Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 10:25 AM

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
He's not up for a Cabinet position. He's being appointed to SCOTUS. All of his prior federal court rulings/opinions are available to the public.
But not all of his government docs. Almost all of Kagans were released.

Old 09-19-2018, 10:25 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,073,833 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
She's responsible for making the choice to spend the evening with 4 seventeen year old boys from another high school. What else could she be expecting to happen? Were they going to play board games like Monopoly all night?
You keep saying this as though she ought to have expected to be raped by being with these boys. You really have a low opinion of the male of the species, don't you? Do you just assume every man wants to rape you if you are alone with him? What kind of men do you have in your life?

Old 09-19-2018, 10:27 AM

22,974 posts, read 27,008,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Where did this happen? And when? Everyone else she says was here has said no such event ever occurred.
Sometime in the '80s (maybe) and somewhere in a state in the U.S. but no idea of exactly when or where or who else (or now how many) were exactly there. No idea how she got there,left or where she went.

But I remember EXACTLY what happened.

24,260 posts, read 14,205,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
She's responsible for making the choice to spend the evening with 4 seventeen year old boys from another high school. What else could she be expecting to happen? Were they going to play board games like Monopoly all night?
So all 15 year old girls should just expect all males will try to rape them? Sorry, but I have more faith in men than that. I feel bad for you that you feel that all girls are asking for rape if the go out in the presence of males.

15,632 posts, read 10,388,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
But not all of his government docs. Almost all of Kagans were released.
I thought kagan was a white house lawyer for bill Clinton and a law professor. I don't think she ever served as a judge until appointed as a judge to the supreme court by Obama.

19,573 posts, read 8,518,202 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
You keep saying this as though she ought to have expected to be raped by being with these boys. You really have a low opinion of the male of the species, don't you? Do you just assume every man wants to rape you if you are alone with him? What kind of men do you have in your life?
miu is a woman and she has a pretty clear and consistent set of opinions about men, and women's responsibilities when socially relating with men.

45,676 posts, read 24,008,400 times
As Trump tries to appear as if he is willing to give this accuser a chance, he is revealing more and more he and his buddies don't believe her at all -- just want her to answer questions so they can get on with it.

But it's nice to see Trump being reigned in here.

I wonder who has the power to do this...

Old 09-19-2018, 10:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamajane View Post
Please, ok? There were four boys present at the house, two of them were upstairs in the room where this occurred.

She could have lied and said there were four boys in the room, making the story sound even scarier. But she knew who the two boys in the room were - Kavanaugh and Judge.
Y'all keep stating this as fact. Is it now?

Old 09-19-2018, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
As Trump tries to appear as if he is willing to give this accuser a chance, he is revealing more and more he and his buddies don't believe her at all -- just want her to answer questions so they can get on with it.

But it's nice to see Trump being reigned in here.

I wonder who has the power to do this..
GREAT! You finally admit this is political B.S. and a complete side show. Well, that's a first step to recovery I guess...

Old 09-19-2018, 10:31 AM

51,652 posts, read 25,813,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
Ken Starr, you know the special council, DID investigate and he refused to put her on the stand. IF he didn't believe her enough to put her on the stand why should anyone else especially after she recanted, and changed her story multiple times.
Juanita Broaddrick didn't tell her husband Gary Hickey she was raped. Not sure whether she told the guy she was having an affair with, David Broaddrick, but her conference roommate and several other friends said she told them.

She continued to show up at campaign events and at one Hillary Clinton thanked her for all she did and Broaddrick took that to mean she was being thanked for keeping mum.

At some point along the way, she confided in a guy named Yoakum (I'm not kidding) who began circulating the story among Republican circles.

"Broaddrick filed an affidavit with Paula Jones' lawyers stating there were unfounded rumors and stories circulating "that Mr. Clinton had made unwelcome sexual advances toward me in the late seventies... These allegations are untrue".

Starr had the FBI approach her. Broaddrick talked with her son, who was an attorney. He warned her not lie to the FBI. Starr granted her immunity, assuring her that she would not be prosecuted for perjury with regard to the affidavit. Broaddrick recanted, but insisted that Clinton had not pressured her or bribed her later on.

Starr decided against calling her as a witness.

She divorced her husband and Broaddrick divorced his wife and they got married. Later, they divorced, supposedly over her going on TV to talk about being raped by Clinton.

For those who are fascinated by all this and want more details, Broaddrick self-published a memoir earlier this year, "You'd Better Put Some Ice On That: How I Survived Being Raped By Bill Clinton."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juanita_Broaddrick
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies