Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-26-2018, 09:48 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,382,338 times

Advertisements

Seems a bit on confusion about this FBI thing.

"Investigation" is a broad term, but what is being asked is for the FBI to conduct a background check (investigation), specifically covering this issue, which is a non-criminal investigation. The FBI is not and cannot as of now due to jurisdiction, conduct a criminal investigation on this incident.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:50 PM

33,025 posts, read 12,305,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
She was an attorney (unlike Grassley who is chair of he committee)
She received the letter from Ford's congresswoman
The author wanted to be ANONYMOUS
That means she didn't want her name revealed TO ANYONE
As long as Feinstein had it, it was not revealed
Someone else leaked it...
Wrong.

Senator Feinstein has never been an attorney.....never passed a bar exam....never attended law school.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:50 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,732,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emm74 View Post
Opinion piece written by this guy

James S. Robbins, a member of USA TODAY's Board of Contributors and author of "Erasing America: Losing Our Future by Destroying Our Past," has taught at the National Defense University and the Marine Corps University and served as a special assistant in the office of the secretary of Defense in the George W. Bush administration. Follow him on Twitter: @James_Robbins.

Yes, he certainly sounds like an expert of what Democrats think.

The people who think the way he claims weren't voting for Democrats anyway.
The way the Dems are going that may soon apply to just about all men.

Quote:
But men are rightly concerned about Democrats normalizing the idea that raising 30-to-35-year-old charges with no hard evidence and no presumption of innocence can wipe away reputations and careers. Why would any man vote for a political party that is generating this toxic environment?

Old 09-26-2018, 09:56 PM

5,277 posts, read 2,787,336 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Then take it from Biden, for crying out loud.

https://twitter.com/RealSaavedra/sta...20096164294656
Then Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Joe Biden urged senators in 1991 not to rely on an FBI report about Clarence Thomas, who had been accused of sexual harassment by Anita Hill.

Here Senators are being urged not to even get a report.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:57 PM

22,626 posts, read 24,477,017 times
If Kavanaugh get onto SCOTUS, I am going to assume he will hold a VERY bitter "dislike" for all things
Democrat, at least for the next 40 years. Might even rival Clarence Thomas in his level of disgust for all things D.

Old 09-26-2018, 09:58 PM

6,738 posts, read 2,893,475 times
They are talking about the mystery man who came foreword claiming it was he, not BK who was at the party w/Ford. It's on FOX news right now, 8:57 West coast time...

Old 09-26-2018, 10:00 PM

8,726 posts, read 7,382,338 times
Man, this is better than a movie, lol. The can make an entire mini-series off of this.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:00 PM

9,885 posts, read 10,931,473 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
OMG, I'm sick of this repeated BS about FBI investigation. He's already been investigated multiple times. Do any of you have any damn clue what goes on in these types of investigations?

I had a Federal government job. I was fully investigated before I got to take that job. They went WAY back in my history, and I had to explain my parents' names, my bio parents' names, why I was adopted at 4 1/2, (yes, really), they asked for my neighbors information, they asked for OLD neighbors information, they got my school records, of course my full employment history, my credit history, every address I ever lived at, past landlord's names and information...it was the most annoying fricken process I ever went through and it was nowhere near the level of SC nominee.

The reason that they got all of the information from people way, way back in the past was for those people to tell them what they thought about me, what kind of person I was like, and anything else they wanted to ask. These were people I didn't even know that well that they were questioning about me.

Again, that was for a job that was not even on the same planet as SC nominee. You can guess how much more they investigate someone for that position, so spare me this never ending whining for the FBI to investigate Kavanaugh.

They have. Many times. And they have done more digging than you people even know.

In addition, for the 500th time in this thread, the FBI already said it is not their job to investigate this particular accusation, it is a local police matter.

HOW MANY TIMES MUST THAT BE SAID! WHY DO YOU ALL KEEP REPEATING THIS BS ABOUT FBI INVESTIGATING WHEN THEY SAID THEY WILL NOT!

Yeah, I have been through the same type of background check, for a security clearance when I was in the Navy.
I agree with everything you said.
Yes, there SHOULD be an investigation! But the Maryland State Police should do it. It is,after all, in THEIR jurisdiction! Yes, we DO want the truth of the matter, if it can be determined. I really doubt that the truth will ever be known, though, there just doesn't seem to be any real evidence.

Old 09-26-2018, 10:01 PM

33,025 posts, read 12,305,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
He may not be judge, but then you will be stuck with an even more conservative on the Court. Be careful what you wish for.
Liberals can't do this smearing and succeed with every nominee. Even if they win this battle which I doubt they will, they won't win the war. The Senate is pretty safe for Republicans going into the midterms and that's what matters regarding the Supreme Court, not the House.
You should be careful what you wish for, the alternative will make Kavanaugh look like a moderate.
I could be wrong, but I think what JAMS14 is hinting at in that post is Kavanaugh being impeached and removed from his current position (non SCOTUS, but still a lifetime appointment).

Old 09-26-2018, 10:02 PM

17,158 posts, read 14,459,751 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Link?
It's been on both FOX and our local NBC channel .. here's the only online link I could find for now ...

https://www.buzzfeednews.com/article...encounter-with
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies