Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2018, 05:06 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,028,320 times

Advertisements

This is not going to happen at this late hour. In fact, when Sen Grassley set the calendar on this nomination, it was too late. Just the final grand stand by the Dem party on this nomination. Were the Republicans to allow this, then every District, Appeals and Supreme Court nominee that comes up while the Republicans have the Senate majority would be treated to the same gutter snipe circus.
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Not what I'm saying, Hellion.

Ms. Ford should have the opportunity to tell her story. If she declines to tell her story to the senate committee, I won't believe her accusations. accusations aren't proof.

If Ms. Ford does decide to tell her story to the senate committee, then the senators should weigh the evidence. to me, evidence would include others corroborating she told them what Kavanaugh did to her years before this confirmation process started.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:09 PM

7,827 posts, read 3,348,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by itshim View Post
Agreed.

I say they stick to their guns.

Outside of forensics, interviews, witnesses and facts--this is nothing to move forward with.

The timing and previous desperate attempts to damage his character is highly suspect and make this unbelievable.
Liberals believe so much in Hollywood, they think the rest of America operates on their principles.Well, they are about to get a dose of reality.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:10 PM

736 posts, read 350,668 times
Republicans should proceed regardless of what this women has to say. She had her chance decades ago to bring charges. There is no proof besides her testimony, which has little value without evidence. Kavanaugh should deny the accusations and keep quiet. There is nothing the Democrats can do to stop his nomination.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:13 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,375,844 times
Quote:
Agreed.

I say they stick to their guns.

Outside of forensics, interviews, witnesses and facts--this is nothing to move forward with.

The timing and previous desperate attempts to damage his character is highly suspect and make this unbelievable.

Covering it up without testimony, discussions or lie detector tests make this highly suspect and unbelievable. Hiding thousands of pages of Kavanaugh's documents from the Bush days already made it highly suspect.

Rush this through now and it will ensure a higher turnout against the GOP in the November mid term elections. Helping the possibility of a #BlueWave.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:15 PM

16,376 posts, read 22,375,844 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NekoLogic View Post
Republicans should proceed regardless of what this women has to say. She had her chance decades ago to bring charges. There is no proof besides her testimony, which has little value without evidence. Kavanaugh should deny the accusations and keep quiet. There is nothing the Democrats can do to stop his nomination.

So you agree that she should testify. What if Kavanaugh really did it, should he still deny and "keep quiet"? Make him testify under oath. And the witness too.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:17 PM

Quote:
So you mean to tell me if Kavanaugh were to commit a serious crime that was discovered after the fact, that there is absolutely, positively no way in which to remove him? I highly doubt that. It may have never been done before, but I'm sure there's a process for it.
There would have to be evidence of such a crime. A women accusing him of a sexual crime that happened over three decades ago isn't proof that Kavanaugh committed a crime nor is there a history of sexual abuse. If there was any evidence, that evidence long ago was wiped out by the passage of time. This women should have reported the abuse back when she was young. It's a little too late now especially given that Kavanaugh has no history of sexual abuse unlike certain people in Hollywood who have been accused by multiple women or have paid hush money.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:17 PM

Default Kavanaugh will be confirmed

Brett Kavanaugh will be confirmed and the filthy liars among the Democrat ranks will be exposed for what they are. Sen. Feinstein should be ashamed of herself for putting forth such a theory in the first place.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:18 PM

6,453 posts, read 6,981,255 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
Covering it up without testimony, discussions or lie detector tests make this highly suspect and unbelievable. Hiding thousands of pages of Kavanaugh's documents from the Bush days already made it highly suspect.

Rush this through now and it will ensure a higher turnout against the GOP in the November mid term elections. Helping the possibility of a #BlueWave.
I disagree--I'm for moving forward.

let the Dems start a blue wave if they think that they can. Dare them--double dog dare them to do it.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:19 PM

Quote:
I disagree--I'm for moving forward.

let the Dems start a blue wave if they think that they can. Dare them--double dog dare them to do it.
Confirm him and let's see how the DemonRats fare.

Old 09-16-2018, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
So you agree that she should testify. What if Kavanaugh really did it, should he still deny and "keep quiet"? Make him testify under oath. And the witness too.
It won't do her any good to testify. Kavanaugh only needs to deny the charges and say nothing. He doens't have a history of sexual abuse, unlike certain Hollywood or corporate men. This will only result in he or she said, which will lead to nothing. For this women, it's too late. She should have said something about the sexual abuse if it did happened back then.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies