Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 12:16 PM

3,346 posts, read 1,268,641 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheMoreYouKnow View Post
He behaved a lot more calmly and reserved than I would have if I were being accused of something I didn't do. Would you prefer he just sit there and let a room of liberals destroy his name and his family without showing any emotion or saying anything?
He’s an ok actor. I wouldn’t quit his day job though.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:18 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
He's not in a court of law. He's in a room full of left wing liars who are doing everything they can to destroy his reputation for political purposes. If that were a court of law that woman would have been laughed out the door.
No. She would have been allowed to testify. That’s how courts operate.

This man is a partisan nut job. He has NO business on the SCOTUS.

He really should run for Congress. He’d fit right in.

2,102 posts, read 1,004,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Because no alleged victim came forward.
No, because the GOP did not play the ugly, vile, disgusting, life-destroying, smear campaign that the Dems are doing today!

9,884 posts, read 10,974,080 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
"The disclosure by Montgomery County Police Chief J. Thomas Manger and Montgomery County State’s Attorney John McCarthy came Friday, the same day that President Trump ordered the FBI to conduct a limited "supplemental" investigation.

But Manger and McCarthy noted that prosecution was unlikely in Maryland because authorities would have to apply the law that existed at the time of the offense, not the law that exists now, Baltimore's FOX 45 News reported.

“For example, in 1982, assault and attempted rape were both misdemeanors and subject to a one-year statute of limitations,” they wrote."

That is the Montgomery County Police Chief stating this.

Please get your facts straight.

I am reposting this in hopes that more people will read and understand it. No matter what the FBI finds, no charges can be filed, except for perjury.

27,624 posts, read 21,123,156 times
Quote:
He's not in a court of law. He's in a room full of left wing liars who are doing everything they can to destroy his reputation for political purposes. If that were a court of law that woman would have been laughed out the door.
He was at a job interview and he would be the one out the door at any other venue.
Quote:
Klobuchar: “You’re saying there’s never been a case where you drank so much that you didn’t remember what happened the night before or part of what happened?”

Kavanaugh: “If you’re asking about blackout, I don’t know—have you?”

Klobuchar: “Could you answer the question, judge? ... So, that’s not what happened, is that your answer?”

Kavanaugh: “Yeah, and I’m curious if you have.”

Klobuchar: “I have no drinking problem, judge.”

Kavanaugh: “Nor do I.”

In the course of their conversation, Klobuchar had mentioned that her father battles alcoholism; he still attends AA meetings, she said. Because of that, Kavanaugh, perhaps because he felt bad or perhaps because he’d received some good advice, later apologized for his comments; she tersely accepted. What’s notable in the exchange, though, isn’t simply the I’m-rubber-you’re-glue defense, articulated by a person seeking a seat on a body that claims to value dispassionate reason above all; it’s also how deeply personally Kavanaugh takes Klobuchar’s question in the first place. Her query, after all— given Ford’s long-standing claim that Kavanaugh had been “stumbling drunk” when the alleged attack occurred, and given Kavanaugh’s insistence that he recalls no such attack—was extremely predictable. Kavanaugh, however, was unable to treat her question, which of course he could have denied outright, as a simple matter of fact. He interpreted it, instead, it seems, as an extension of the smear campaign that he claims is currently being leveled against him: the “revenge on behalf of the Clintons” he laid out in his opening statement. The vast left-wing conspiracy that somehow eluded Neil Gorsuch but has settled its cruelties on the house of Kavanaugh.

https://www.theatlantic.com/entertai...inking/571435/

18,447 posts, read 8,272,093 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Prisons are full of people now, many have been in and released, adults complain about kids a lot, but many adults do not really behave either.
But the liberals will be the first to tell you that hardened criminals have been rehabilitated and deserve release....often after one or two years

...but a conservative judge that did something 35 years ago...has not changed one bit

14,888 posts, read 10,033,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I’m not “the left.” I’m an individual.

Of course I CARE who is telling the truth, but since there’s no trial here, it’s between them.

And, yes, it’s understandable to be upset, but he was essentially in a job interview flipping out.

If he despises half the interview committee and treats them disrespectfully, he’s going to make a lousy employee.
I guess we'll just have to wait and see about that, many of us believe he'll do great.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:19 PM

10,379 posts, read 10,661,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuilterChick View Post
The only 15 yr. old girls who go to college boys' house parties are the 'easy' girls looking for older guys, especially those from wealthy families. She had to be driven there and back by someone, most likely another girl old enough to drive. Or they walked? hmmmm.

She can't be much of a 'doctor', Ph.D., or whatever, to be dumb enough to make a spectacle of herself; to put on that phony 'well coached' wimpering simpering little girl voice, and lie like a rug. Poor thing is so afraid of flying, she's been flying anywhere and everywhere for her whole life.

Her sleazy lawyers will be the beneficiaries of her "Go Fund Me" account, approaching $600,000 as we speak.

Bottom line: she had no shame then, and has no shame now.
You really haven't followed this very closely. Kavanaugh and Judge were both 17 years old at the time; it was the summer before their senior year of high school.

I thought her performance was "different," but nothing led me to believe it was phony or well coached.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Minded View Post
Exactly.

The FBI investigation is going to blow up in the Dems face when they come back with information showing all the inconsistencies with Fords testimony vs the interviews they will have with her, her husband, acquaintances, etc.

She will be exposed as a fraud.
It sure doesn't seem that way. It appears there is a ton of information that could come out regarding Kavanaugh's high school, undergrad years at Yale, and law school at Yale. How many lies inder oath will it take to say 1-2 senators.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
Would love to find one of her lectures online to hear her normal voice but unfortunately, they have all been scrubbed prior to the bombshell dropping. Notice how every Trump hater believes this woman despite absolutely no corroborating evidence or even details about this incident.

I can only hope these Trump haters (because basically that's what this is about) aren't male or have a male loved one be faced with a similar experience. It's impossible to prove innocence when you aren't even informed of details you can prove false. Whatever happened to presumption of innocence???
You actually think she faked her voice for her testimony?

I agree about the potential for false accusations. It is a real problem. This accusation won't stop his nomination. What might stop his nomination is how he has handled the accusation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Sick —it proves a pattern of selective memory.
She can’t remember ANYTHING that’s actual evidence to prove Kavanuagh actually did this, but can remember she only had exactly one beer —clearly coached so she couldn’t be called drunk. She remembers what she was wearing exactly and all the groping details, bathroom details, stairway details, but NONE of the pertinent evidence.
I doubt it is possible there could be actual evidence to prove Kavanuagh actually did this. But keep in mind this is not a criminal trial and actual evidence is not required. It is all perception. The perception is not good.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:19 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,253,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
I'm sure that person will respond but so will I. That poster did not say "I'm not concerned whether she is telling the truth or not." That poster was clearly talking about KAVANAUGH'S BEHAVIOR ONLY. Not Ford's behavior.
Yes. I do not think we will ever know what really happened.

So, all I have to go on is his actions and his demeanor during these proceedings and I find them troubling.

Old 09-29-2018, 12:20 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,914,057 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
He was at a job interview and he would be the one out the door at any other venue.
Wow, that was nothing like any job interview I've ever heard of. And I've interviewed and been interviewed by a lot of people over my lifetime.

This is the stuff nightmares are made of. Except in my nightmare I would also not be wearing any clothes and I'd be trying to hide behind some potted plant, but I digress.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies