Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 08:00 PM

20,757 posts, read 8,579,752 times

Advertisements

If I were a successful man, I'd be worried that some chick I dated in high school or college would come out with outlandish accusations as revenge for some real or imagined slight, knowing she could get away with it.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:02 PM

15,531 posts, read 10,501,555 times
I don't know who Garamendi is. I've seen Hirono, she's as dumb as a box of rocks. Besides Prof Ford is going to testify to them on Monday anyway.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:05 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PilgrimsProgress View Post
If I were a successful man, I'd be terrified some girl I dated in high school or college would try this same crap on me to get even for being slighted or dumped. "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned."
However, if you admitted that there is a possibility that when you were once drunk and young that something occurred you would be more credible than a drunken skanky teenager who insisted nothing occurred.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:05 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie53 View Post
Pot meet kettle.

Never stopped conservatives who declared Obama wasn't born in the US or that he was a Muslim.....or those who have accused the Clintons of multiple murders and child sex trafficking, or saying Bill isn't Chelsea's bio dad.

Cry me a river.........

Kavanaugh can take a lie detector test and should welcome an investigation by the FBI.....IF he is innocent, if not, well...........
Give me a break. A handful of conservative voters made those claims, but I don’t remember anyone in office giving it any weight at the time. Yes, Trump did to get publicity I think, and I thought he was an idiot for it. The only reason I voted for Trump was because I didn’t think he’d win and thought I could just keep Texas red. But I’m not regretting my vote for a moment since the Democrats went totally berserk after the election and showed their true colors. Now I won’t vote for them until they return to sanity. And I know what Trump is, but behind all the nasty tweets he actually has done some good things that I like, and the media at least holds his feet to the fire unlike they do for any Democrat. If Trump sat back and did nothing for the next two to six years, I’d be happy.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:09 PM

21,476 posts, read 10,575,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forest_Hills_Daddy View Post
I think Ford is telling the truth but to play devil's advocate:

- She dithered about testifying, which makes her less convincing even to her sympathizers.
- Her legal team has been shooting blanks and sounds like a bunch of whiners. Of course, a SCOTUS confirmation is a POLITICAL exercise and not everything in politics is necessary or fair. Mike Avanetti or Gloria Allred would have punched harder.
- The media has not really rallied around her in the same way that they did for the Roy Moore accusers or Stormy Daniels. NY Times Editorial Board has not yet taken a stand. Maybe it's because they are not convinced about her story.
- It was not her original intention to come forward. She only did it when news outlets were spreading rumors. In other words, if the rumors had not surfaced, she would have kept her silence and watched Brett get confirmed.

Indeed, life is not fair. The Roy Moore accusers stood up and spoke out unconditionally without demanding to be treated fairly, even when Moore was ahead in the surveys. Ford needs to do the same if she is doing this for a greater good. The way she is handling this sounds like she is already resigning to Brett's confirmation and has a tell all book in the works. It is to her advantage if Brett is sworn in and she launches a book about a sitting SCOTUS justice, as opposed to if he withdraws and disappears into oblivion.
Roy Moore was in his thirties and his accusers were in high school. And they had lots of corroborating witnesses and a yearbook autograph that was pretty damning. Why on earth do you think these two things are in the same wheelhouse? It’s apples and oranges.

Old 09-19-2018, 08:09 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
However, if you admitted that there is a possibility that when you were once drunk and young that something occurred you would be more credible than a drunken skanky teenager who insisted nothing occurred.
Would you admit to something that did not happen?

Old 09-19-2018, 08:11 PM

24,202 posts, read 19,210,098 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
Would you admit to something that did not happen?
If you had a habit of drinking to the point of having blackouts, how can you know that something did not happen?

Old 09-19-2018, 08:15 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,519,803 times
Claire McCaskill says she's voting 'no' on Brett Kavanaugh

McCaskill called the allegations "disturbing" but said she would "set them aside" when deciding how to vote on Kavanaugh.

"I have been thorough in examining Judge Kavanaugh’s record," McCaskill said in the statement. "And while the recent allegations against him are troubling and deserve a thorough and fair examination by the Senate Judiciary Committee, my decision is not based on those allegations but rather on his positions on several key issues, most importantly the avalanche of dark, anonymous money that is crushing our democracy."

Old 09-19-2018, 08:16 PM

6,933 posts, read 2,390,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
If you had a habit of drinking to the point of having blackouts, how can you know that something did not happen?
You democrats are failing to realize how PATHETIC you are.

Blue swirl down the drain. LOL!

Old 09-19-2018, 08:17 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
In that case, he could have murdered, raped, robbed, etc, but so far the facts are none of that occurred, not then, not now. Not one single witness Ford named has even stated the incident occurred.

Again; if it did not happen, would you admit to it? Plus from Ford's own statement, Kavanaugh was not blacked out drunk, he could not have been and conducted the actions he is accused of.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies