Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 09:45 AM

14,483 posts, read 11,282,562 times

Advertisements

This is not a good optic on many levels.

https://www.gofundme.com/help-christine-blasey-ford

She had better give it to charity!

Last edited by Mr. Joshua; 09-29-2018 at 10:05 AM..

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Have you ever had an SF86 investigation?

I've been through 3....you?
You keep refusing to answer my question. For what reason were you under 3 background checks from the FBI? Were you a nominee for the SC?

37,315 posts, read 59,869,570 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So now Kavanaugh's comments about this being retaliatory regarding the Clintons makes more sense, considering that the Clintons' retaliatory behaviors are common knowledge.
And what have the Clintons done to Kavanaugh in all the years since he was involved in the Ken Starr/Clinton impeachment event?
Did they keep him from getting multiple jobs in the WH?
From getting a job with a pretty prestigious law firm between those jobs??
Did they keep him from being appointed to the DC Court of Appeals??
Did they send in false accusations at these prior committee hearings???
The Clintons have done NOTHING to Kavanaugh--and he knows it--

The fact that Kavanaugh called the Clintons into his testimony was a play/homage to Trump---
He wasn't playing to anyone else except Trump and his supporters who believe in the "Deep State" conspiracy...

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
OMG--back to a Hillary conspiracy theory. It's like the revolving door that never shuts. . .

And it's not at all unusual--how many times does this have to be said?--for sexual assault victims to wait decades to tell their story. You know why? Because they know that they will not be believed and will be called all kinds of horrible names, even by some other women. So they stay silent. And given the right-wing attack on Ford--the GOP are now even trying to gaslight her--those women are absolutely right.
And she still would have never have made it public. I can absolutely understand why watching the guy that did what she alleges Kavanaugh did to her ascend to such a prestigious and important position would be way too much for her to bear without revealing what happened. Yes, that Clinton conspiracy crap ad nauseam is the true derangement syndrome.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:46 AM

2,102 posts, read 1,004,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
Oh no: another scary woman from that METOO thing!

Not nearly as scary as this dude, though:
I'll raise you with a Crazy Maxy meme

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
I do too, but do not believe that it was Kavanaugh.

FWIW: I gotta go back to a father-figure to have made such a lasting trauma on her sexual well-being. However, if no one is going to breach this sanctuary of her mental health history, we will never know the truth.
Where are her parents and her brothers in all this? They are completely silent.

46,281 posts, read 27,099,738 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
There is no universe in which Kavanaugh belongs on the Supreme Court.

When he's not blubbering, he's belligerent.

He "misrepresents" things. The letters only state they can't remember, not that it didn't happen. And straight out lies. Devil's Triangle is not a drinking game.

In a job interview for being a Justice on the highest court in the nation, he blurts out conspiracy tales, makes clear that he is in the bag for Republicans, and repeatedly proclaims he likes beer.

Plus, if he was actually innocent, he'd be the one calling for that FBI investigation.

It's up to her, not him and it's happening....

Games have many different names, even from the west coast to the east coast....

2,908 posts, read 3,873,444 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
So now Kavanaugh's comments about this being retaliatory regarding the Clintons makes more sense, considering that the Clintons' retaliatory behaviors are common knowledge.

Hilarious that in one post she calls the Clinton conspiracy theory crazy and then lays it out in the next. Can't make this up.

Old 09-29-2018, 09:47 AM

13,284 posts, read 8,455,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lottamoxie View Post
Kavenaugh is interviewing for an extremely important and powerful judicial position -- the highest court in the country. Everyone should want candidates thoroughly vetted. Everyone should want any candidate's character assessed. Any claims of improper behavior should be investigated.

I don't care what political party people are members of. The highest court demands (or should) those who are appointed to serve on it for the rest of their working lives to be NON-partisan, to be rational, cogent, comport themselves and interpret the constitution, not be someone's political hack. Character does matter even if you think it shouldn't. The person who ranted, raved, shouted, emoted, lectured and obfuscated from answering what should be simple yes or no questions, demonstrated a temperament that does not match the qualities of a SCOTUS justice. Sorry, but he didn't.

Is he an alcoholic? I don't know, it's possible. He certainly has a history of drinking and he really really really likes his beer. But maybe he's not an alcoholic. Do you all care if a justice on the SCOTUS has a drinking problem? Is that the best candidate for the job? This is a job. How many of you have gone on a job interview or gone through a multi-phase recruiting process comprised of several interviews with lots of different people? I have. Rigorous ones. Did you guys rant, rave and lecture the people interviewing you?
Here let me help you. Not one interviewer EVER tried to publicly castrate me and call me a drunk. Which these 'senators' gleefully fell in line to do. Not one potential employer unjustly conjured up a false allegation and ran with it.

I cannot rep a poster here enough with the keeness of keeping it together in a sea of blind ignorance. Southbel...you truly have influenced my willingness to reconsider.... And I am free at last to consider that the republican party is a bit more in line with what I want this nation to transition towards. (Minus the nra bs).

I still think trump is beyond unfit to lead this nation...luckily we the people are more then his rhetoric.he actually chose a supreme court nominee I am 100% sure to support.

I did sit thru the painful testimony of Ford...and I could not at any point have a light bulb moment that she was credible. I have sat in therapy groups...the 'tells' are there. Each in their way...I got zero ...nada ... nothing that evoked a sense of 'poor dear!'. Or even 'could it in another dimension be truth filled'. ? Yet there she sat... glorified and treated like a fragile kid.

To those who are soooo cynical or daring to find any compassion for an innocent judge...who by the way...I'd welcome him to my home ...congratulate him for his passionate ability to stand up to some of the less then deserving senators.
Yes he is far more genuine ..beset with all the components that make him worthy of a supreme court member.

He won't get the position though ...and it won't be for guilt ...it will be because flake is as his name implies...and the female senators already convicted kav..long before he ever walked into that hearing....
I am so utterly ashamed of my gender and of a democat party that my grandad once chaired in my area. He would not have tolerated this breed of democrats.

I absolutely detest that my working dollar goes to any of these senators....

Old 09-29-2018, 09:47 AM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It was obvious to her that Ford is politically motivated."

All one has to do is look at who her lawyers are.

The woman lawyers has DEEP ties to hillary.

Being we have Kavenaugh's high school year book we should see Ford's.
Not to mention her lawyer's were recommended to her by Diane Feinstein.

Seems a bit of conflict of interest to have someone on the committee recommending her lawyers.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies