Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-26-2018, 01:15 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiznluv View Post
I was severely opposed to Obummer. Did I ever rant or rave publicly about him? No. I just kept my mouth shut. I thought for sure the stupid whites who put him in office would vote him out. WRONG. So I had to grit my teeth and watch while he stoked the flames of racism again. Only in reverse.

Come on, Todd, the Cape is the most liberal of all Mass.!

Same thing here. I have some very liberal relatives that were very big Obama and Hillary supporters. I never resorted to attacking them personally or the latter two politicians either. I never referred to Obama by Obummer myself though. However, these liberals constantly refer to Trump as Cheeto man, Orange man and other despicable descriptions of him both in looks and personality. They also attack his supporters in the most hateful way by referring them as racists, etc. There are racists in every political party and for most who support Trump it has nothing to do with racism. It just sickens me the way our country is so divided along political lines these days that many can't be respectful of their fellow Americans when they don't agree with their point of view. I am in my 70's and I have seen such terrible behavior before in my lifetime on this grand of a scale.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 01:19 PM

62,938 posts, read 29,134,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Trump makes a lot of people angry. He's hell bent on destroying the middle and lower classes. His policies are starting to hit home for a lot of people so yeah, they're kind of pissed. You should get out more. You'd see a lot more of what you saw today. It's very obvious where I live. I'm just used to it.
Just curious, what is Trump doing in your mind to destroy the middle and lower classes? IMO, quite the opposite is true because for one thing he is doing all he can to rid our country of illegal aliens and deter more from coming here to take middle and lower class income jobs and increase our taxes. Are you in denial of that?

Old 08-26-2018, 01:45 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
Why is it so hard for people to believe that this really happened?

I stopped at a yard sale, had a nice chat about current local affairs, traffic, tourists etc... with 3 people that were running the sale, 2 were soon to be moving to Canada and I made a joke "don't wear your MAGA hat" and that was when it started. I had mistakenly assumed that they were more Republican than Democrat just by the nature of our talk and boy was I wrong.

Luckily unlike some other Liberals that I have met we were able to continue the conversation in a civil way and it was really funny how the Trump supporting woman was egging the Trump hating guy on.

I know it does seem like fiction that 4 people with opposing views on politics can actually have a discussion without resorting to violence but it happens and it did yesterday.
I was asking the CD world if they had similar encounters.
Because it didn’t happen, that’s why.

Old 08-26-2018, 01:47 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,558,442 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Then you must NOT have watched all the "snowflakes" whining and crying in public and going to their "safe places" and calling for therapists to "help" them with their trauma over Trump winning!

Denial is NOT a river in Egypt!

OH wait, your Lame Stream Media did NOT show it. No wonder you don't know about it!
I love seeing the unhinged posts of cons.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies