Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-30-2018, 02:19 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,158,777 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Well, I had to look up "porch monkey" just now. I had no idea what that meant. According to the internet, it means a "tattle tell". I know that just because it's on the internet doesn't mean it's true, so is that correct?
Like many American idioms and words, there are multiple meaning. While the one you reference does come up, it is surrounded by a sea of other definitions that indicate it is a derogatory phrase used against black people - at least on my internet...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 02:21 PM

25,702 posts, read 18,781,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Desantis knew exactly what he was saying, and why.
It seems NONE of you people know your own language. The rest of us know what the word "monkeying" means. We learned it before we even started school at four years of age. What is your excuse?

Old 08-30-2018, 02:22 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
Well gee, he could have said he didn't want to "disrupt the progress made in FL with Scott."

Instead he monkeyed it up........................... by saying he didn't want to "monkey it up."
yea because "monkey it up" is often used in that context by HUMANS>

in fact there is a looooong list of democrats that have used that very terminology.

this is racist not because its racist because we all know it isn't.

this is about dems using a tool to scream racism. sorry. that used to work. it aint working anymore.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:23 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,290,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
For me there are two possibilities.

The guy said monkey it up and just wasn't thinking about his opponent's race. That shows a poor judgement, inability to choose words carefully.

Or he knew what he was saying.

You'd have to be a dumb ass or a racist to use the word monkey when referring to a black person's behavior in this day and age.

So conservative sites are saying monkey it up is a phrase that means 'mess it up'.

I've never heard it before.

Monkeying around is being silly.

Where does this monkey it up come from. It's not in the urban dictionary...or slang dictionary.
There are 2 choices.

1. Unlike his opponent, he’s not “articulateâ€.

or

2. It was no mistake.

He’s either not ready for prime time or he’s deliberately appealing to racists.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
There are 2 choices.

1. Unlike his opponent, he’s not “articulateâ€.

or

2. It was no mistake.

He’s either not ready for prime time or he’s deliberately appealing to racists.
3) He used a common slang term in American English like all the rest of us do.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:29 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,514,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by elan View Post
So much monkey business. When they aren't monkeying around, monkeys are really cute.
Hahaha. You are a regular barrel of monkeys.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrookedDon View Post
Because they don't say it in reference to a black person like DeSantis did.
DeSantis did not say it in reference to a black person. Anyone who told you that he did is either completely ignorant about what they speak, or they are lying straight through their teeth.

The latter of which is a routine practice among the Democrat left.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:36 PM

20,457 posts, read 12,376,620 times
not only are liberals proving to be the racist in this thread, but by far they are the ones most likely to poop on cop cars.

Old 08-30-2018, 02:37 PM

How about this:

What does the fact that so many of you assume the term "monkeying" refers to a black person say about you personally, when the rest of us know full well what "monkeying" refers to? How does that reflect upon your true feelings of black people, generally?

Just the notion that the term monkey or a derivative thereof seems to cause you to make an association with a black person really makes a statement about your views on race. Normal people wouldn't have given that comment a second thought and they certainly wouldn't have thought of black people. I know I didn't. I've heard "monkeying" all my life and I know exactly what it means. My guess is that you folks do as well. But you are so hung up on race that you have to stretch the English language to its breaking point--much to everyone else's disgust. One of these days, all you will get in return when you make these ridiculous associations is the middle finger. People get tired of nonsense after while, especially when it is malevolent nonsense.

Last edited by ChrisC; 08-30-2018 at 03:06 PM..

Old 08-30-2018, 02:42 PM

Anyone who assumes that the term "monkey" applies to people with dark skin, is a racist.

And we all can see quite clearly in this thread who it is, and what ideological perspective, embraces and promotes that frame of mind.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies