Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-28-2018, 09:04 AM

39,868 posts, read 26,498,769 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Hold up... if the FBI, as you said, wanted her in office, why'd they come out with that negative news right before the election?

The senate hearings did not look "gentle" to me.
Negative news? What part? The "she was a gud girl, she dint do nuffin wrong" speech within a week of the election that painted Hillary as a saint?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2018, 09:12 AM

3,105 posts, read 3,833,260 times
I guess China just wanted to know more about Hillary's yoga and her daughters wedding.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:16 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Negative news? What part? The "she was a gud girl, she dint do nuffin wrong" speech within a week of the election that painted Hillary as a saint?
That's not what I heard...and I can tell you from discussions with folks that didn't like either candidate, even the statement kind of clearing her -- was enough to make them doubt her innocence.

I don't know if she is guilty of anything -- I leave that to the courts......and I say bring it on. i'm not a huge fan of hers....

But I do know what I know -- that October FBI shenanigans left many of my 'on the fence' folks I know lean t Trump's side.

Maybe not the ONLY reason but it did come into play in a negative way.

The all clear statement wasn't emphatically an all clear. It muddied the waters.

I wonder how it would have turned out if we did know that the FBI was investigating Trump's campaign and those associated with it for collusion?

Old 08-28-2018, 09:18 AM

923 posts, read 494,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
... I find it hard to believe she and her tech staff didn't know.

So they, and by extension her, are either complicit or incompetent (or both).

America dodged a fatal headshot by her losing the election.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:20 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,442,664 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
That's not what I heard...and I can tell you from discussions with folks that didn't like either candidate, even the statement kind of clearing her -- was enough to make them doubt her innocence.

I don't know if she is guilty of anything -- I leave that to the courts......and I say bring it on. i'm not a huge fan of hers....

But I do know what I know -- that October FBI shenanigans left many of my 'on the fence' folks I know lean t Trump's side.

Maybe not the ONLY reason but it did come into play in a negative way.

The all clear statement wasn't emphatically an all clear. It muddied the waters.

I wonder how it would have turned out if we did know that the FBI was investigating Trump's campaign and those associated with it for collusion?
You don't know if she is guilty of anything? WTF is wrong with you? Just the simple fact of using her own private email server is illegal not to mention the destruction of evidence and handling of classified material. Holy crap people are you really this dumb and blind or is it an act to spread misinformation?

Old 08-28-2018, 09:22 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,004,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You don't know if she is guilty of anything? WTF is wrong with you? Just the simple fact of using her own private email server is illegal not to mention the destruction of evidence and handling of classified material. Holy crap people are you really this dumb and blind or is it an act to spread misinformation?
guilty of a crime is one thing, guilty of being careless another.

So far all we know for sure is the latter.

And I'm speaking specifically about this latest accusation.

If there is a crime -- locker her up -- if they can't prove anything -- it needs to be let go.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:24 AM

447 posts, read 557,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Are you or were you living in the USA?

Old 08-28-2018, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
guilty of a crime is one thing, guilty of being careless another.

So far all we know for sure is the latter.

And I'm speaking specifically about this latest accusation.

If there is a crime -- locker her up -- if they can't prove anything -- it needs to be let go.
You don't just carelessly setup a server to circumvent Federal laws, you don't just carelessly destroy evidence, you don't just carelessly mishandle classified information. Those are ALL cognitive acts willfully done to subvert laws and to hide suspicious and illegal activity. Once her signature is on the forms that says she understands all of that the careless "mishap" is impossible to use as an excuse. End of story.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:26 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,614,780 times
Call this is a deflection, whatever.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/u...er-bannon.html

https://www.newsweek.com/hillary-cli...y-right-493120
Between 2003 and 2005, the George W. Bush White House “lost” around 5 million emails, including messages related to the firing of federal prosecutors who didn't adhere to Bush’s conservative agenda. A federal judge ruled that the White House didn’t have to look for them.

It is/was a common practice in DC or other political domains to have personal email servers.

Old 08-28-2018, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Call this is a deflection, whatever.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/25/u...er-bannon.html

https://www.newsweek.com/hillary-cli...y-right-493120
Between 2003 and 2005, the George W. Bush White House “lost” around 5 million emails, including messages related to the firing of federal prosecutors who didn't adhere to Bush’s conservative agenda. A federal judge ruled that the White House didn’t have to look for them.

It is/was a common practice in DC or other political domains to have personal email servers.
Oh god, another person who doesn't know the difference between an account and a server. Let me explain. When you use gmail or some other internet provided email account it is just that, an account on GOOGLE'S server. When you setup a private server in your own home there is actual hardware (server) in your home that hosts and serves the email from your home not from a provider like gmail (google). While both are wrong, the biggest difference here is security and professional oversight. Google's servers are much more secure from a physical and electronic standpoint than someone running their own out of their home. If HRC was using Google's servers she wouldn't have been able to wipe it clean and destroy evidence and the Feds could have gotten a warrant for the Google mail and got it from Google without her being able to destroy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies