Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 07:46 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,378,485 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
You acknowledge Feinstein intentionally made that impossible, right?
Yep, she had ample time to bring this forward but sat on it until the last moment in another stunt to delay the vote. The Democrats have obstructed and delayed, using every trick in their dirty playbook.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:46 AM

37,315 posts, read 59,832,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Troyfan View Post
The more accusers that come forth, the less credible the charges become.

Why? There are at least two reasons.

Because Judge Kavanaugh has a sterling reputation. He wouldn't have had one in the first place if he had participated in all these situations. His reputation would have been quite otherwise long before now.

Next, one incident might get lost in the course of time. But three, one of them at least should have come to light before now. One secret may be kept. Two is that much harder. But how can three secrets of this type be kept for 30+ years, especially when the accusers acknowledge they were not the only people who knew about them.

Also, I've never heard of a womanizer, for lack of a better term, who didn't brag about or at least acknowledge his escapades. Especially in the 80's and 90's when conquests of women were displayed like notches on a gun.

Yet there hasn't been a whisper about any of them until 2 - 3 weeks ago.

The old saw is true. Two may keep a secret is one is dead.
If there were NO accusers who came forward the first time Kavanaugh was reviewed by the FBI for a WH appointment--how would they know?
If the people Kavanaugh gave as references were all in his camp--not those likely to give him a bad rep to the FBI--how would they know???

Consider any time you were asked for references--did YOU give someone you thought would give a negative review of your personal or professional ability???

Do you think any school officials who might have known about Kavanaugh's "rowdy" prep school history would come forward and tell that they knew he was drinking underage, maybe hosted or attended un-chaperoned house parties in prep school where boys and girls used drugs/alcohol and had sex???

There is no reason to believe that if the specific women that were involved did not come forward there is any way that any of the MALES involved in this would?
Remember the Georgetown Prep motto "what happens at Georgetown, stays at Georgetown"...

Old 09-27-2018, 07:47 AM

3,072 posts, read 1,299,703 times
Many seem to think Democrats will walk out or at least some will at the start demanding that this be delayed

26,694 posts, read 14,555,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
And THATS why there needs to be an investigation!

You are wrong about 'all the witnesses'. There are witnesses that attest to Kavanaughs drunken behaviour.
There are also people that have since withdrawn earlier support.

If Kavanaugh is innocent, let there be an investigation to properly clear his name.
LOL!

No.

If you go to a police station and report a crime that you don't know the location or the time, or even who or how it happened, you would be laughed out.

Nobody in the world can investigate a phantom.

78,863 posts, read 46,596,242 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by j7r6s View Post
You acknowledge Feinstein intentionally made that impossible, right?
Feinstein has done something Donald Trump could never do. She just WOKE a Sleeping Giant. Causing a nice rolling red wave, into a tsunami for the Mid-Terms.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:48 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,202,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by loves2read View Post
Boy

I would be checking their bank accounts....

Right. If a woman makes a claim, she is to be believed. If a man makes a claim, he is to be investigated.

Last edited by oceangaia; 09-27-2018 at 08:03 AM..

Old 09-27-2018, 07:50 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
Agree, if their concern is about maintaining their majorities in 2018, or getting Trump re-elected in 2020. Seems that they care far more about getting this guy confirmed than either of those. They can have one but not both, they chose Kavanaugh. Why? Because he's Trump golden boy, and they are terrified of defying Trump.
That's the silliest thing I've heard yet. They've angered Trump plenty of times. So not sure why you think they would suddenly be scared of him. You do know this confirmation means the balance of the court is changed decidedly conservative, right? I mean do you think the Dems are fighting this so hard and the Republicans standing their ground so firm all because of Kavanaugh?? Ha! Don't be that naive. No, this is only about the balance of the court which would be firmly, quite firmly, conservative after this confirmation. Neither of them actually care one iota about Trump or Kavanaugh. It's all about the balance.

Now, I personally believe Kavanaugh didn't do anything due to both the timing and huge gaping hole of corroboration. In addition, they're now trying to paint Kavanaugh as some serial sexual predator and frankly, that stuff comes out - it always does. Whether rumors of what but it's not something hidden away for 30 years. So no way in hell no one has said diddly in 30 years. Nope.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:52 AM

88,971 posts, read 44,780,079 times
Quote:
I get your point
And that brings me to mine
The FBI should have investigated this matter months ago when Ford's letter showed up
If she refused that, then immediately after her name was revealed
There is NO REASON this has to be a he-said/she-said in that committee meeting
There has been NO desire to have that unbiased investigation done
Either from a rush to judgement before the mid-terms
Or from the possibility that there is an element of truth to Ford's and others' allegations
The FBI has already told everyone involved that they do not have the jurisdiction to investigate the allegations.

Furthermore...
Quote:
"Spokesmen for state and county police said Friday they would not investigate unless they received a complaint — which they said has not happened. State police also said that, in any case, they have an agreement with county police that means local officials investigate such crimes in their jurisdiction."
Gov. Hogan rules out state police investigation of Kavanaugh allegations; Montgomery County police not investigating - Baltimore Sun

The accusers HAVE to file a complaint with the appropriate local/state authorities to have the allegations investigated. They STILL have not done so. Why not?

Old 09-27-2018, 07:52 AM

11,011 posts, read 11,018,321 times
Quote:
If there were NO accusers who came forward the first time Kavanaugh was reviewed by the FBI for a WH appointment--how would they know?
If the people Kavanaugh gave as references were all in his camp--not those likely to give him a bad rep to the FBI--how would they know???

Consider any time you were asked for references--did YOU give someone you thought would give a negative review of your personal or professional ability???

Do you think any school officials who might have known about Kavanaugh's "rowdy" prep school history would come forward and tell that they knew he was drinking underage, maybe hosted or attended un-chaperoned house parties in prep school where boys and girls used drugs/alcohol and had sex???

There is no reason to believe that if the specific women that were involved did not come forward there is any way that any of the MALES involved in this would?
Remember the Georgetown Prep motto "what happens at Georgetown, stays at Georgetown"...
You don't know how those investigations go, do you? All they ask the people you put down is to name other people to talk to. They talk to neighbors, old teachers, whatever, but the point is they talk to people, purposely I might add, that you didn't list. Worked Intel back in my military days and trust me, if you have a secret you're hiding, they are going to find it in your clearance background investigation.

Old 09-27-2018, 07:53 AM

52,708 posts, read 34,525,339 times
Ex-boyfriend filed restraining order against third Kavanaugh accuser Julie Swetnick
Quote:
“Right after I broke up with her, she was threatening my family, threatening my wife and threatening to do harm to my baby at that time,” Vinneccy said in a telephone interview with POLITICO. "I know a lot about her.”

"She’s not credible at all,” he said. “Not at all.”
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies