Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 03:19 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
The Irish-Catholic drunk stereotyping is still alive and well in 2018.

Despite achievements, the Irish will always be considered drunks.

Diane Feinstein, the champion of women, does nothing about a sexual assault allegation, yet perpetuates her dislike of catholics, especially drunk Irish-Catholic males (at least in her mind).
She went to an all-girl Catholic high school. The “dogma that lives loudly” in a lot of Catholic schools is secular liberalism. I wonder how many of Kavanaugh’s classmates became anti-Catholic liberals.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conv...ol_(California)

Old 09-29-2018, 03:21 PM

10,060 posts, read 12,800,899 times
Does the adjective “Kafkaesque” describe what’s going on?

Old 09-29-2018, 03:22 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
His finances were not even addressed at the hearings so I have no idea to what extent they were investigated. Do you know how these investigations are handled? I would assume when something very specific comes up, the investigation becomes focused in that area.
The background investigations do delve quite a bit into finances so I'm sure they have that information available to them - probably what I would call the single strongest area where they have everything versus interviews where people can choose to not cooperate. Remember, there are troves of documents we are not privy to that the committee gets as part of the process and the background investigation.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:24 PM

23,474 posts, read 12,487,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
True - that's why we're hearing the whole demeanor nonsense now. They need their backup plan.
Exactly. They know the Ford thing is completely failing....no proof, her story changed 'often'(aka-lies), 'none' of the people she tagged to back her up are backing her up, etc...

So they go after him for other things and are using other people's Opinions, not facts, on those matters, yikes.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:25 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
We were talking about his demeanor the day it happened. He was belligerent and hostile acted as if the Senators there to ask him questions had no right to do so.

Who acts that way in a congressional hearing?

It speaks to his character that he felt he was above it all--that no one should have the audacity to question him.

If you didn't see these discussions as the hearing was unfolding you just weren't paying attention.
Someone wrongfully accused of several sexual assaults including drugging and gang raping women. That's who. And if he remained calm in the face of that, I would think there's something wrong with him or he was guilty. Reminds me of the way cops look at people who are suspects and they've arrested - the innocent person will be agitated, yelling, unable to sit still. The guilty ones fall asleep.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:29 PM

57,233 posts, read 26,172,300 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Kavanaugh has been over prepping at the White House for a week and this is the best he can do? Blubbering and belligerant. Blaming others for his troubles.

Claiming he has four letters that prove his innocence when all the letters say is that they can't remember.

John Jay, Thurgood Marshall, Oliver Wendell Homes and he rest of great Justices must be looking down, shaking their heads, wondering if we have lost our minds.
Yes he was quite the spectacle this was pure Trump, if you cant beat them with facts then just shout and act rude, not very impressive for someone that wants to be a supreme court justice. There was a look of shock in the eyes of the GOP senators after Fords testimony, they changed their own format in the afternoon firing the sex crimes expert that they requested. Lindsay Graham went full throttle foaming at the mouth out of the blue and it was downhill from there.

A sitting appeals court justice actually claimed that this was a Clinton conspiracy and they want him on the supreme court. This is someone that might be a SCJ, this is crazy.

Last edited by Goodnight; 09-29-2018 at 03:44 PM..

Old 09-29-2018, 03:31 PM

18,984 posts, read 9,067,948 times
Quote:
Someone wrongfully accused of several sexual assaults including drugging and gang raping women. That's who. And if he remained calm in the face of that, I would think there's something wrong with him or he was guilty.
He showed us how he acts under pressure. He is unable to control himself. He turned on the committee and threw their questions back at them, talked over them or ignored their questions all together. This was a job interview. He flunked.

Quote:
Reminds me of the way cops look at people who are suspects and they've arrested - the innocent person will be agitated, yelling, unable to sit still. The guilty ones fall asleep.
Don't quit your day job. Your fiction writing skills are not very good.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:31 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,115,129 times
Quote:
The background investigations do delve quite a bit into finances so I'm sure they have that information available to them - probably what I would call the single strongest area where they have everything versus interviews where people can choose to not cooperate. Remember, there are troves of documents we are not privy to that the committee gets as part of the process and the background investigation.
You or I have no way of knowing and being it was not addressed in depth at the hearings I have read articles that do give reason for pause. That baseball tickets credit card debt story is very bizarre.

Old 09-29-2018, 03:32 PM

17,988 posts, read 27,444,769 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
I have known a lot of people who black out when they drink too much. It’s a very real possibility that he doesn’t remember. Still no excuse though, he should of come clean about his past behavior. He needs to be honest with the American people.
Wrong. People don't outgrow blacking out, period.

Once you black out, you will do this down the road, or you will have to abstain from drinking, period.

It may be that a hard drinker or non alky drinks too much too fast once here or there, college initiation perhaps. Very rare.

But, so you know a lot of drunks? Me too. Once I sobered up, not as much. Just at them darned meetings. I've recently recovered from the meetings too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
That is why Trump likes him so much. They are 2 peas in a pod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamms View Post
Hope there's no reference to anything about Eric Clapton or this song in anyone's 1980 yearbook. You'll be labeled a coke-head and despite any achievements you've worked your *ss for, you'll be ruined and taken out.

I knew it was only a matter of time until today's zeitgeist of scouring what people ever said or did in the past reached into high school. Grade school is on deck simply because, with the age of reason being 7 years of age, one thereafter knows the difference between right and wrong.
Meanwhile, y'all are boring your children into experimentation with mind altering substances and otherwise expanding the boundaries of trying to grow up too fast, just as we did.

God Bless America!

Quote:
Your continued trivializing of her experience is despicable, especially coming from someone who claims to have been a victim. Not everyone reacts the way you did. Not everyone reacts the way you think they should. That doesn't make them less credible, because their response is not living up to your standards.

Despicable.
Attempting again! ... To shame a recovered Sex Assault Survivor!

You disgust me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
Do you know that was years ago when it was illegal everywhere?

Obama was doing illegal drugs
I'd take a weed toking Obama over an I Didn't Inhale Bill Clinton any day. Remember that one?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh please, spare me the pearl clutching.

My standards aren't that high - you got groped, maybe even a little roughed up, at a party where you and others had been drinking, with no adults around (and your parents didn't know where you were), you got away without even a kiss or smack of naked flesh, not a bruise or a mark on you, and still decades later, you're receiving MEDICAL CARE for this "trauma?" Honestly, that seems really over the top to me. It's indicative to me of other deeper issues that involve much more than this one incident.
Please, don't waste your time on a bleeding liberal who is trying to project their own shame onto you. Your time and experience is too important to those who will hear it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
You're correct, there were pictures of franken.....

No, no he has not....

Are you sure you are in the right thread? Prove what you just said about his finances. This thread is going fast, but I will keep the post number and will continue to bring it up....
Good work, my fellow truth-seeker.

Quote:
Yes, yes, yes, we know. YOU think attempted rape is a trivial thing. You've made that very clear. And that is despicable. There's no other word for it.
Now I get it.

You are horrified by her recovery.

I've met spiritually sick folks such as you.

You are "entitled to your pain". We will not deny you of that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
If K is not confirmed, the left will feel emboldened to pull this stunt on anyone.
As they have since the Civil War?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Ford wasn't raped. She wasn't injured. Not according to her, anyway, not in this incident.

However, I was raped. And I have been very open about the devastation it caused in my life, my struggles to overcome it, the effort it took, the mistakes I made along the way, my road back to emotional health. And you call ME despicable. Wow.

It's a good thing I invested in some therapy and now I take responsibility for my own happiness because otherwise this comment of yours might actually be hurtful to me.
I'm proud of you here.

Sometimes when I say "spiritually sick" to others, I'm trying to be kind, with all of the compassion I can muster. The spiritual path to recovery I took was hard core and brutal. My mentors told me to shut the hell up and listen. Why? Booze beat me into a state of reasonableness many times, "and I sought it yet again."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grlzrl View Post
I don't see any lie in there. He said 'the seniors were legal'. Never said I was legal. If you are saying he had a beer when he was 17 and that makes him a rapist, I disagree.
I want to make a point on the Maryland drinking age here.

I spent a summer around the beltway when I was 19 turning 20. I drank legally and illegally during that time. I did not drive drunk, however. I spent the second half of the summer abstaining from booze and returned to college stone cold sober, amassing straight As that next school semester.

My point?

We didn't go to Maryland to drink. We went to Georgetown, Virginia, to drink. Can't recall which community had which drinking age. I believe Maryland was the more strict. There's also grandfather laws for some on the cusp.

Last edited by McGowdog; 09-29-2018 at 04:50 PM..

Old 09-29-2018, 03:32 PM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Corrie22 View Post
ok you're cynical!....LOL

Who's stupid enough to fall for this crap....she's lying her head off....can't remember one detail...can't keep her people straight..she finally named the people that were there and they all said she's nuts..woops

Some 15 year old, hanging out with football players at a drinking party, two years older than her and twice her size....and now people are claiming ..... attempted....rape..and she's trying to claim she's traumatized for life

No one said she's nuts not anyone there at least - they claim not to remember or are ducking direct testimony - especially Mark Judge - that famous author of Wasted, Tales of a Gen X Drunk. Which BTW contains a hard-partying character named Kavanaugh.

Face it - at the very least the guy is not the studious, strait-laced, church-goer he claims to be.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies