Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 01:17 PM

36,503 posts, read 30,820,705 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
saying a person is violent is not saying a particular act is a violent assault.
Yet ANOTHER violent lefty it was a "violent assault"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2018, 01:19 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,805,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by randomparent View Post
Yes, it is completely normal for teenagers to have these types of thoughts and feelings. Do you actually know any teenagers? She is not a lost cause, and those who are ready to write her off worry me much more than she does. Seventeen-year-olds do not generally have the sensibilities of adults, but most of them get there eventually. And I am 99% sure she'll get there, too. This story should not even be in the news. It's just click-bait designed to feed the outrage machine.
Please tell me how you feel about her father putting her on TV and then all but condoning her actions? This would never have been in the media were it not for them. He has irresponsibly put her in this position as well using her for his political SJW stance. Disgusting. That apple fell right under that tree.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:20 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redwood66 View Post
Please tell me how you feel about her father putting her on TV and then all but condoning her actions? This would never have been in the media were it not for them. He has irresponsibly put her in this position as well.
I think it was a decision he'll come to regret, if he doesn't already.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:22 PM

88,963 posts, read 44,771,250 times
Quote:
Yes, it is completely normal for teenagers to have these types of thoughts and feelings. Do you actually know any teenagers?
Yes. I raised two, and worked with hundreds more. I had an education bill passed unanimously in the IL General Assembly, which given the thick partisanship in that state, almost never happens.
Quote:
She is not a lost cause
She is now that her father let her expose herself as mentally unhinged on national news networks. People don't consider that before they act stupidly. Archived. Searchable for life.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:36 PM

2,083 posts, read 1,086,067 times
Quote:
You never grabbed anyone hat in high school? It happened every day, but didn't make the national news.

That has changed in the age of Trump and hyper-sensitive PC people.
Hyper sensitive? Lol. The libs and all the antifa have created and supported all this PC agenda. That’s why this girl grabbed his hat and hit a teacher. She’s the one who flipped out.

Quote:
Most rational response in this thread. Why is this even in the news?

This is not a rational response at all. It’s in the news because this little antifa trainee reacted over the top and made it news. Also this is on the heels where just a few months ago some boy was attacked in a restaurant and had his hat taken. It’s happening a lot.

Quote:
Yep. I'll deal with it as opposed to running to FOX News.
Yes we can see how she’s dealing with it among other things.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:42 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,354,470 times
Yes, Tina, that post was a rational response. What hope do our children have of developing into discerning adults if we ourselves, those over the age of thirty anyway, can't manage to determine what is worth fighting about and what is not? And with that I'm done. I've wasted enough of my day on this nonsense. The girl will be fine, and so will the boy, if the adults in the room stop making mountains out of molehills to further their own political agendas.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Yes, it is completely normal for teenagers to have these types of thoughts and feelings. Do you actually know any teenagers? She is not a lost cause, and those who are ready to write her off worry me much more than she does. Seventeen-year-olds do not generally have the sensibilities of adults, but most of them get there eventually. And I am 99% sure she'll get there, too. This story should not even be in the news. It's just click-bait designed to feed the outrage machine.

Well everyone may on occasion become angry and have thoughts of acting inappropriately regardless of age. I admit from time to time I fantasize about slapping the crap out of some people just for breathing. Its not normal behavior and by 17 we have learned and matured enough to suppress abnormal emotions and not to become offended and physical over such things as writing on an article of clothing or breathing.

Why do you believe you are the only poster who knows teenagers? It has not been my experience that teenagers become offended and violent over nothing unless they have serious issues.

Old 08-29-2018, 01:43 PM

3,271 posts, read 2,187,338 times
Why do people wear MAGA hats? What is the point?

Old 08-29-2018, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jobster View Post
Why do people wear MAGA hats? What is the point?
Whats the point in wearing a hat or what's the point in wearing clothing with logos, symbols, messages, bands, hobbies, team names, interests, etc. on them?

Old 08-29-2018, 01:58 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,702,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
She can make one, but no one else can. I see.

1. I thought kids had better celll phones than this.

2. This CA school allows students to wear clothing with political content (lol not for long, probably). It's a typical freakout by someone triggered by an opposing view, but I was more appalled by the confrontation with and attack on the teacher. The kid was suspended for a week. Big deal.

Teachers today deserve hazard pay.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=uAY600-GXm0
Students opidentity was initially protected because of age. Looks like she chose to respond to the media and was named.

Imagine most future prospective employers would be inclined to take a pass because she can’t control herself.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies