Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: How many votes will Brett Kavanaugh get for confirmation in the Senate?
61 or more 63 13.55%
58-60 32 6.88%
55-57 61 13.12%
50-54 198 42.58%
49 or less 111 23.87%
Voters: 465. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2018, 10:10 AM

2,411 posts, read 1,443,647 times

Advertisements

Some of y'all need to let this go. Kavanaugh is done!

Old 09-27-2018, 10:10 AM

988 posts, read 682,200 times
She's embellishing and manipulating, and her tone is unconvincing. However, she might be telling the truth about the assault!

I think 1) She needs to go away, 2) Senate needs to investigate allegations of Avenatti client, who spoke of multiple parties, multiple multiple rapes, and so on. That can be investigated at this late date. Ford's story can not, absent a surprise witness or confessions.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:11 AM

2,528 posts, read 1,656,169 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumann Koch View Post
I clearly remember going to the Halloween Ball at the University of Florida back in the late 1970s dressed as a baby (I'm 6'4") in a large diaper and bonnet made from a white bed sheet, drinking beer from a large bottle with a nipple on top, and having many, many different young college women grope me, front and back, all night long.

It was horrible... but I survived that awful night.
Poor thing

9,727 posts, read 9,724,250 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
There might have been some credibility to this case had Feinstein come forward when she got the letter from Ford. There might even have been some had she presented that document to the committee doing the background investigation on Kavanaugh. There also might have been credibility if Ford had identified Kavanaugh several years ago when she was relating the story to her therapist.

Yet...to "remember" now, when Kavanaugh is in the confirmation process, strains credibility for ANY reasonable person. Particularly when her background is a "pu**y-hat wearing" Trump protester, and long time Democratic supporter. The decision to "hold" this info by Feinstein guts any semblance of credibility for the motives of this hearing.

Any reasonable person sees it for exactly what it is-a last, desperate, and despicable attempt to delay the confirmation until after the November elections, when they grasp desperately to the hope that they will gain seats in the senate.

I want to hear Kavenaugh testify that he now remember her and describes her like the creepy neighbor from "Two and a Half Men".

937 posts, read 926,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by atltechdude View Post
Wait what???

She flies at least once a year and has been to the south pacific, costa rica, etc. but she was quaking with fear about flying to come to this hearing?
..I fly pretty regularly and am still terrified by it.

You learn to deal with it.

I'd prefer not to fly if possible.

Lots of people are in this boat.

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
ford doesn't remember facts happened only a few weeks ago? the Washington post said they received her therapy notes. ford said that she doesn't remember if she did.
Right, you'd think she'd remember giving therapy notes to the Washington Post.

3,867 posts, read 4,076,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Why does she have to look down at her notes when answering the rehearsed questions from the democrats
Kinda like the earpiece Hildabeast wore from the DNC during debates.

12,003 posts, read 11,888,749 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisanicole1 View Post
Something pretty close did happen to me. I still remember his disgusting smoky smelling tongue trying to pry my clenched mouth open while he was on top of me. I remember how strong is forearm felt as it pushed against my neck holding my head down. I still remember a lot. Like where I was, how I got out of there, it was July 2000. She does not remember. The thing is I hardly think about it. Only when this me too stuff started did I start bringing it up again. I have no emotional damage or scars from it. I was not raped. I got out of it. Could not pick the guy out of a lineup today (18 years later). I also told MANY people about the incident that night. I also called him out in public the next to I saw him.
You are probably a man. You have no idea how many times woman had to deal with behavior like this from men. Rape is one thing. A drunk guy getting a little to aggressive in HS or college is another. Most women would be in insane asylums if they had such long term issues for every time a 17 year old drunk boy got a little aggressive trying to get lucky.
I am sorry this happened to you and am glad you are doing well. Everyone's reactions are different. I know many women who have survived similar assaults, some as children, some as teenagers, some later in life - some much later - and they left their marks, though the women in question have gone on to live productive lives. But none of them ever forgot and each of them can still tell their stories of survival.

Dr. Ford is quite accomplished and has lived a very successful life, despite being a survivor of a similar assault. But she is not the person who needs to be examined here - she is not being considered for the Supreme Court of the United States of America. Had she not cared about the future of our country, there would have been no need for her to bravely subject herself to publicity, doubt, denigration, and dispute.

The individual who IS the nominee will be examined later today. It will be interesting to see how he is treated by Senator Grassley, the "professional examiner", and others who clearly doubt Dr. Ford by the nature and manner of their comments and questions.

Old 09-27-2018, 10:12 AM

7,974 posts, read 7,346,874 times
Just got home from work, and going to tune in. DH says Dr. Ford is an "eyesore", aka not easy on the eyes. I'd be curious to see her C. V. of college sex partners?

Old 09-27-2018, 10:12 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,611,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ARaider08 View Post
..I fly pretty regularly and am still terrified by it.

You learn to deal with it.

I'd prefer not to fly if possible.

Lots of people are in this boat.
Me too. I have to fly next week for a work conference and I am already dreading it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies