Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-29-2018, 08:55 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
I saw video of Mccain's daughter sobbing over his coffin on the front page of a website I read today. How tragic this family has to endure the intrusion of the press. the tremendous grief of saying goodbye to a beloved person is impossible to explain and impossible to imagine unless one has been through it. Criticizing or second guessing the choices made by a grieving family is cruel.

I don't think she minds the press. She's a host on the talk show "The View." I'm sure we will see her crying for a while on t.v.

As far as Palin, McCain took a few people down on his way out I guess. I'm sure there's more. He had to know that would pose more than a few questions, as she was his comrade and vice president pick. Same with campaigning against Obamacare for so long all to vote NO in the end to spite Trump. McCain was known for his bad temper. Looks like he died flipping a few people off. That's McCain for you.

He lived a good long life. I have no pity. Many he killed didn't get nearly that long, or even a mention of their name. Heck, a lot of those men, women, and children were probably unidentified. I consider him lucky for having such a prosperous and glamorous life. I feel sorrier for his first wife, and the rest he left in his wake, as there were many.

Hopefully, he did some reflecting...

I have a feeling the daughter you're talking about will run for something in the future. Despite her dad's shortcomings, she seems like a decent human being.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:55 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hellion1999 View Post
funny, that when John Mccain ran for President in 2008 against Obama the same left-wingers who are over glorifying Mccain now called him a racist, warmonger, crazy and a war criminal.....funny, how 10 years later changes things....lol
I never called him any of those things. If you can do a C-D search, I'd be interested if you can legitimately find a poster who said any of those things back then who says good things about him now. Reasonable people can have differences with someone and still respect them.

Old 08-29-2018, 08:58 PM

30,362 posts, read 19,149,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
I feel like I have gone to sleep and woke up in Bizarro World where right wingers bash John McCain who served his country and was held as POW. The left wingers are rightfully taking up for this man and his legacy while the right is peeing on his grave. Weird effing times we live in.
Right wingers aren't bashing him for serving his country but for being a loser at the end of his life....blaming his election loss on the woman he picked for VP

Old 08-29-2018, 09:03 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Sorry. You played the Hitler card meaning you're either drunk, high or unable to debate in a meaningful way. McCain's not Hitler. Trump's not Hitler. Clinton's not Hitler. Hitler was Hitler.

I never said Mccain was Hitler......Hitler lasted 12 years making policy that affected millions and Mccain lasted 35 years of making policy (most of it bad) that affected millions around the world.

My point that you missed totally is that just because a politician served in their younger days in a war, that shouldn't erase or give a pass to their record as politicians.....and that's why I brought Hitler who served honorably in WW 1 for Germany...he wasn't a draft dodger, he served honorably and he wasn't a playboy.

but I'm glad you think that people that compares American politicians (Trump) to Hitler (most in the left) are drunk, high or unable to debate in a meaningful way. The same side you are defending over Mccain,,,how odd?

Old 08-29-2018, 09:07 PM

25,569 posts, read 17,275,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I don't think she minds the press. She's a host on the talk show "The View." I'm sure we will see her crying for a while on t.v.

As far as Palin, McCain took a few people down on his way out I guess. I'm sure there's more. He had to know that would pose more than a few questions, as she was his comrade and vice president pick. Same with campaigning against Obamacare for so long all to vote NO in the end to spite Trump. McCain was known for his bad temper. Looks like he died flipping a few people off. That's McCain for you.

He lived a good long life. I have no pity. Many he killed didn't get nearly that long, or even a mention of their name. Heck, a lot of those men, women, and children were probably unidentified. I consider him lucky for having such a prosperous and glamorous life. I feel sorrier for his first wife, and the rest he left in his wake, as there were many.

Hopefully, he did some reflecting...

I have a feeling the daughter you're talking about will run for something in the future. Despite her dad's shortcomings, she seems like a decent human being.
Good comments.
Actually I think there was something wrong with John. Some things he did make no sense. I heard him say once that he didn't know how many homes they owned. And Cindy came home with a child she adopted without discussion.
And the whole Palin thing. I heard him proclaim that he was proud of her. Then he switched. She said she was gut-punched. I would not have turned on her the way he did.

I knew Admiral McCain when he was on USS Pocono (AGC-16) in 1963. Some of the things he did served no purpose other than to harass and humiliate enlisted men who were literally voiceless in his presence.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:09 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4dognight View Post
I absolutely believe that McCain wanted Obama to win. He gave up trying before the election even took place. Maybe he did pick Sarah figuring he'd lose with her, who knows?

I'd vote for Sarah any day over McCain. Sarah gave it her best and got attacked for it and even McCain dissed her in the end.
No, McCain didn't give up. He never gave up. And he never dissed Palin afterward, though his campaign advisors did. McCain and Palin both did their best to win.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:11 PM

11,046 posts, read 5,269,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
No, McCain didn't give up. He never gave up. And he never dissed Palin afterward, though his campaign advisors did. McCain and Palin both did their best to win.

The same advisors who later went to MSNBC and other liberal outlets.

Old 08-29-2018, 09:12 PM

29,218 posts, read 22,357,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
So did many 1000s of other veterans. Many of which were drafted and sent to that Democrat meat grinder. McCain is no better than those guys except that..

McCain crashed 3 planes to get there. And that because his father and grandfather were admirals and as such used those connections to avoid the very draft that put those other guys there. His story is avoidance by priviledge of that meat grinder and it was only his own stupidity & incompetence that put him there as well.

He's no hero except to the leftists who are deranged over Trump and then, we all know that talk is cheap.
Okey doke, Armchair Warrior. Whatever you say. This old Navy vet disagrees. A tender lil' puddin' like you doesn't know it's not how well you do your job in the military that counts. How well you stick to that job is all that matters.

McCain didn't crash 3 jets. He crashed 2. The 3rd took a direct hit from a missile that fired off of another Skyhawk on the flight deck of USS Forrestal, setting off a fire that ultimately killed over 100 of her crew and nearly sunk her. McCain's own jet exploded, but somehow, he was able to escape.

During that fire, one of the Chief Boatswains grabbed a fire extinguisher and walked straight toward another loaded jet, attempting to stop the fire before it triggered the bombs. He failed. The aircraft exploded and he was killed, and the explosion blew a big hole in the flight deck when it went up, but the Navy gave him a medal for trying. His try failed, but not his courage. He stuck to his job.

That's how it works, chump. You would understand if you ever wore Navy blue.

McCain more that proved his mettle during his capture. He, too, stuck to his job, even when he could have gotten an early out and left his shipmates behind in the Hanoi Hilton. By refusing to go, McCain got them all out quicker than otherwise. They all left together, or no one left at all. That's how it is in the Navy. We all sail or we all go under.

Last edited by banjomike; 08-29-2018 at 09:39 PM..

Old 08-29-2018, 09:13 PM

32,060 posts, read 15,055,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Good comments.
Actually I think there was something wrong with John. Some things he did make no sense. I heard him say once that he didn't know how many homes they owned. And Cindy came home with a child she adopted without discussion.
And the whole Palin thing. I heard him proclaim that he was proud of her. Then he switched. She said she was gut-punched. I would not have turned on her the way he did.

I knew Admiral McCain when he was on USS Pocono (AGC-16) in 1963. Some of the things he did served no purpose other than to harass and humiliate enlisted men who were literally voiceless in his presence.
Sounds like Trump

Old 08-29-2018, 09:21 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,454,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Listener2307 View Post
Good comments.

Yeah, what he did to Rose Mofford in Arizona was such a horrible thing. He wasn't that nice of a guy, but hey, he flipped off the right guy on the way out and is getting much more love than I think he deserves. He was definitely a lucky son of a gun.

This explains a few reasons why Arizonians are as thrilled with McCain and I'm one of them.
https://www.phoenixnewtimes.com/news...tuary-10001670
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies