Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 07:46 AM

38,496 posts, read 25,737,877 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Funny how no one gave a crap including the FBI who did several complete background checks on the man. His drinking was never an issue for Democrats or anyone else when he was placed on the second highest court in the country. Nor was his drinking ever an issue when he was given security clearance to work next to the President of the U.S.
If his uncontrolled temper as you say was an issue during the last 12 years on the court of appeals surely someone would have brought that issue up, don't you think? He would have been impeached years ago if he was emotionally unstable with an uncontrollable temper, no?
Maybe you too know more than the FBI and his fellow judges know about him. You should make that phone call and give your testimony before it's too late.
I'm going with what Kavanaugh said and the way he acted during the hearing which is proof in and of itself.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:47 AM

67,652 posts, read 60,522,149 times
Oh, now he's an alcoholic who is emotionally unstable and has an uncontrollable temper.

Lord have mercy.

This reminds me of when my ex husband was abusive to me. He'd emotionally and physically abuse me till I finally broke and would begin crying, often curled up in a fetal position, and then he'd say, "See, what have I been telling you - you're crazy. You're always at the verge of a mental breakdown."

Funny thing is, after I divorced him and vowed never to allow abuse again, I have literally never gotten to that point of despair again. And I realized finally that my grief and despair and fear were LEGIT - because my husband had been abusive.

Let's see - let's kick someone in the stomach and then when they cry out, let's say "See, I knew you would yell. You're so predictable."

This is the same situation - this man's life has been ruined, his family threatened, his reputation that he has so carefully guarded for decades has been trashed in the most public way, every day he wakes up to new and crazier allegations (Ramirez and whatever that other crazy rape train woman's name is) - it must be like an unrelenting and increasingly worse nightmare to him.

Long story short, I saw zero evidence presented of alcoholism and I felt that his emotional responses were natural and unscripted - which was a big relief and stark contrast to Ford's earlier testimony.

But of course, no one is being objective about this - it's all about emotions and emotional manipulation, innuendo, conjecture, etc at this point.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:47 AM

46,202 posts, read 26,953,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Why do you righties always deflect with ridiculous crap?

So, no answer....I never would have thought it...

So, she was not passed out? She even admitted it?

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/...ol-sotu-115172

But, your on the left...so it's all good.....

Old 09-30-2018, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
At least the (ACLU) Aging Communist Lawyers Union is showing its true colors. One good thing has came out of liberals loosing their minds. They and the company’s who hold liberal/progressive ideologies so dear have comeout of the closet. Conservatives now clearly know who the enemy is now. Also sets a stage for potential anti-trust lawsuits down the road. I would love to see Google broken into pieces. Facebook as well.
Your post demonstrates over-the-top & diluted thinking.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:51 AM

46,202 posts, read 26,953,582 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Kavanaugh has lied to the Senate and there is documentation to prove it so why are you so ridiculously denying it?

Only in your mind...

Still waiting for the "finance" BS you claim.....and yet still nothing....

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc
and his financial disclosures or lack thereof are disturbing. There are many valid reasons for folks to not want him on the SCOTUS.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
So, no answer....I never would have thought it...

So, she was not passed out? She even admitted it?

https://www.politico.com/story/2015/...ol-sotu-115172

But, your on the left...so it's all good.....
She "passed out?" Did she need to carried out? Was she unresponsive, or just an elderly woman who became sleepy from wine with her dinner?

17,156 posts, read 12,903,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
Funny how no one gave a crap including the FBI who did several complete background checks on the man. His drinking was never an issue for Democrats or anyone else when he was placed on the second highest court in the country. Nor was his drinking ever an issue when he was given security clearance to work next to the President of the U.S.
If his uncontrolled temper as you say was an issue during the last 12 years on the court of appeals surely someone would have brought that issue up, don't you think? He would have been impeached years ago if he was emotionally unstable with an uncontrollable temper, no?
Maybe you too know more than the FBI and his fellow judges know about him. You should make that phone call and give your testimony before it's too late.
So tell me marino, would you hire a guy like this? A guy who drinks too much and has a temper? And drinking too much is not going to show up on a background check obviously. Drinking alcohol is legal. A functional drunk is careful about their drinking habits and makes sure it doesn't interfere with their job. This is especially true of people who are high profile and have powerful jobs. Stephen King, Leonard Nimoy, and Samuel L. Jackson are all high functioning alcoholics. And you know that no one was concerned with Kavanaugh until now because the Supreme Court is the pinnacle of the legal profession and this allegation is much more serious than being an alcoholic.

7,827 posts, read 3,361,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Oh, now he's an alcoholic who is emotionally unstable and has an uncontrollable temper.

Lord have mercy.

This reminds me of when my ex husband was abusive to me. He'd emotionally and physically abuse me till I finally broke and would begin crying, often curled up in a fetal position, and then he'd say, "See, what have I been telling you - you're crazy. You're always at the verge of a mental breakdown."

Funny thing is, after I divorced him and vowed never to allow abuse again, I have literally never gotten to that point of despair again. And I realized finally that my grief and despair and fear were LEGIT - because my husband had been abusive.

Let's see - let's kick someone in the stomach and then when they cry out, let's say "See, I knew you would yell. You're so predictable."

This is the same situation - this man's life has been ruined, his family threatened, his reputation that he has so carefully guarded for decades has been trashed in the most public way, every day he wakes up to new and crazier allegations (Ramirez and whatever that other crazy rape train woman's name is) - it must be like an unrelenting and increasingly worse nightmare to him.

Long story short, I saw zero evidence presented of alcoholism and I felt that his emotional responses were natural and unscripted - which was a big relief and stark contrast to Ford's earlier testimony.

But of course, no one is being objective about this - it's all about emotions and emotional manipulation, innuendo, conjecture, etc at this point.
They have to keep changing the narrative as the original story falls apart.

Old 09-30-2018, 07:52 AM

2,830 posts, read 2,495,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
This video from SNL pretty much sums up that kangaroo hearing on Thursday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRJecfRxbr8
lmao

"I'm a keg half full kinda guy"

Old 09-30-2018, 07:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post

Lord have mercy.

If Kavanaugh behaved like that in a court hearing for divorce proceedings, he would have been denied custody of the children.

Interesting that you use an analogy of an abused woman to defend Kavanaugh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies