Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 06:49 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,522,497 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
If you truly honestly believe this, then you should start a campaign to have Ginsberg impeached since she has been the most partisan outspoken member of the Supreme Court leaving no doubt how she will vote.

I like your reply above more than the one I was going to type to that post.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:50 AM

6,735 posts, read 4,418,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Thursday only cleared up one single thing, but it was something everyone suspected, anyway.

Kavanaugh is a spoiled, overprivileged frat boy who expects his entitlement to be continued right on through this nomination process.

All his life he's been given a pass on misbehavior because he came from the right family and went to the right schools and cultivated the right connections.

So what if he was a drunken slob who took pleasure in assaulting and humiliating women? After all, they're just girls, so who cares if he got a little out of hand? It was just a little harmless fun that he had repeatedly after he drank too much and forced himself on women.

It's just locker room stuff, so get over it.

He's permitted to do that. He's special. You aren't.

That was his message in that dumpster fire of an appearance he made on Thursday. He's an entitled, drunken frat boy and he always gets his way

All of you doubters are nothing more than inconsequential little people who should just shut up and get out of this way.

Does all that sound like anyone else we've dealt with recently?

Yep, And the sad part. He will be voted into the Supreme Court. And this will always be on his mind with an axe to grind. Imagine this and having to judge on a possible rape case. What still rings in my head is, Sen. Graham saying, " He's no Bill Cosby". Thats a comforting thought.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:50 AM

46,281 posts, read 27,093,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
are you talking about JFK or Ted Kennedy?.......or Joe Biden?

OH boy, now you did it....you're going to get the cartoon of a life time.....

Old 09-30-2018, 06:51 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Nobody has come out to suggest that it is different than what was portrayed have they?

Whereas Kavanaugh has had many people speak up and say -- oh yeah I remember him and those boys and...yup.....

Look -- reality The White House is putting on restrictions to the investigation that they won't be able to use what they find anyways.

Bow at the feet of Trump & cry the Democrats abused the system while Trump, Kavanaugh & the Republicans did everything they could to block any information they could..
Seems folks need me to cite sources for the drinking accusation.

Seems folks think I made it up.

Seems folks haven't been paying attention.

Google Kavanaugh 'drinking'.......with special attention to Judge's memoirs on his high school days.

US Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh has been accused of sexual misconduct by three different women—Christine Blasey Ford, Deborah Ramirez, and Julie Swetnick. Now, a fourth woman, Elizabeth Rasor, has written to the Senate Judiciary Committee to say that she’s willing to speak with the FBI about what she learned from the nominee’s high-school wingman, Mark Judge, who was implicated by two of the three women and is Rasor’s former boyfriend.

James Roche, Kavanaugh's roommate in the Fall 1983, also issued a statement saying that Kavanaugh was a "notably heavy drinker, even by the standards of the time."

Seems my critic is less concernred about whether or not there are stories confirming Kavanaugh's drinking habits in high school and at Yale and more about trying to suggest because I refused I didn't cite all the articles because I was lazy -- it must not be true.

Google Kavanaugh drinking -- just do it. Yeah now I'm just being belligerent and refusing to cite articles.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760
If you truly honestly believe this, then you should start a campaign to have Ginsberg impeached since she has been the most partisan outspoken member of the Supreme Court leaving no doubt how she will vote.

Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease View Post
this is the way biased liberals think:

but she's a woman and that's different. and it's Trump she doesn't like so that's o.k.

And lets not forget she is also a drunk....passed out at the SOTU.....

The perfect leftist....Woman, hates trump, and a drunk....but cannot say anything.....

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
are you talking about JFK or Ted Kennedy?.......or Joe Biden?
Which name did I post?

17,155 posts, read 12,960,371 times
It's so strange that whenever Trump or someone employed or endorsed by him is accused of something very serious, the automatic response is for Trump supporters to claim it is some Democrat conspiracy, even in the face of overwhelming evidence to the contrary. (Granted, there is little evidence either way with Kavanaugh). No matter what he or his friends have done, it's "fake news," a "conspiracy," or a "smear campaign." You guys have spent two years defending a dude who will run sell his own mother down the river and lie about it to the entire world. And all his buddies are exactly like him.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:55 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,270,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
OH boy, now you did it....you're going to get the cartoon of a life time.....

that sounded a lot like the Kennedys......no Republican Senator or President or judge can get away with the direct death of woman for driving drunk off the bridge and leaving the scene while the woman died of a slow long death and have a 40-year-old political career and be called Lion of the Senate or whatever BS they glorified him with.

they were all spoiled and entitled.....Kavanaugh has nothing on the Kennedys.

Old 09-30-2018, 06:58 AM

Quote:

Google Kavanaugh 'drinking'.......with special attention to Judge's memoirs on his high school days.

US Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh has been accused of sexual misconduct by three different women—Christine Blasey Ford, Deborah Ramirez, and Julie Swetnick. Now, a fourth woman, Elizabeth Rasor, has written to the Senate Judiciary Committee to say that she’s willing to speak with the FBI about what she learned from the nominee’s high-school wingman, Mark Judge, who was implicated by two of the three women and is Rasor’s former boyfriend.

James Roche, Kavanaugh's roommate in the Fall 1983, also issued a statement saying that Kavanaugh was a "notably heavy drinker, even by the standards of the time."

Seems my critic is less concernred about whether or not there are stories confirming Kavanaugh's drinking habits in high school and at Yale and more about trying to suggest because I refused I didn't cite all the articles because I was lazy -- it must not be true.

Google Kavanaugh drinking -- just do it. Yeah now I'm just being belligerent and refusing to cite articles.

And did you hear what Kav said in the hearing? His roommate was not very happy with him....hated Kavs friend......do you not take that into account? They even had to redact some of Kavs initial response to the hearing....

Or do you not care?

And yes, you should provide links to stuff you post....sorry.....but you seems mad that people are posting that you should post links....

Seems you're falling into the leftist side of the house on that issue....

Old 09-30-2018, 06:59 AM

17,342 posts, read 11,277,677 times
Quote:

Funny how everything you stated about his drinking was of no concern to anyone including the FBI who conducted 7 thorough background checks on him. Do you not think his drinking in high school wasn't known to everyone already and it didn't amount to a hill of beans since he was given access to highly classified information and worked directly with President Bush having full access to him. Do you not think, that if his drinking was a concern the FBI would not have given him security clearance years ago? Don't you stop and think that his high school and college years antics and his yearbooks were already looked at by the FBI with a fine toothed comb?
So I ask you, are you smarter than the FBI and know things about him they don't?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies