Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-26-2018, 08:41 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,496,023 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
You dont know anything about me and youre way off base.

Just know this, you can hug your guns all you want, but you arent helping the situation, and as long as you dont help, it will bite you in the azz eventually. Because your fellow Americans are committing acts that will take rights away from you if you dont act. You and people like you have a mentality that is against your own interests and you dont even realize it. Have fun with that!
Good night! I made my point clear enough
Let's get one thing straight. They aren't my fellow Americans. If they were, they wouldn't be shooting others up. Period.

My mentality is against my own interests? Nah. Not at all.

You want a blanket of laws of feeble arbitration that will negatively impact me and my fellow Americans. I won't support it.

You should join me in making the criminals and the mentally ill terrified and 2nd guessing committing an atrocity rather than defy logic and ban the very means of defense.

I don't know how many times I've said this.
You shouldn't be calling for gun control.
None of you lemmings should.

Criminals and those that get off killing others should be the ones calling for gun control.

But do go on and explain why my rights as are open to subjective emotional reinterpretation. Explain to me exactly how I benefit compromising (eroding the integrity of) my rights and the rights of millions benefit me and like minded?
Enlighten me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-26-2018, 08:44 PM

1,645 posts, read 1,213,943 times
I posted this in another thread about the constitution and it is just as relevant in this thread:

The Constitution and the Bill of Rights are both very well written as they are; and not really needing to be updated.

But with each right in the Bill of Rights, there exists the rub of what that right is protecting and how it can be abused, let me explain.

The 1st amendment to the constitution, give the people the right to freedom of speech, it means that you can tell the leader of the country, that you think that they are a jerk, and not have to worry about being shot in the head, or imprisoned.

The 1st amendment also means that you could loose your job if an employer does not like what you have to say. Same part of the 1st amendment give someone the right to scream at the top of their lungs; everything that you have spent a lifetime opposing, but they have the right to say it.

The 2nd amendment gives the people the right to keep and bare arms, to protect themselves if they choose from an aggressor; weather that aggressor is foreign or domestic. It also means that eventually some NUT CASE will shoot up a bunch of innocent people. As in the case of our latest Nut Job. But that is the rub, it is their to protect society, to give the people the means to defend themselves. But it can be abused.

The 4th amendment guarantee's the right against an illegal search and seizure. It means that the police need a search warrant or probable cause to enter a home or private business. This protects society from the police, they can not just barge into your home because the feel like it. It is abused by the criminal element that the police can know that they are guilty, but can't prove it to a court.

The 5th amendment guarantee's that you can not be manipulated into a confession; you have the right to NOT Incriminate your self. The rub that is when you know beyond any shadow of a doubt, that a person is guilty, you still cannot force a confession.

All of these rights and amendments to the constitution are their to protect the people & protect society, mostly from it's self. We should never be trying to shortcut any of these amendments, it starts us down a bad trail.

Old 08-26-2018, 08:57 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,301,832 times
I am genuinely more scared of middle class white males than I am of random black guy hanging on the street corner these days. At least the black thug wears it on his sleeve.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:00 PM

26,979 posts, read 15,886,908 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
I am genuinely more scared of middle class white males than I am of random black guy hanging on the street corner these days. At least the black thug wears it on his sleeve.
I get the idea ya don’t hang around street corners.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:32 PM

15,292 posts, read 7,758,205 times
Quote:
You are virtuous.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:42 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,735,728 times
By the way people, this is BARELY a mass shooting. This some kid taking shots that couldn't shoot straight, missed his targets and hit the side of a barn.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:50 PM

8,888 posts, read 5,369,571 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Conservatives last week -- "An illegal immigrant killed a jogger. We must make more laws about illegal immigration."
Not quite. What we want is the current laws enforced.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:57 PM

3,321 posts, read 1,100,195 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBaldBlur View Post
That’s cute, keep on believing that liberals don’t own guns.

Old 08-26-2018, 09:58 PM

52,698 posts, read 34,548,464 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
I get the idea ya don’t hang around street corners.
safe bet.

Old 08-26-2018, 10:09 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,360,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by subaru5555 View Post
That’s cute, keep on believing that liberals don’t own guns.
When a leftist fires a gun it expels rainbows and social justice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies