Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2018, 09:33 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
https://twitter.com/Lawrence/status/1042412669758828549

This is an excellent point. I believe Dr. Ford is telling the truth.

she knows there is not going to be an investigation

She probably hoped she could send the FBI on a wild goose chase and delay this all the way until next year but it’s not happening
There is nothing to investigate

Old 09-19-2018, 09:34 PM

30,636 posts, read 18,227,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
My experience in general. Boys to men are bigger gossips then women.
Especially about sex....they inflate everything where that is concerned.
Team Kavenaugh is hoping those that they told dont come forward...doubt any dude would if they were told...cept the coward loser author that participated
" judge" is his name wow...has already said he wishes to be left out of all of it. He knows.
You think a 17 year old Kavanaugh would have gone about gossiping to his friends that he tried to force a fellow student's clothes off and have sex with her against her will? In what universe? Come on now. That is as ridiculous as this smear attempt against what seems to be a fine man.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:34 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,012,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott_CA View Post
https://twitter.com/Lawrence/status/1042412669758828549

This is an excellent point. I believe Dr. Ford is telling the truth.
I hadn't thought of that -- but yeah -- that's an interesting point.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:35 PM

9,981 posts, read 5,681,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
And that is likely why Ford wants the FBI to investigate----
Because LYING to the FBI either to shield Kavanaugh or to bolster Ford's position has jeopardy attached--
Lying to the FBI is a felony in and of itself
I think she wants the FBI investigation to make people take this seriously and to make them really know that if they lie to protect Kavanaugh that can come back later to bite them....
... either that or she knows damn well the FBI is not going to investigate an alleged groping incident between two minors at a high school drinking party 35 years ago, so she can safely pretend to still be grasping a tiny bit of high ground after lobbing a grenade into the proceedings and running away. If she wants to force people to take this seriously, she has that chance by testifying under oath before the SJC and taking responsibility for her accusation instead of trying to punt to the FBI. But she won't, and it's becoming increasingly evident why that is.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:37 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantompilot View Post
Right, this is why the foreign born should NEVER be allowed to have ANY job or role in government.

There is no connection here to that issue.

Quote:
This is a perfect example why...we are now being lectured by a foreigner about how our men should behave, when HER people's men RAPED and MURDERED their way across Asia, and OUR MEN had to go and put a stop to it.
Hirono is American, unfortunately, as was her mother. Her birth in Japan in 1947, and her Japanese ancestry, have little if anything to do with her being a manhating feminist senator from Hawaii in the current year.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:37 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
So right or wrong, this woman thought that what happened to her was relevant.

I do believe Feintstein should have disclosed the letter the day she got it.

Instead she sat on it and debated about releasing it -- acting on it.

This woman didn't ask for a hearing -- she wanted this story to be told to show Kavannaugh's chracter I guess.

I've said before and I will say it again -- one night, 17 year old drunk does something stupid...I'm not handing him a lifelong sentence.

Maybe she thought that there were others that had stories and that by not coming forward she was not showing his true character.

So she came forward and said she would go to a hearing....and then the @#$% hit the fan. She got death threats, had to move out of her house AND........she saw and heard the politicians that were going to question her basically say -- yeah we will listen but yeah the vote will go on. She didn't want to be Anita Hilled....and yes that's a thing.

It is easy for all of us that never have been victims to have rules and regulations on how victims should act.

I believe this woman.
I don't believe it is necessarily an act that requires a life long sentence - -meaning this guy's character is tanked.

BUT BUT BUT....we are finding out more about his character. In his nomination hearings he implied his high school environment was spiritual, one with integrity -- and then....now we are starting to get glimpses into the real world. It was a high school like all others...but even worse in some ways (that whole frat boy thing on steroids> This guy Mark Judge wrote a book about how awful the kids were -- drinking and stuff...and Kavannaugh himself made a joke about what happened at the school stayed at the school.

So there's that contradiction (I was kind and didn't say lie)...and then there are all the other lies he's been accused of.

So for some he may not have the stellar character that he claims to have and that's an issue.

This was a no win for all involved. Had other women come forward maybe then it would have meant something but it is obvious this was a one of......and yes wrong on so many levels. But he was 17 and probably drunk and he was never accused of this kind of stuff again.

The accuser will always be seen as some part of a master plot and therefore a person lacking integrity --......

And things move forward as they were going anyways.

You believe her because she is a Democrat against a Republican. There is zero proof to her claims

Old 09-19-2018, 09:38 PM

6,573 posts, read 6,740,252 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Just my point, men have always felt women were inferior. You don’t think women could have accomplished the same thing if they weren’t held back.
No.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:38 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,271,700 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
OOPS!

Woman claimed in now-deleted tweet to have gone to school with Christine Blasey Ford and said the ‘incident was spoken about for days’ in school

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/...ays-in-school/

so it was talked about it in school but the accuser didn't tell anyone until 2012 !!! BUSTED.....she should just close her twitter account forever!

Old 09-19-2018, 09:39 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by claymoore View Post
OOPS!

Woman claimed in now-deleted tweet to have gone to school with Christine Blasey Ford and said the ‘incident was spoken about for days’ in school

https://twitchy.com/gregp-3534/2018/...ays-in-school/

Another one bites the dust.

Old 09-19-2018, 09:40 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,759,397 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Just my point, men have always felt women were inferior. You don’t think women could have accomplished the same thing if they weren’t held back.
Women are being held to an inferior standard of behavior right now. See Sen. Hirono, and see Serena Williams. If you want equal treatment, why doesn't that bother you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies