Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2018, 07:16 PM

30,099 posts, read 18,907,791 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
LOL. This is great. The GOP sees the minefield ahead, and their response isnt to stop and observe things to avoid them, but to run full speed into it.

Self inflicted wounds.

They should have picked someone clean like they did with Gorsuch. Because honestly I think they will lose a couple votes, and even after spending all this capital they will have to go back to the drawing board. They would have been better off picking someone else.
Nope, this is politics and winning politics. The false accusations are also political. Kavanaugh will be confirmed and Republicans will be rewarded for doing their job.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:17 PM

37,315 posts, read 59,690,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BeerGeek40 View Post
Ding Ding Ding… we have a winner and a person of logic

I drank heavily in college and cleaned up my act when I grew up. Yep - I still enjoy some adult beverages but guess what -- what I did in college has nothing to do with the person I am in my late 40's. Nothing. Brett Kavanaugh is going to make a fine Supreme Court justice, and I hope he gets in on a 50 to 50 tie with Pence casting the deciding vote. Just to drive the left even more crazy than they already are.
And. Did. You. Lie. About. It?
Cause Kavanaugh did--on Fox...

Old 09-25-2018, 07:23 PM

3,231 posts, read 6,275,807 times
Quote:
If you believe this you really are out of touch. This is wish fulfillment fantasy.
That is the same thing my friends told me in October 2016 when I was predicting a Trump victory!

Old 09-25-2018, 07:24 PM

30,223 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Don''t be a hypocrite
Al Franken gave up his senate seat

Blake Farenthold used government money to pay off his victims and refused to resign for long time
There are plenty of men on the GOP side who have been accused of sexual harassment and never admitted they did it even after paying off the accusers
Hey--you had a member of GOP leadership--Denny Hastert--who went to prison for an act associated with paying blackmail to boys he abused...

The GOP doesn't have a moral soapbox to preach to anyone on...
Oh, but it does. Take the time to go back to when I addressed the Al Franken business. I'm not going to repeat myself because people are too lazy to read the entire thread.

Old 09-25-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I hope you never serve on a jury and convict a man with absolutely no evidence or proof basically on recalled memories that didn't surface for 30 years.
This is not a jury trial
This is a job interview for a seat on the Supreme Court
Kavanaugh has not more inherent right to that position than any other qualified nominee--

The Senate has the right and obligation to choose the BEST MAN--and a man is a compilation of all his parts--his past, his present, and indeed--his future acts...
Kavanaugh has lied under oath before --
I imagine he will do it again Thursday if he gives his testimony then
Because I guarantee he is going to be asked some very probing and sensitive questions about his behavior as a young man at Georgetown Prep and Yale and maybe even about how he chooses his law clerks...
He opened himself up by his claims of sainthood on the Fox show--
And as a jurist he should know that once the defense broaches new territory, the prosecution can ask questions about it...
He should not have done the show
He didn't really want to from what I heard especially because they wanted his wife there
but he wanted to please the WH that was pushing him to create a pro-Kavanaugh impression to "the base"

And the woman who went to bat for Roger Ailes went to bat for Kavanaugh and served up some nice easy lobs that allowed Kavanaugh to paint himself as like the second coming of Christ
Definitely not the boy he portrayed in his yearbook--definitely not the friend Mark Judge portrayed inn his two books--his "Barf O'Kavanaugh" buddy...
And not the guy that Yale classmates remember...

Old 09-25-2018, 07:25 PM

18,986 posts, read 9,038,556 times
Who'd have you'd see this from a Fox News poll.

Quote:
Fox News Poll: Record number of voters oppose Kavanaugh nomination

Voter support for Brett Kavanaugh’s confirmation to the U.S. Supreme Court is down in the wake of Christine Ford’s assault allegations, as more believe her than him.

Currently, 40 percent of voters would confirm Kavanaugh, while 50 percent oppose him, according to a Fox News poll.

Fox News Poll: Record number of voters oppose Kavanaugh nomination | Fox News
Why are the Republicans trying to ram this through so fast? Are they trying to kill the party?

Old 09-25-2018, 07:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Oh, but it does. Take the time to go back to when I addressed the Al Franken business. I'm not going to repeat myself because people are too lazy to read the entire thread.
U think the GOP has a leg to stand on. To preach moral values when they nominated a man caught on tape describing grabbing women by their private parts as something easy to do and get away with because he had power???

Old 09-25-2018, 07:29 PM

30,223 posts, read 23,643,056 times
Quote:
Nope, even their base doesnt like this with more of them against this, then for it.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/25/u...districts.html

In other words, this doesn't even represent the will of their base. Given that.....why are they pushing it?
What a load. The base approves of this and has been demanding this for days. The NYT is not a credible news source.

Edit: From your own link:
Quote:
"Eighty-four percent of Republicans back Mr. Kavanaugh. Eighty-one percent of Republican women support Mr. Kavanaugh’s nomination. Support among Republican men was only somewhat higher, at 86 percent."

Old 09-25-2018, 07:30 PM

Has anyone else noticed that the poll numbers for Kavanaugh failing to pass muster have doubled in the last 30 hours??
I chose 49 or fewer and that choice has over 50 votes as of right now...830 CST.
Interesting...

Old 09-25-2018, 07:31 PM

12,030 posts, read 9,305,973 times
I believe Kavanaugh will not make it.

No big deal, there are 15 other clones of Kavanaugh (including a woman) available for nomination to the Supreme Court.

If Kavanaugh goes down Trump will likely nominate a woman and be done.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies