Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2018, 09:29 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
this is common sense.....I'm a guy and grew up in the 80's...I never went to a party or houses alone with people I don't know without at least 1 friend to back me up. If I was a woman, I would be extra careful.

It never crossed my head to see a house party with people I don't know or I'm not friends with and tell myself, hmmmmm I need to go in that house for whatever reason, somebody in there that got my attention....yeah that sounds like fun!!!!
What I'm saying is that do you really think this is the norm? Or do you think that many teens are unwise when it comes to what they post, write, and even may do?

But apparently Dr. Ford can find absolutely no one to corroborate that she ever met Brett Kavanaugh, let alone KNEW him. Apparently at the very least, she acted unwisely - and that's if we choose to believe her story, based only on the very little we know about her, and her word. Because she certainly has not been able to provide any evidence yet.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:31 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,925,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
Maybe she went to warn the other girls there.
Well, all I can say to that is "Bless her heart."

Old 09-30-2018, 09:32 AM
exm

3,721 posts, read 1,780,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Lindsay Graham has stated that his mind is made up. Even if the FBI finds evidence that Kavanaugh sexually assaulted one or more women, he intends to vote for him anyway.

https://www.rawstory.com/2018/09/min...exual-assault/

Every woman in America needs to take note. The Republican Party is now the Trump Party, where women are second class citizens.

Kiss those suburban soccer mom votes goodbye, GOP.

Isn't YOUR mind made up? BK is guilty and Dr Ford is telling the truth. Tell me those aren't your thoughts?

Old 09-30-2018, 09:36 AM

6,790 posts, read 8,198,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnesthesiaMD View Post
Ginsburg was the first thing I thought of when they claimed Kavanaugh is too partisan.

They think that they can be partisan, and then blame it on Trump. They try to excuse it by saying “We are not partisan because Trump is different.”, but it will never play out that way in reality. Dems are setting new precedents every day, and republicans will follow suit when it is their turn.
If Ginsberg jumps off a bridge, should we hand Kavanaugh a life vest?

The response should be to criticize Ginsberg, not double down on bad behavior. BTW, she did apoligize and state her remarks were ill advised. When can we expect Kavanaugh's apology? She also didn't engage in conspiracy theories, and blame her problems on Hillary, very typical partisan talking points used to rile people up. I've heard Trump speak at a rally and there statements that always get a response. The highly partisan refuse to admit that there are degrees of wrong, they just want to say but "your person..." Kavanaugh went flyng past Ginsberg with his display. I'm not even a fan of hers and i can see this clearly. I have no problem with the idea of her retiring.

Her statements weren't typical partisan points, it was a personal criticism of Trump, it wasn't the right thing to do and it should not be condoned. I will say most would have a hard time arguing with the majority of her opinion.
"He is a faker. He has no consistency about him. He says whatever comes into his head at the moment. He really has an ego. ... How has he gotten away with not turning over his tax returns? The press seems to be very gentle with him on that ….

"At first I thought it was funny," she said of Trump's early candidacy. "To think that there's a possibility that he could be president ….

"I think he has gotten so much free publicity ….

"Every other presidential candidate has turned over tax returns."

Last edited by detshen; 09-30-2018 at 09:44 AM..

Old 09-30-2018, 09:37 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,381,911 times
https://www.nationaljournal.com/s/67...0RB3NUKYF6XWVU

“This was the day Kavanaugh went from being a Bush Republican to a Trump Republican.”

The Democrats, in their short-sightedness are pushing Trump’s solid grasp on the GOP. Good!

2,418 posts, read 2,036,841 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbel View Post
Yeah, you know what, I’m not buying this faux ‘Oh we only want the truth’ BS routine from Democrats anymore. If they were interested in the truth, this would have been brought up in closed session where it could have protected Ford’s anonymity, or when the gave over a thousand written questions for Kavanaugh to answer, or when Feinstein sat down one on one with Kavanugh. They could have referred it to the police. There are a million things they could have done if they were interested in the truth. But no, they used it and Ford to make this a media circus, to smear Kavanugh’s reputation, to harm his family, to utterly destroy all the work he’s done, and call him a sexual predator in the public square without a shred of evidence. So yeah, this IS about the Democrats and Republicans. The Democrats played this super dirty and I have zero issues with the Republicans calling them out on it.
Another post I think is spot-on. As much as it shouldn't be about about D vs. R, it most certainly is. And Feinstein has led the parade in this grotesque matter.

12,905 posts, read 15,660,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post

Kiss those suburban soccer mom votes goodbye, GOP.
I wouldn't count on that. That group is an odd bunch. Seem to love male domination and hate other women who look for attention, right or wrong.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:38 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,075,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Isn't YOUR mind made up? BK is guilty and Dr Ford is telling the truth. Tell me those aren't your thoughts?
I don't get to vote on Kavanaugh, so what I think is immaterial. But here we have Senator Lindsay Graham, someone who does get a vote, broadcasting to the world that he doesn't care if the FBI turns up evidence of sexual assault against Kavanaugh, he's voting for him anyway.

Every woman in America needs to take note here. Even if there is evidence, the Trump Party doesn't care about sexual assault against women. That should concern everyone.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:38 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,465,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illtaketwoplease
Still peddling that fake "bombshell"? That fake social media screenshot is so blurry you can't read the poster's name and the supposed poster has not been identified.
Ford graduated from high school in 1984 but that screenshot "quotes" her entry in the 1986 yearbook.

Old 09-30-2018, 09:39 AM

7,269 posts, read 4,213,236 times
That's not what Graham said.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies