one week thing is going forward but it's not going to reveal new information. Period. I would have more respect for you and others like you if you were just honest and said you're hoping the Democrats can continue to play dirty politics so they can delay this to the midterms.

I agree, just more stalling. Once this FBI investigation is over they still won’t be satisfied and will demand something else and will keep demanding until enough time has lapsed so as not to confirm. That is the entire goal here.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:03 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
The FBI has already notified the Senate Judiciary Committee that the allegations aren't under their jurisdiction. You wanting it to be otherwise doesn't make it so.

Where the Hell do you come up with that ? What do you think the FBI does ? There was an allegation a guy I worked with was a possible terrorist...….guess who visited us one day at work , and who interviewed him extensively ? That is what they do.

You have been listening to Kavanaugh way too much.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:04 PM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
MEME of the day: "President Trump should nominate Hillary Clinton to the SCOTUS so the FBI can finally get an investigation of her started".
LOL, that's the best one I've seen all day!

5,277 posts, read 2,799,876 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
So in other words, we got nothing, but we will be happy if you take several weeks to find out that there is nothing to investigate..
If the great leader had started the process according to the way things were done in the past the FBI investigation would already have been well along.

3,072 posts, read 1,301,229 times
Quote:
The audacity to expect Kavanaugh to want to clear his name. Just wow! Do you not realize that there even Republican governors that are insisting on an investigation?
3 of those 4 are in blue states in election danger. That’s not surprising they’d say that

6,933 posts, read 2,390,326 times
Quote:
The audacity to expect Kavanaugh to want to clear his name. Just wow! Do you not realize that there even Republican governors that are insisting on an investigation?
Do you comprehend that Senator DIFI had a private meeting with Kavanaugh; face to face; eye to eye, and didn't mention the letter from Ford? That happened. The FBI should include that in their investigation.

Old 09-28-2018, 04:06 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,340,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berdee View Post
That is true. Her therapy notes were not turned over either.

At this point it's hard to know if BK assaulted her, if it was someone else that did it (like the two mystery men), if it were her father who had done it, or, if it had actually happened at all.

I remember about a couple of decades ago it was all the rage for people to seek therapy, or hypnosis, to discover if they had been sexually assaulted and who had done it. Like her, these people had no memory of it until they had sought therapy/hypnosis. Often they discovered during those sessions that they had been assaulted and it was usually a parent or a family member who had done the assault. After a large spate of people pointing the sexual assault finger at a family member, or other, it was discovered that people who were going through those therapy/hypnosis sessions were highly suggestible and were implanted with false memories of sexual assault. I'm not saying that is what happened with Ford, it is a possibility though.

Which leads me to wonder why her family, when she needs them the most, are absolutely silent? They are neither condemning her or supporting her .. why not? Could it be that when she first started to 'remember', that she had thought it was her father, who she may have accused behind closed doors, which caused a rift between her and her family, which is why her family is completely silent?

https://nypost.com/2018/09/25/eight-...y-fords-story/

Maybe, after accusing her father and being rejected by her family because of it, and feeling ashamed that she'd accused him in the first place, she tried to put someone else's name and face to who it may have been, and BK was just handy. Either a false memory or it could have been someone else may be why her story seems to change so often and is why it isn't being backed up by 'anyone'. (it could also be why she's trying to look, act and sound like 'daddy's little girl')

We don't know squat about any of this - who actually assaulted her or even if she was. Before we believe anyone we need proof. Why people are comfortable in condemning someone without proof is beyond believable.
Most of these cases of "recovered memories" involved abuse of then very young children by, like you say, family members. There was a case where it was later determined that social workers had inadvertently implanted memories to suggestible kids with day care workers wrongly convicted. Too, most of the false memories among adults involved family members (building, I suppose, on troubled familial relationships). Her therapy was in 2012 - that a therapist decided to preprogram her against Kavanaugh at that time is a bit incredible.

Ford was 15 yo at the time of the assault. Turns out that she knew Kavanaugh - certainly well enough to identify him at the time. Both had swum at the Colombia Country Club. No one has come forward (to my knowledge) to allege that she has some sort of grudge against him.

It IS uncomfortable to "condemn" someone without substantive proof but the reality is that there has to be a vote. Anyone going on to the Supreme Court (a lifetime appointment) needs to be beyond reproach. Ford is not an uncredible witness. Even Trump acknowledged that - although he continues to formally support Kavanaugh.

Last edited by EveryLady; 09-28-2018 at 04:14 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies