Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 05:05 PM

5,341 posts, read 4,429,096 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
From BK calendar

July 1 entry "Go to Timmy's for skis w/ Judge, Tom, PJ, Bernie, Squi."

There is no skiing in July.

However, there is brewski.

Is this the party where the Ford incident happened?

All the male parties claimed by Ford are present and July is Summer as she claims.
Yeah, there is. It's called water skiing.
Frequently Asked Questions
Do NOT reply to moderator posts that are in RED.

20,872 posts, read 9,536,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
the letter from Ms. Ford to judicial committee released:

https://assets.documentcloud.org/doc...2018-09-26.pdf
Sad. I can't help but wonder if the guy was too drunk to remember anything. Would be nice if he was more honest about and said something like, "Yes I did those things when I was really drunk at some high school parties. I'm ashamed I did them and apologize to anyone I hurt." He would probably be better off doing that than trying to deny everything.

5,277 posts, read 2,800,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
From above article..

“The unprecedented obstruction of the Senate’s advice and consent obligation is an assault on the separation of powers and a violation of the Constitution. The President and Mitch McConnell want to ram through this nomination come hell or high water, without real advice or informed consent by the Senate, but that’s just not how our Constitution works.”

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
She would only be jeopardizing her clearances and job if her allegations could be proven as false; which they can't. So no real risk here.

All her allegations can no more be proven false than true.
They could be proven one way or the other if a proper investigation were done.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:06 PM

5,741 posts, read 4,699,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigma777 View Post
I think this entire affair is hitting too close to home (Trump has his own line of women victims). In addition, there are still republicans who have not made up their minds.

I predict that if this looks like it is going downhill tomorrow, Trump will pull the nomination.

Trump starts hearing or thinking 'loser' and Kavanaugh gets kicked to the curb.

Trump would rather do that than look like a 'loser.' Though he demands loyalty from everyone, he gives it to nobody. He'll cut and run without a second thought.

Don't count on Trump's support--ever (unless your name is Ivanka).
If Trump pulls Kavanaugh's nomination, guess who is next up?

Lisa Barrat, who is way more right-wing conservative than BK. But she's a woman. Guess the Dem's will have to think harder about what lies to pin on her.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:07 PM

25,445 posts, read 9,805,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k350 View Post
I have experienced people losing there clearances for all kinds of things, so yes.
You realize that her perjuring herself would do a whole hell of a lot more damage in her life than losing a security clearance, right? Like maybe jail.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:08 PM

3,072 posts, read 1,301,505 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxlrod View Post
If Trump pulls Kavanaugh's nomination, guess who is next up?

Lisa Barrat, who is way more right-wing conservative than BK. But she's a woman. Guess the Dem's will have to think harder about what lies to pin on her.
My father is a lawyer and has told me he has inside info that she was a wild child when younger and that there may be nude photos of her out there. That seems to be about the extent of it to what he’s been told

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
New allegation from a woman in Colorado

Quote:
According to an anonymous complaint sent to Republican Sen. Cory Gardner of Colorado, Kavanaugh physically assaulted a woman he socialized with in the Washington, D.C., area in 1998 while he was inebriated.

The sender of the complaint described an evening involving her own daughter, Kavanaugh and several friends in 1998.

“When they left the bar (under the influence of alcohol) they were all shocked when Brett Kavanaugh, shoved her friend up against the wall very aggressively and sexually.”

“There were at least four witnesses including my daughter.” The writer of the letter provided no names but said the alleged victim was still traumatized and had decided to remain anonymous herself.
https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/sup...anaugh-n913581

8,726 posts, read 7,413,224 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
You realize that her perjuring herself would do a whole hell of a lot more damage in her life than losing a security clearance, right? Like maybe jail.
I have seen people do all kinds of things that caused them to get jail time. In fact, there are millions of people in prison or have been, it is not even unusual.

Old 09-26-2018, 05:09 PM

18,466 posts, read 15,250,426 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbmaise View Post
From above article..

“The unprecedented obstruction of the Senate’s advice and consent obligation is an assault on the separation of powers and a violation of the Constitution. The President and Mitch McConnell want to ram through this nomination come hell or high water, without real advice or informed consent by the Senate, but that’s just not how our Constitution works.”
Isn’t the vote “informed consent” of the senate? If the senate doesn’t consent, all they have to do is vote him down. It seems like he want’s to get consent to give consent.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies