Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-29-2018, 08:06 PM

45,390 posts, read 60,575,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrganicSmallHome View Post
I have not repeated any lie. I asked a simple question, twice, and then was corrected.
No, you stated you couldn't believe that the Kavanaugh's would bring their young daughters to a hearing dealing with sexual assault or why would they.

Quit trying to be cute with your lies.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:07 PM

13,741 posts, read 7,999,139 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Don't you lefties think for even a fraction of a moment, that during the previous background checks which gave him access to highly classified information and allowed him to work directly with the President of the U.S., they didn't interview his high school and college teachers and several perhaps many students that knew him during those years? Don't you think the FBI already looked at his yearbook with a fine toothed comb and already are aware of his drinking during that time and antics from that period of his life?
He didn't just fall from the sky. He has a very extensive and well documented history. Non of which disqualified him for highly classified information and direct access to the President even shortly after college. Also, non of that information made any difference whatsoever regarding his qualifications for a life time appointment to the second highest court.

Actually Flake did the Republicans a big favor

The witnesses will be questioned and I doubt there will be anything said which hasn't been told.

And you can bet the FBI will use all available resources to get this finished by the end of Friday

Old 09-29-2018, 08:08 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrahamLabroy
Relevance? He hasn't claimed he didn't drink underage. LWNJ strawman.
The drinking age is relevant because nobody asked Kavanaugh about it, He bought it up to defend his drinking in high school... that he was a senior and seniors were allowed to drink (they weren't) . Why did Kavanaugh bring up this non-relevant (to you) defense when nobody asked?

"Yes, there were parties. And the drinking age was 18. And yes, the seniors were legal.”
"Yes, we drank beer, my friends and I, boys and girls. Yes, we drank beer. I liked beer. I still like beer,” he said.
“The drinking age, as I noted, was 18, so the seniors were legal. Senior year in high school, people were legal to drink.”

Old 09-29-2018, 08:08 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post

The witnesses will be questioned and I doubt there will be anything said which hasn't been told.

And you can bet the FBI will use all available resources to get this finished by the end of Friday
I agree, I welcome this because I am confident it will show nothing and will only give more legitimacy to the nomination and to Kavanaugh.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:10 PM

2,818 posts, read 1,552,339 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by North Beach Person View Post
No, you stated you couldn't believe that the Kavanaugh's would bring their young daughters to a hearing dealing with sexual assault or why would they.

Quit trying to be cute with your lies.
Yes, and then someone corrected me that they weren't at that hearing, only at the first. I had read an article that showed a photo of them at the hearing. I didn't remember seeing them at the hearing, so I was confused and asked why in the world the Kavanaughs would bring them to the hearing. And then I stated that the only possible reason would be for sympathy. I stand by that even for the first hearing. Bringing them to a confirmation is one thing, to a confirmation hearing is another thing entirely--and as judge, Kavanaugh would have known that. Quit trying to twist my words and intent.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:11 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EastwardBound View Post
I agree, I welcome this because I am confident it will show nothing and will only give more legitimacy to the nomination and to Kavanaugh.
The legitimacy of a liar...just wow!
Quote:
Trump Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh caught lying under oath during Senate testimony
https://www.palmerreport.com/analysi...supreme/11320/

Old 09-29-2018, 08:12 PM

This whole "investigation" is a sham. No transparency, and the White House trying to control it rather than let the FBI do their job. If there was nothing to be found, then why the need to control the investigation? Stinks to high heaven. And I can guarantee that if it were a Democrat being investigated and a Democratic president tried to control the investigation, all the right-wingers on here excusing it would be screaming holy h*ll.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by john3232 View Post

Only the witnesses that the White House approves of. A total sham.

Old 09-29-2018, 08:17 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
The legitimacy of a liar...just wow!
Which lies? That piece doesn't give any information. You do realize that it also mentioned Lyin' Dicky Durbin as the accuser right? WOW!

Old 09-29-2018, 08:17 PM

76 posts, read 24,750 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Saying Kavanaugh is wrongly accused is just as bad as saying Kavanaugh is 100% guilty.

Let the FBI do their job people! Geez.
They already did. 6 or was it 7 times?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies