Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-18-2018, 01:57 PM

326 posts, read 197,722 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post
Comment 2799. TrumpArea.com. Just keeps getting better...

And then Trump supporters wonder why they get insulted in the ways they do?

Okay. In all fairness, I know some Trump supporters personally. Friends of mine. Didn't vote for Hillary in any case, so I know not all Trump supporters are inclined toward the likes of this TrumpArea.com crap.
I stole that meme... as I do many others online. Can't say I've been insulted directly though... it's always the same lame comments about how Trump is a disgraceful president and I respond with "don't worry, in 2024 you can change that" and then I remind them they have to actually go vote to make that happen too.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:03 PM

29,335 posts, read 9,513,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Then I suspect that you'll be going back through this thread and calling everyone else out when they say she was raped....and going forward in this thread....

But, I don't expect that to happen, because they are on the left, with you.
A bad memory (if that's what it was) is bad enough, but this additional nonsense of yours is no way reasonable or acceptable. I will always call out what I consider wrong doing just as I will always promote justice wherever it can be had, regardless my political beliefs, as I always have. Unlike people like you who seem to do nothing but promote nonsense BECAUSE of your political beliefs.

I DON'T KNOW IF THIS WOMAN IS TELLING THE TRUTH!

If it turns out Kavanaugh is being rightfully accused by this woman, then shame on everyone who argued against her having her say. If it turns out this woman is full of crap like you, then shame on both of you and everybody like you!

Old 09-18-2018, 02:05 PM

30,136 posts, read 23,526,778 times
POGO signed this letter:

https://www.pogo.org/letter/2018/08/...ation-hearing/

Who helps fund POGO:

Open Society Institute Top 150 Grantees | The Soros Files

Towards the bottom, line 146.

Who is the Vice Chair of POGO:

https://www.pogo.org/about/people/

Second to last row, 2nd person from left: Debra Katz.

Who is Debra Katz:

Lawyer for Kavanaugh accuser downplayed sexual misconduct allegations against Clinton, Franken | Fox News

Or for the "Faux News" haters: https://abcnews.go.com/US/kavanaugh-...ry?id=57875179

Now. Let's hear again how this is not a hit piece based on total lies.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:06 PM

19,061 posts, read 12,611,824 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
The posts on this thread are exactly why women don't come forward.

He was young and drunk.

She is lying.

She's a ****.

What was she doing at a house with four boys anyway?

Anita Hill has all sorts of worthwhile accomplishments. I believe she is a law professor at Brandeis University these days. Yet testifying about Clarence Thomas' repulsive behavior is what she known for.

Why would any woman willingly sign up for being publicly humiliated over anything, particularly anything that wasn't her fault?
That's all well and good but back then why didn't she file complaints back then?

Why didn't she confide about this with anyone?

What evidence does she have?

Why did she come out at the LAST WEEK before the vote and not the previous weeks?

You just can't lob these unsubstantiated allegations and destroy a person's good reputation on absolutely no evidence whatsoever

Old 09-18-2018, 02:07 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,224,821 times
Quote:
Much has already been written that begins to explain how such a thing is possible, even probable, though not necessarily proper as far as everyone is concerned. Read any of it? I have, and although I have some questions and doubts of my own too, none are any good reason to dismiss this woman's testimony if she comes forward to testify. Right?

I for one can't begin to know what it must be like for a woman to be raped, and no way can I believe every woman is going to handle the situation the same way. Same with men for that matter. Though I am a male, I can't begin to know what sort of man would think to rape a woman. Yet, it seems to happen a little too often far as most people are concerned, far as we know anyway...

I tend to be an "underdog" supporter in any case. I also believe in innocent until proven guilty. We have no choice but to hear this thing through, no matter our political leanings, and rightfully so!

explain how is that possible.....explain any university that accepts that process especially from a professor?......if a student writes a letter to the university about an allegation of attempted rape by a teacher when they were 17 years old and the accuser wants it to be left confidential and doesn't want to go public, then what is the university supposed to do? fire the teacher and ruin their careers, lives, and reputation? is that how is done at her university? is that being mature about it?

and she wasn't raped.....she said it was attempted rape that she never reported it to the police for 4 decades and wasn't investigated by the police or challenged.

How many people who ACTUALLY call the police to report a crime because they think they have been wrong or think they witness a crime and when the police investigates is not a crime or when it gets challenged in court the case gets drop?????? take a guess......a lot.........I say of all the calls police get a day about reporting a crime over half are bull****.

11,404 posts, read 4,042,691 times
"There are people in this world that win the lottery in life from birth. Brett Kavanaugh is one of them. From day one they are on the fast track to success and everything that comes with it. They are prepped for success and "hand-held" every step of the way to ensure it. (Nothing inherently wrong with that, admittingly)However as a bi-product, often the entitlement sets in from an early age and they know it. Some of them take advantage of it with bad behavior, sometimes even worse behavior. You constantly over and over see the attitude of these individuals and those around them be it their families, their friends (fellow elites from their peer groups) treat stuff like this as a minor inconvenience on their road to prosperity.
Look at the trials of guys like Brock Turner, or the Affluent kid that got drunk and killed people.....what do you *ALWAYS* hear at their trials....it is always about how this is going to affect them and the awesome life they were on track and supposed to have. It is the narcissism of the privileged that the rest of society simply doesn't matter and they should simply shut up and get out of the way.

So when I hear people trying to craft the argument of "So....yeah....maybe he did do it, but...." No, there is no but. If he did it, he has no business being on the Supreme Court, period."

Thoughts? Kavanaugh was born into the 1% (Mommy was a judge and he went to the most expensive private school in Washington DC) and has known the privilege that comes with that his entire life.

764 posts, read 232,132 times
Quote:
A bad memory (if that's what it was) is bad enough, but this additional nonsense of yours is no way reasonable or acceptable. I will always call out what I consider wrong doing just as I will always promote justice wherever it can be had, regardless my political beliefs, as I always have. Unlike people like you who seem to do nothing but promote nonsense BECAUSE of your political beliefs.

If it turns out Kavanaugh is being rightfully accused by this woman, then shame on everyone who argued against her having her say. If it turns out this woman is full of crap like you, then shame on both of you and everybody like you!
But just exactly how WILL we know? In the absence of hard evidence, the law says the man is not guilty.

Old 09-18-2018, 02:08 PM

46,189 posts, read 26,853,468 times
Quote:

I also said I apologized for my post and it was to late to delete it.......yet you still went on your little "oh look I got him now" diatribe of drivel....

Old 09-18-2018, 02:08 PM

9,207 posts, read 4,991,497 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Lying before Congress is a federal offense. Really?

Someone needs to tell Kavanaugh about that as he has lied about dealing with stolen Democratic documents, lied about being involved with writing the Bush legal team's torture memos, ...

That's why Republicans are stonewalling those Bush-era documents and trying to rush this nomination through before anyone has a chance to see them.

There's a good chance he lied about not discussing the Mueller investigation with his long-time friend who is partner in Kasowitz' law firm.

But back to your determination to report crimes. Go for it. That's what she's doing.

From what I can tell, Republicans are insisting that only she and Kavanaugh the Liar will testify. Her attorneys are likely saying that she will testify, but only if the witness to the event testifies, and those who have heard her talk about the attempted rape in the past are allowed to testify.

Seems fair enough.

Let's get it all out on the table and see what's what.

Kavanaugh can bring those 65 who have signed that he did not attempt to rape them.

Yes, let's get it out on the table and let's see what everyone has to say about it. Of course, how do you defend yourself against a "I don't know when it happened, or actually where it happened, or how many people were there...." but yes, let's hear it out.

I'm tired of being made out to be worthy of derision and rancor because I support what President Trump is trying to accomplish in this country. Do I agree with everything he does or says? No, but then I didn't agree 100% with other presidents either (like anyone cares).

Old 09-18-2018, 02:09 PM

20,702 posts, read 12,451,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BELMO45 View Post
This is a potentially dangerous issue for both sides depending how it plays out. If Kavanaugh withdraws or isn’t confirmed this could be a disaster for Democrats because it’ll result in firing up the GOP base and also the seat still being vacant on Election Day. This could really force increased turnout on that side. Remember that many voters said they voted in 2016 for Trump solely on the SC issue. In addition none of the purple state senators get hurt if he withdraws or isn’t approved because they either will never have voted or likely voted against him. So their opponents won’t be able to play the “your guy voted for a sexual predator” card. Now if he is approved I think this badly hurts the GOP because the purple district representatives likely will all lose their seats. This is why I think McConnell and Trump are quietly trying to force a withdrawal.
It could be a disaster for the Republicans for trying to get a sleaze nominated. We will have to see.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies