Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2018, 06:11 PM

5,888 posts, read 3,224,058 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hitpausebutton2 View Post
Seems i cant walk away from this talk at the office and only catching part of the conversation and one side news on tv.. So forgive me.. can somebody dumb down this info and what does it have to do with his nomination? Is it over stuff that happen decades ago and no proof..?
The left is afraid of losing their ability to advance a radical social agenda through the courts, and so are fighting all of Trump's nominees (Resist!).

That's all it really is. Trump pledged to only appoint justices who will apply the Constitution as written and intended, and not make law and invent new "rights" from the bench.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:12 PM

3,327 posts, read 1,961,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
Kavenaugh may very well also be disbarred while he is taken to crimnal court by Avenottii.

Trump has found his cellmate alright. He s a gem.
Goddam bring it you silly dorks! Avenotti? He will swallow a gun.

Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 25 days ago)

27,640 posts, read 16,125,463 times
Question (video) What did Sheila jackson lee hand to Fords lawyer on the down low?

give us your best. Whats goin on here?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=uymHXzKBxVg

6,416 posts, read 8,276,539 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AfriqueNY View Post
My God. Can't Trump get anything right?????? He can't even get his own handpicked "yesman" judge confirmed without screwing it up and getting the FBI involved. As a person on the left I am starting to feel sorry for the Trumpistas and right wingers. It shouldn't be so hard to get what you want when you run the whole gov.
All it really takes is ONE person to have a spine, and then the GOP mob isn't as dark and scary as they pretend to be.

We will see how it all plays out, but Flake's conscious may very well prevent total tyranny in America.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:13 PM

18,983 posts, read 9,072,175 times
Quote:
My God. Can't Trump get anything right?????? He can't even get his own handpicked "yesman" judge confirmed without screwing it up and getting the FBI involved. As a person on the left I am starting to feel sorry for the Trumpistas and right wingers. It shouldn't be so hard to get what you want when you run the whole gov.
The most unintelligent, incompetent buffoon is at the helm, and the entire Republican party has turned into his boot lickers. And you question why everything is going to ****? It would be more surprising if things were running smoothly.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:13 PM

18,432 posts, read 8,268,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Exactly. He came out whining about Hillary Clinton, for God's sake, as if she had something to do with this. He proved he won't even pretend to approach things without bias. That, to me, disqualified him right off the bat. His combative demeanor and his refusal to answer questions following that sealed the deal.
so you know nothing about Kavanaugh's involvement with Bill Clinton's impeachment?

..look it up...the Clinton's are totally pissed at Kavanaugh

Old 09-28-2018, 06:14 PM

8,497 posts, read 3,339,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Because he's lawyer and not stupid. Any lawyer worth their salt is not going to ask to be investigated period. Just like any private citizen who is suddenly accused of a crime is a moron if they believe the cops when they say 'asking for a lawyer makes you look guilty.' Screw that, I'd be calling the lawyer first thing and keeping my mouth shut. Anyone who isn't a moron would do the same.

Again with the Gorsuch thing. Didn't we already go over this? Again, Gorsuch didn't change the composition of the court. Kavanaugh does. Have you not realized yet that no matter who was nominated, this same circus would have happened? Because that's the way Democrats play politics. They like it dirty and they've shown the world just how dirty.
Well, then Trump has the opportunity to withdraw the Kavanaugh nomination and renominate another judge who will both change the composition of the Court and not come with Kavanaugh's baggage.

Is the problem the upcoming midterms and concern the Senate may change hands, forcing the nomination of a more centrist judge?

No argument that the Democrats are playing politics but then are not the Republicans also. And frankly, if you think Kavanaugh flawed (as I do) the Democratic endgame may be more palatable.

One way or another a SCOTUS without accompanying the cloud - be it a far-right conservative in the end or someone more moderate.

If you think the chances are high that Kavanaugh is problematic (again, as do I) - then he brought this ALL on himself - dragging in both his family and possibly causing the Republicans to lose the chance for that far right candidate.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:14 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,022,030 times
Quote:
This, this right here is the single worst deflection for the Democrat’s dirty tactics I’ve seen to date. And man, I’ve seen some doozies so that’s not exactly a good reflection upon you.

Old 09-28-2018, 06:15 PM

34,278 posts, read 19,365,659 times
lunch menu for the public areas?
Schedule?

etc etc. Who cares?

Old 09-28-2018, 06:15 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,380,409 times
Quote:
Interesting how you people see the world. While there is success after success, you only see Democrat schemes and obstruction and somehow think that is Trump's fault? A symptom of TDS.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies