Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-30-2018, 03:53 PM

19,573 posts, read 8,516,836 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Hey, Spartacus, you found the word monkey in some verified democrat's utterance. Good for you. That makes it all OK now.

Go out and call every black person you see a monkey. To their face, in public. Tell them it's all right because some democrat used the word monkey. Tell Trump to use it from now on at all his endless reelection rallies. It's sure to bring down the house with wild cheers of "Lock em all up!" It's OK now. Just show them your ……..uh...…..verifiable link.

Idiocracy rules!
Idiocy does rule....in your post above. LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-30-2018, 03:55 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Default Hollywood Releases "Monkey Up" a 2016 Movie When Obama was President - Nobody Called It Racist.

Democrats are in full derangement mode. Tell us that saying "Monkey Up" is racist term.

Yet in 2016, when Obama was President, Hollywood releases a movie called "Monkey Up". Nobody said it was racist.

We all know what's going on. It's called race huckstering. This is all the corrupt MSM and Democrats have left these days. Trump has apparently beaten them so badly. (The russian thing did die this week)

Monkey Up (2016)

Old 08-30-2018, 03:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bureaucat View Post
“Mess up” or “muck up” would have made sense.

It brings be back to an earlier post. De Santis is either just not that bright and used the wrong word but won’t retract it, or it was an intentional appeal to the Neanderthals.
The presumption by you people that you are going to be honored and respected as the word usage police is a wrong presumption.

Seriously, get over yourself.

Everybody and anybody can say the word monkey, whether you or the leaders of your Democrat ctrl-left "political correctness" gestapo like it or not.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:57 PM

15,713 posts, read 9,519,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly. It's such a common term, they made a movie with that name.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt4820278/
Wow. You think this is the same thing? That movie is about an actual monkey. Oh, and it's fiction. For some reason, I feel like that has to be pointed out to you.

Old 08-30-2018, 03:59 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,618,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe the Photog View Post
Wow. You think this is the same thing? That movie is about an actual monkey. Oh, and it's fiction. For some reason, I feel like that has to be pointed out to you.

You are busted son. If Monkey UP was racist, hollywood would have never made a movie with that name, especially while Obama was President.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:00 PM

You guys are monkeying up this whole thread.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:01 PM

25,719 posts, read 18,788,778 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Go out and call every black person you see a monkey.
Can you show me where this guy called anyone a monkey?

I think a lot of people need their hearing checked. Y'all have been blasting your stereos to long, too loud. If you can't hear the difference between the word "monkey" and "monkeying," there is something going on with your hearing. The difference is the "ING." that little "ing" in this case is the slang verb usage of "to monkey" converted to gerund by affixing the "ing." Thus we have, "monkeyING." MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING. MonkeyING.

See the difference there? Monkey. Monkeying. There is a difference in the definitions. Did you know that? Now you do.

To be clear:

monkey -- (noun) A primate that... blah blah blah

to monkey -- (slang verb) foolish actions... blah blah blah

monkeying -- (gerund form of slang verb) foolish actions... blah blah blah

Ultimately, your cardiologist will be as delighted as you are that you now know the difference.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:01 PM

11,988 posts, read 5,292,205 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
The presumption by you people that you are going to be honored and respected as the word usage police is a wrong presumption.

Seriously, get over yourself.

Everybody and anybody can say the word monkey, whether you or the leaders of your Democrat ctrl-left "political correctness" gestapo like it or not.
You’re making up a word that didn’t exist before now. You can be as partisan as you like, but this is getting imbecilic.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:03 PM

10,453 posts, read 4,036,859 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus713 View Post
Here is a link to quite a few videos of Democrat politicians using phrases such as monkey around and whatnot:

https://twitter.com/phillyrich1/stat...853504/video/1

This should put to an end the effort to escalate the use of the term monkey by Ron Desantis into "monkeygate".

Only the most hardened, foaming at the mouth racists will continue to hold out, as they cannot stop themselves.
I had a relative today that had come to me with glee saying "DeSantis called Gullian a monkey". When I told her that he didn't call anyone a monkey, but a possible situation, she then goes and says "well, that not what they say". I'm like who is they? CNN , MSNBC, etc. I offered to show her a video of the actual interview, and instead she got up and ran off instead of checking out the information for herself. It's crazy to see my once pretty reasonable cousin become completely brainwashed by the extreme liberal left. All I can say is, thank God she can't vote because she is a felon for being with the wrong crowd when she was younger.

Old 08-30-2018, 04:05 PM

13,778 posts, read 9,660,467 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You are busted son. If Monkey UP was racist, hollywood would have never made a movie with that name, especially while Obama was President.
It's racist when you use it as a warning to your constituents to make sure they vote against that black person running against you. We wouldn't want no...….ah...…….monkeys in the Governors office now would we?

Come on Kitty, spin for me. Spin hard.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies