Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 07:39 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,897,671 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro69 View Post
Good, bad or indifferent, maybe people will start to take responsibility for their bodies instead of using abortion as birth control. Mind you I'm not totally against abortion, but it has become a go to place when other forms of birth control haven't been used.

Lets get off the fear train and start to be responsible.
And what about victims of rape? Why should they carry their baby to term due to that horrible, horrible crime? This is why I can't ever agree with an across the board ban. Too many pro-lifers are absolutist and don't care about the fact a life was conceived. Think of it this way, would Judge Kavanaugh like it if his own daughter the one he coaches basketball for was to be raped and got pregnant from it and couldn't abort. Then again, the rich always found a way in the pre Roe V. Wade days...

Old 09-06-2018, 07:39 AM

14,888 posts, read 10,035,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
They just insist it didn't happen, you know, cover your ears and sing la-la-la-la and it all goes away like a 3 year old would believe. They are the most dishonest people to ever walk the planet.
They know it happened, they know what is seen in the video and photos took place, they know it's embarrassing to see liberals make complete fools of themselves doing this crap but they have to maintain the agenda so they just lie about it and troll here about it.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:46 AM

52,698 posts, read 34,555,075 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
They sure do, I thought Kavanaugh's confirmation hearing would run smoothly now why would anyone protest.

Trump supporters are so gullible.
why would you think that?

talk about gullible...

Old 09-06-2018, 07:49 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,443,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
And what about victims of rape? Why should they carry their baby to term due to that horrible, horrible crime? This is why I can't ever agree with an across the board ban. Too many pro-lifers are absolutist and don't care about the fact a life was conceived. Think of it this way, would Judge Kavanaugh like it if his own daughter the one he coaches basketball for was to be raped and got pregnant from it and couldn't abort. Then again, the rich always found a way in the pre Roe V. Wade days...
Not a single person who actually matters is talking about a ban on abortion. The ONLY people talking about bans are Leftists with their wild imaginations and banning of everything they don't like.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:49 AM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Bam! Exactly! I haven't listened to the entire hearing so far ...my wife has. I step in and listen for a few minutes here and a few minutes there. What I have heard so far is a man that is intensely interested in the law, the Constitution, has read the Federalist Papers, and can quote from memory from them, and identify from which one he is quoting.

This man may be a genius.

He knows the law. He is interested in upholding the law, not in promoting some political ideology. I can't for the life of me figure out why anyone would not vote to confirm him, unless it is the Constitution itself that scares them. They are actually afraid of anyone who would uphold the Constitution. That is what has become of the Democrats. They absolutely hate our Constitution, and anyone who supports it. That's one reason why they hate President Trump.
Oh I can think of a few reasons why not to vote to confirm him: He votes with corporate interests 91% of the time, that is not the way a Supreme Court should work, they should seek out justice not side with their handlers i.e. the Federalist Society, ALEC, the Kochs and the Mercers

Quote:
An examination of District of Columbia Court of Appeals Judge Brett Kavanaugh’s written opinions reveals that he aligned with conservative amici curiae (“friends of the court”) 91% of the time. In these cases, Kavanaugh wrote opinions limiting collective bargaining rights, letting polluters pollute, blurring the line between the separation of church and state, protecting corporations from liability, and expanding the scope of the Second Amendment.
Methodology
  • Kavanaugh wrote majority, concurring, concurring and dissenting, and dissenting opinions in 64 cases in which amicus curiae briefs were filed.
  • A total of 184 amicus curiae briefs were filed in these cases.
  • Kavanaugh’s opinions and the amicus curiae briefs were coded according to their ideological direction based on a well-established methodology in the social scientific study of the law.1
  • Kavanaugh supported amici curiae advocating for conservative positions 91% of the time, compared to 14.6% of the time for amici curiae advocating for liberal positions.
  • Amici advocating for conservative positions include groups like the American Bankers Association, the U.S, Chamber of Commerce, the National Rifle Association, and the Washington Legal Foundation.
https://www.whitehouse.senate.gov/im...201-pager3.pdf

Old 09-06-2018, 07:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,538,911 times
Lightbulb Kavanaugh protesters were paid in cash according to witnesses

They're probably being paid in advance for their bail.

Pubs are outraged.

Meanwhile, Pub congressmen get wheelbarrows of cash from lobbyists buying their votes and Trumplings sit mute.

Old 09-06-2018, 07:58 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,626,404 times
Desperate right wingers just always have to be outraged about something. This is like Trump saying how some people are saying. Who? That picture isn’t proof of anything.

11,345 posts, read 16,705,526 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
Please go back and READ my post...here I'll help you.

"Mind you I'm not totally against abortion"

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
No not just witnesses look at the videos on facebook

Old 09-06-2018, 08:01 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
[quote][Oh I can think of a few reasons why not to vote to confirm him: He votes with corporate interests 91% of the time, that is not the way a Supreme Court should work, they should seek out justice not side with their handlers i.e. the Federalist Society, ALEC, the Kochs and the Mercers/QUOTE]

I think Judge Kavanaugh would agree with you. That's exactly what he said in his responses to questions.

I don't think Judge Kavanaugh has any "handlers."

You're reading too much Leftist propaganda. Let me guess ..."Think Progress?" "The Southern Poverty Law Center?" Both primarily supported by George Soro's money ...and you dare to mention the Koch Brothers? LOL!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies