Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 01:10 AM

14,776 posts, read 8,109,336 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by katygirl68 View Post
Even if they were completely impaired and a minor? And never did it again in over 30 years in his career? Are we to now go into the juvenile records of all people who work for the government?

Yes, even if they were a minor (although he was a Senior at the time and seventeen...some people are tried as an adult for certain crimes at that age.)

Certain things should be disqualifying in my opinion, sexual assault and attempted rape, most definitely.

Never did it again?

Several other women are claiming similar stories. That should be looked into.

Of course, it should not apply to all people who work for the Government...but this is not just any job, it's a lifetime appointment
and the people on the Supreme Court shape the law of the country for years/generations to come.

Old 09-29-2018, 01:14 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,523,760 times
I wonder if any of her students have tapes of her lectures with what her true voice sounds like....not the fake little girl voice she used at hearing.

Old 09-29-2018, 01:14 AM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazee Cat Lady View Post
Yes, even if they were a minor (although he was a Senior at the time and seventeen...some people are tried as an adult for certain crimes at that age.)

Certain things should be disqualifying in my opinion, sexual assault and attempted rape, most definitely.

Of course, it should not apply to all people who work for the Government...but this is not just any job, it's a lifetime appointment
and the people on the Supreme Court shape the law of the country for years/generations to come.
It is also on top of the fact that there is proof he has lied multiple times under oath to the Senate

Old 09-29-2018, 01:16 AM

23,583 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
No one asked her that question but if someone had they might have been going for was she luring or tempting one of the boys to follow her, which I do not believe was the case and it would not be an excuse for an assault in any case. Also, was she directed to the bathroom upstairs for the purpose of getting her alone. Those are the things that crossed my mind when you introduced the question. I get the vibe that she was a very low key kind of kid and not very worldly. At fifteen I was a force to be reckoned with and if a guy got rough with me he would be one sorry SOB when all was said and done especially if he had restrained me as that would freak anyone out, but I knew girls that were timid and would be too bent out of shape and ashamed to tell anyone if they had been thru such a frightening experience.
I thought it was a pertinent question and don't know why it wasn't asked. Like you mentioned, she could have done it as a lure or temptation, or, he or one of the guys could have directed her up there ... the answer could make a difference. Of course it could have been as simple as the downstairs one was busy or there was no bathroom downstairs, etc.

Old 09-29-2018, 01:17 AM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:

Never did it again?

Several other women are claiming similar stories. That should be looked into.

Two others are claiming similar stories, but they are highly un-credible. The New York Times called many people who were at Yale at the time and couldn't find a single person who corroborated that story of Ramirez. They passed and The New Yorker picked it up.

And Swetnick is obviously lying. Parties with drugging and gang raping the girls, and she went to ten of them?
And conveniently, the only two people she named from those parties were the names in the news.

Old 09-29-2018, 01:47 AM

2,362 posts, read 777,947 times
Quote:
Are you insinuating that he didn't black out just because you haven't blacked out, when drunk?
If Kavanaugh says he didn't black out, I'll believe him. Why do you doubt him? So far the logic is he's been drunk and "I've blacked out when drunk" so he must be lying.

Old 09-29-2018, 02:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NomadicDrifter View Post
If Kavanaugh says he didn't black out, I'll believe him. Why do you doubt him? So far the logic is he's been drunk and "I've blacked out when drunk" so he must be lying.

Why do I doubt him? You do know that it has been reported that he has lied and committed perjury already? I have to take this into consideration...plus the statements of some of his friends about how he would get so drunk that he would black out at times.(See below)

https://www.theatlantic.com/politics...nt-him/565304/

https://www.newsweek.com/brett-kavan...ocrats-1112583

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/...-hearings.html

Quote:
Another former classmate, Dr. Elizabeth Swisher, now a gynecologic oncologist in Seattle, said it would be “a lie” to say that he “never had a blackout” from drinking in college.

“I saw him very drunk many times and there is no way he remembers everything about every night,” she said....

Mr. Judge wrote a memoir of his own experiences with alcohol while at Georgetown Prep, “Wasted: Tales of a Gen X Drunk,” in which he described an environment of binge drinking and blackouts. The book refers to a “Bart O’Kavanaugh” who “puked in someone’s car” and “passed out on his way back from a party.” Mr. Judge did not respond to requests for comment.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/26/u...gh-school.html

Old 09-29-2018, 02:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
It is also on top of the fact that there is proof he has lied multiple times under oath to the Senate

Yeah that....

Old 09-29-2018, 02:40 AM

23,583 posts, read 12,535,636 times
Quote:
Why do I doubt him? You do know that it has been reported that he has lied and committed perjury already? I have to take this into consideration...plus the statements of some of his friends about how he would get so drunk that he would black out at times.(See below)
Quote:
Another former classmate, Dr. Elizabeth Swisher, now a gynecologic oncologist in Seattle, said it would be “a lie” to say that he “never had a blackout” from drinking in college.

“I saw him very drunk many times and there is no way he remembers everything about every night,” she said....
"there is no way he remembers" .. that is strictly her opinion and a guess at that. She did not actually say he 'blacked out'.

Quote:
Mr. Judge wrote a memoir of his own experiences with alcohol while at Georgetown Prep, “Wasted: Tales of a Gen X Drunk,” in which he described an environment of binge drinking and blackouts. The book refers to a “Bart O’Kavanaugh” who “puked in someone’s car” and “passed out on his way back from a party.” Mr. Judge did not respond to requests for comment.
Passed out and blacked out are two different things.

Per Dr. Sanjay Gupta...

Quote:
Truth is: When it comes to alcohol and memory, people assume a lot of things – and a lot of those assumptions are wrong.
Quote:
Now, there is a thing known as “blackout drunk.” That is not the same as “passed out drunk.” Someone who is blacked-out drunk may still be talking and walking. But they might be totally amnestic to the event, meaning they have no memory of it.

The biggest culprit is not necessarily how much you drank, but how quickly they drank it – the binge drinker.
https://kbzk.com/world-national-tren...ffects-memory/

Old 09-29-2018, 02:52 AM

29,218 posts, read 22,365,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
..........to investigate a Supreme Court nominee but he says they are crooked when investigating a lying cheating President,please explain it ...someone?
No.
Trump does not trust the FBI in any way, shape or form. But it's there, he can't get rid of it, and it won't go away.

So about all he can do is deny the FBI's existence bothers him. And he can refuse to put the FBI to work doing what it was created to do; investigate.

The Senate doesn't have the power of direct request. They have to to to the Attorney General and request an investigation. President Trump has the power.

He just refused to use it on Kavanaugh for reasons of his own. Or he may not have known he had the power, as Trump don't know squat about the government. But for all we know, Rod Rosenstein may have clued him in when they had their extended meeting last Monday.

Just because he hasn't doesn't mean he won't.

We'll see, we'll see ( a Trump quotation.)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies