Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2018, 05:14 AM

11,046 posts, read 5,248,969 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
. I honestly don't see myself voting Republican besides a few specific cases in local races for a long, long time.

you are just a troll......if you are going to take Ford's weak allegations and her timing for not voting Republican in the future then you are not fooling anybody. You were anti-Trump and anti-Republican way before this circus began.

go vote Democrat....the party that outed her and is using her like a political football...........for the rest of us normal folks, we vote base on real issues that affect our lives and our pockets not this circus brought to us by the Democrat party and trolls like you that pretend that you care about women and the truth and justice.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:20 AM

13,389 posts, read 6,409,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by what'd i miss View Post
FOX made up those nasty emails on the inside to generate sympathy for Kav .
They are fake. Trump Republican fingerprints all over that hoax."
Nice try.

Republican scorched earth MO is burning down their own house.
Amazing how you feel free to lob accusations against anyone and everyone without a shred of evidence.

The stench of this circus the Democrats have engaged in will cling to them for years.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:39 AM

4,514 posts, read 2,506,882 times
Quote:
Well her and her family have been doxed and threatened their lives because she made the allegations against Kavanaugh AND made herself public to appease the Republicans saying "Oh an anonymous claim isn't credible." I will also go on to say that it has to be some right leaning hacktivist who doxed her because why would anyone else and the far-right probably made the threats against her. Had there NOT been threats against Ford, I'd say you have some merit, though it is still a potential issue of getting off of work for a day or three due to travel or extended sessions.

As for Kavanaugh, he will not be elected by this Senate until at least election day passes. Why, nine Republican Senate seats are up for re-election (along with 24 Democratic seats.) With the Senate's balance of power where it is right now, a 51 to 49 minority (and one tiebreaker vote in Vice-president Pence) you need two Republican senators whom are running to decide to not vote yes to save their skin this close to election day. A Kavanaugh vote could be what the Republican legitimate rape comments did in 2012 and stop the red tide that year (in the same Senate class mind you.)

The problem is the Republicans are being tonedeaf to the situation. Comments like what the president said where he couldn't imagine why a woman wouldn't come forward with rape charges (listen to the second hour of the Mac and Gaydos Podcast from today and you'll hear tons of stories about this with current Arizona residents) and Grassley's about her being timely despite all the threats and doxing and even Rep. McSally's non-answer in regards to Trump since she herself was sexually assaulted too. I honestly don't see myself voting Republican besides a few specific cases in local races for a long, long time.
She was the one who exposed her identity to the NYP.

Old 09-22-2018, 05:41 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,046,420 times
Bull hockey. Noticed all of the 'victim' or is that 'almost victim' or is that 'could have been victim' posts have increased.

Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! The girl who cried wolf. We all know how that ended.

It is a crying shame to have a few poison the well for legitimate survivors.
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
I guess you were never held down and almost raped then...

Old 09-22-2018, 05:42 AM

9,617 posts, read 6,046,420 times
Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf! Wolf!

Quote:
Originally Posted by staywarm2 View Post
If people were threatening your life, would you maybe need an extra day to speak with the FBI about those threats?

Old 09-22-2018, 05:50 AM

88,761 posts, read 44,581,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
A CNN panel of women comments on their concerns about these allegations against Brett Kavanaugh:

If CNN cannot even hustle up a panel of women to support this smear campaign, then that tells us a lot.
Exactly. Dems WAY overplayed their hand on this, and the public sees right through it. Look at that CNN panel. They are wives, mothers, sisters, daughters, etc., of men who could be accused similarly at any time with NO evidence whatsoever, as in the allegations Ford has made. This *will* cost Dems in the midterm elections. When even other women on a CNN panel correctly perceive that Ford is accusing a male who could easily be their husband, son, brother, father, etc., with no evidence whatsoever, they've lost their audience.

Ironically, this is the consequence of the elitist Dems vastly underestimating the public's intelligence, yet again. They did it in 2016, and they're doing it again now.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:08 AM

7,264 posts, read 4,191,125 times
Quote:
These people are playing games with an entire nation.
Dem playbook.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Well her and her family have been doxed and threatened their lives because she made the allegations against Kavanaugh AND made herself public to appease the Republicans saying "Oh an anonymous claim isn't credible." I will also go on to say that it has to be some right leaning hacktivist who doxed her because why would anyone else and the far-right probably made the threats against her. Had there NOT been threats against Ford, I'd say you have some merit, though it is still a potential issue of getting off of work for a day or three due to travel or extended sessions.

As for Kavanaugh, he will not be elected by this Senate until at least election day passes.
Political game-playing is not a good enough reason to shortchange those who have cases pending before SCOTUS, which will be heard starting in October.

For example... Knick v. Township of Scott, Pennsylvania

It's a 5th Amendment Takings case that is very contentious. A much larger than usual number of amicus briefs have been filed in this case. At stake is private property rights. Do you or do you not actually own that which you or your predecessors have bought and for which you've/they've paid?

Let's say you have a swimming pool in your private property backyard. The government suddenly decides that since some demographic groups lack sufficient access to a swimming pool, they're entitled to use the pool in your backyard any time they wish. Or, alternatively, you have a garage, but your neighbor doesn't. The government decides that's not equitable, and your neighbor and anyone else can use your garage for their car any time they wish. Or... you have a home which the government deems is excessive in size for yourself and your family (if applicable). So, the government decides that the homeless are entitled to live in your home, as well.

Is everyone OK with that? Or should that be deadlocked by 8 SCOTUS Justices in a 4-4 indeterminate ruling?

Old 09-22-2018, 06:25 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,457,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
is up to MRS FORD to name those witnesses under oath in her statement to back up her story and the Senate decided if they need to bring those people in.

so stop with the circus......if they are more witnesses, then let Mrs Ford say it in her statement under oath.

if MRS Ford wants a witness found that could back up her claim, then she can say it under oath and explain why that witness matters on her allegations to the Senate....her own lawyer can bring it up....so far her story is nothing

so stop with the B.S. .....the FBI can't do a criminal investigation and if MRS Ford needs to find a lost witness she can tell the Senate that under oath.

I'm sure the FBI can search and find that lost house and lost party in 1982 that Mrs. Ford doesn't remember and has no details....LOL
ONCE AGAIN - and this time for your reading comprehension - I HAVE NEVER said the FBI should or should not do a criminal investigation.

They SHOULD DO what they do all the time and re-open a background investigation. THAT is standard protocol in these situations.

Please stop deliberately twisting my words. BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.

Get it now?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
are you a child????? the FBI can't do a criminal investigation....they can't even analyze her statements or his ? all they can do is take her statement with the judge and pass it to the Senate.

so for Ford's lawyer asking the FBI to take her statement can't comeback to her, it's her word in something the FBI can't prove either way....that's why she has no details about anything or can't recall.

she calling for the FBI doesn't prove her case.....liberals are such clowns.
Can you read? Please DO TELL where I have ever used the words criminal investigation. You're talking points are getting tired and old.

Once again, please read and comprehend.

REOPEN THE BACKGROUND INVESTIGATION.

It is standard protocol in these types of cases. Background investigations are re-opened all the time.

YET - Grassley states it must not happen in this case.

Why?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
It wouldn't surprise me. The don't want to have witnesses subpoenaed, they don't want to do a thorough investigation. Because Grassley and his ilk don't give a sheet.
They don't want to know. Period. They want to cram him through.

Old 09-22-2018, 06:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
ONCE AGAIN - and this time for your reading comprehension - I HAVE NEVER said the FBI should or should not do a criminal investigation.

They SHOULD DO what they do all the time and re-open a background investigation. THAT is standard protocol in these situations.
Correct, and 6 of those FBI background investigations have been completed on Kavanaugh. The unsubstantiated accusations Ford is now alleging were never echoed by anyone during those 6 background investigations. No one. At all.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies