Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2018, 07:36 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times

Advertisements

Don't put it past the Senate Dems to pull the same stunt.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:37 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Seems like quite a bit more than a 15 year old, I wouldn’t dismiss her that easily.
She either shows up and testifies, or she is dismissed. Personally, I believe this is all political and she's in collusion with it.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:37 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,011,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
He knows this. Neuteral Party, Ringo, What'd I Miss, and a few others have repeated this same FBI investigation talking point literally hundreds of times in this thread, almost as if coordinated. You guys keep replying, which just encourages them to do it some more.

It is time to stop responding to these posts.
You're right, I like to keep pointing out the idiocy and fallacy of their blathering...

Old 09-21-2018, 07:38 PM

57,286 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I wasn't talking about then, I'm talking about in 2012 when she "supposedly" had this epiphany and then again now, before she went to Di-Fi.

Secondly, this is totally about Trump and Abortion not to mention his selection for SCOTUS so he's absolutely got the right to weigh in.

Who's hurtful to those women of which you speak is Ms. Ford, her crew AND the circus they've created...
So she went for counseling in 2012 as part of the master plan and waited for Kavanaugh’s appointment, and yes a few people dislike his views on abortion.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:41 PM

9,617 posts, read 6,064,273 times
Agree.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
He knows this. Neuteral Party, Ringo, What'd I Miss, and a few others have repeated this same FBI investigation talking point literally hundreds of times in this thread, almost as if coordinated. You guys keep replying, which just encourages them to do it some more.

It is time to stop responding to these posts.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:42 PM

13,388 posts, read 6,440,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
So she went for counseling in 2012 as part of the master plan and waited for Kavanaugh’s appointment.
Oddly coincidental that her husband claims she named Kavanaugh in 2012 and was worried about him being appointed to the Supreme Court.

Also, oddly coincidental that the first time he was mentioned in print as a possible Supreme Court nominee was in 2012 in connection with a possible Mitt Romney presidency.

Personally, I don't believe in coincidence. YMMV

For all we know the hubby and therapist are in on it also.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:48 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It wouldn't surprise me. The don't want to have witnesses subpoenaed, they don't want to do a thorough investigation. Because Grassley and his ilk don't give a sheet.
Kavanaugh's poll numbers are dropping by the hour.

Grassley and the Republicans are desperate to shove his nomination through.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:49 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Now they’re saying the police department from the town in Maryland where this occurred will investigate this. As I said this won’t wrap til mid to late October

Old 09-21-2018, 07:50 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,646,739 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by earthlyfather View Post
This is true, however Dr Ford, per her attorney says she does not want Judge Kavanaugh in the hearing room, if she testifies. Right now on Thursday, or is the week after on Tuesday?
Well, that is a shame, because Dr Ford doesn't get to change how the justice system in this country works. Prosecution, or those making the accusation if you prefer, always goes first, in order to explain the charges being levied against the defendant and provide any evidence that they have to support the claim they are making against the defendant. And as you and I already know, the defendant has the right to face their accuser and hear the charges being levied against them. A fact which Dr Ford's attorney undoubtedly already knows and understands. And frankly, the more Dr Ford and her attorney try to make things happen only on their terms, the more strange and unbelievable the story becomes.

So let me ask you guys a question. Does no one on the Democrat side find it strange that all of the terms being asked for by Dr Ford's attorney are completely backward from the norm? Do none of you find this odd or off-putting? Are you so bound to your hatred of Trump and your political loyalties to your party that you simply can not bring yourself to examine this situation with a slightly more cynical eye? I mean seriously, this whole thing has been grotesquely mishandled from the start by Dr Ford, Feinstein, and her attorney, and it only seems to get weirder as the days go by. Yet in a poll I saw earlier 100% of Democrats polled said Kavanaugh is guilty. No evidence has been provided to prove this man's guilt, yet the Democrats have already tried him and found him guilty in their minds. Yet on the other hand we have a Democrat congressman from Minnesota, by the name of Keith Ellison, who is accused of far worse crimes which they actually have real proof of, yet only 5% of Democrats polled believe he is guilty of abusing his former girlfriend. I'm sorry, but I think that is all the proof we really need to see that most Democrats aren't thinking about or considering this situation with Kavanaugh with anything minutely like an open mind. They are making up their minds based on their political ideologies and their hatred for our current POTUS.

Old 09-21-2018, 07:50 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Kavanaugh's poll numbers are dropping by the hour.

Grassley and the Republicans are desperate to shove his nomination through.
It’s not his fault the Republicans are trying to rush it. No new evidence has surfaced that should be causing him to look worse
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies